Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

Toni25

It's a Test Track Style Ride System. Didn't realize that wasn't out there yet. It is now.
Hmm, for some reason I was expecting a trackless "movie report" type ride 🤔
Something similar to Mickie & Minnie since the action starts at a train station...I am curios if it will just tell you the story of the movie, scene by scene, or if they integrate some kind of new plot...like getting chased around by Mr. Manchas or something.
Will the ride have portions where it speeds up rapidly? Is it that adventurous of a ride?

GimpYancIent

Hmm, for some reason I was expecting a trackless "movie report" type ride 🤔
Something similar to Mickie & Minnie since the action starts at a train station...I am curios if it will just tell you the story of the movie, scene by scene, or if they integrate some kind of new plot...like getting chased around by Mr. Manchas or something.
Will the ride have portions where it speeds up rapidly? Is it that adventurous of a ride?
Zootopia theme and a different ride type, all very interesting, my thinking is such a concept would lend itself better to the Animal Kingdom rather than Shanghai.

Toni25

Just because they build a Zootopia land in Shanghai doesn't mean they have to replicate it somewhere else.
I love the idea of having unique rides/lands per every park, it makes it visiting all that more special, besides, they have so many IPs and ideas they wouldn't even be able to fill all their parks.
I guess financial limitations are a driving factor...it's easier to copy and paste a land than to conceptualize a new one.
Also, if an IP is proven to be popular, they put it in every single park (cough *frozen* ; *toy story* ) I just wish they made different rides of it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I still say the huge expansion lot behind Star Tours is perfect for a Zootopia land.

With Star Tours getting a Zootopia overlay using a ride premise loosely based on the unrealized Roger Rabbit's Toontown Trolley concept.
A "tour of Zootopia" attraction with some DMV driver's test chaos thrown in for good measure. That paired with ambient smells and hot/cold effects and you'd have a bonafide hit for families wanting more out of DHS.

Last edited:

The Visionary Soul

Is this the one that was supposed to be an EMV before issues hit, or am I getting confused with a different project?
I mean, technically the ride systems are the same. EMVs just have the additional movements on top, but its the same base and track on each vehicle type. From what I understand, although technically possible, they've never merged the high speeds together with the motion bases because they haven't been sure how well the motion bases would hold up at high speed.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same things or not though, I don't believe this ever had the motion bases. I could be wrong though. I've only seen concept art and schematics from about a year ago, nothing earlier. It could have been changed before I saw it.

Magic Feather

I mean, technically the ride systems are the same. EMVs just have the additional movements on top, but its the same base and track on each vehicle type. From what I understand, although technically possible, they've never merged the high speeds together with the motion bases because they haven't been sure how well the motion bases would hold up at high speed.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same things or not though, I don't believe this ever had the motion bases. I could be wrong though. I've only seen concept art and schematics from about a year ago, nothing earlier. It could have been changed before I saw it.
Maybe the similarity is what tripped me up. To be completely honest, I probably just saw the "slot" and assumed they'd use an EMV base on the vehicle.

D231016

Another view from above: https://720yun.com/t/eavkOh8w51b?scene_id=57190176
1604400635081.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom