Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Tom Morrow

Okay so with three rides under my belt, 2 in the 4th car and one in the 2nd, I’d say that cars 1 and 3 are the ideal ones.

Car 2 becomes car 1 and misses the end of scenes.

Car 4 stays in last and misses the beginning of scenes.

Car 1 becomes car 3 and car 3 becomes car 2 and these two experience the largest amount of the individual scenes.

From their starting positions, I would rank them: 1>3>2>4

gerarar

Premium Member
Car 1 and Car 3 are merely a tie, but 1 has the slight edge because you get to see the locomotive door open which you are greeted by Goofy. Also, get to see Mickey and Minnie roll in their red car. Car 3 barely sees any of it aside from them knocking down the track switch onward

Magic Feather

Back in March I don’t remember the interior queue music being notable but now I’m hearing instrumental music from the cartoon shorts. Is this new?

By the way, we walked straight through the pre-show theater.
The interior queue loop is a series of new arrangements based on some music from the shorts.
Car 1 and Car 3 are merely a tie, but 1 has the slight edge because you get to see the locomotive door open which you are greeted by Goofy. Also, get to see Mickey and Minnie roll in their red car. Car 3 barely sees any of it aside from them knocking down the track switch onward
You also miss the Trumpet Squid in Car 3

Surferboy567

This may be very obvious, be watching this in VR really changes things. It’s hard to explain but the sets are (closer?) to your face when watching it really selling that 2 and a half D experience. Also looking up and around is a real step up from a flat video. I have to say give it a shot if you haven’t. Also, these rooms are super tall (especially the last scene).

One little tip: When you go into the volcano/under the sea room, take a look at the screens before vehicles go into their alcove they are themed with unique media (yes this is an obvious thing, but it’s the small details).

Purduevian

They really could run it, it just cuts it very close operationally, so ops decided to cut it.

How much space for a queue is there after the preshow rooms? Could they theoretically fill that area in the morning by skipping the preshow. Then run the preshow for all groups until the line hits a certain point. Then once it fills up again start running the preshows again? I realize this would probably take at least 1 extra cast member to manage the line. Also not everyone would see the short... but some would.

Tom Morrow

I saw the opening scenes just fine in car 2, but left too early in the carnival scene and everything after. The carnival scene is where the cars get shuffled around.

disneygeek90

Okay so with three rides under my belt, 2 in the 4th car and one in the 2nd, I’d say that cars 1 and 3 are the ideal ones.

Car 2 becomes car 1 and misses the end of scenes.

Car 4 stays in last and misses the beginning of scenes.

Car 1 becomes car 3 and car 3 becomes car 2 and these two experience the largest amount of the individual scenes.

From their starting positions, I would rank them: 1>3>2>4
Car 2 is my least fav.

Ironically enough, I would rank my favorite to least favorite as 4>1>3>2

Giss Neric

Car 1 is my fav cause when goofy goes to the left your train follows it then swiftly goes to the right.

Surferboy567

The newest Disney Magic Moments features source audio (I think) of the Runaway Railway. The sound design is particularly amazing use headphones. Keep in mind they skip the daisy dance scene for some reason. I can’t tell if it’s source audio I believe it is, sounds different then normal.

Tom Morrow

The newest Disney Magic Moments features source audio (I think) of the Runaway Railway. The sound design is particularly amazing use headphones. Keep in mind they skip the daisy dance scene for some reason. I can’t tell if it’s source audio I believe it is, sounds different then normal.
It seems to be a source mix. With any source audio, it will always sound different without the acoustics of the rooms of the attraction.

Surferboy567

It seems to be a source mix. With any source audio, it will always sound different without the acoustics of the rooms of the attraction.

I never picked up on “Nothing can stop us now” being woven into (virtually) every scene.

Also, when the factory changes Mickey says something along the lines of “We did it, watch this” but then after that I can’t understand what he says.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I never picked up on “Nothing can stop us now” being woven into (virtually) every scene.

Also, when the factory changes Mickey says something along the lines of “We did it, watch this” but then after that I can’t understand what he says.

Mickey: We did it! Hahaha! Let's eat!

<Pluto barks twice>

Goofy: <chuckle> Well that concludes my guided tour...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom