News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Animaniac93-98

"The removal of the song from Downtown Disney’s background music is part of a continuous process to deliver an environment that features stories that are relevant and inclusive, Disneyland officials said."

The song is included in Tokyo Disneyland's revised entrance loop that started playing July 1.

Animaniac93-98

People here are talking about incorporating New Orleans into Frontierland, but what about the Tokyo approach of using New Orleans as a transition between World Bazaar [Main Street] and the rest of Adventureland?

Brer Panther

Fox&Hound

I took a minute recently and got creative sketching out how I thought Frontierland could be modified to bring some New Orleans flavor into the mix without messing with the main drag. This is roughly what I was picturing in my post early in this thread about pushing out the area beyond the Railroad Tracks and retheming the existing buildings to look like New Orleans, essentially building a Mini Land that is largely separate from the existing Frontierland (though of course the new look of the Mountain will intrude somewhat).

The transition happens as you move under the Train Station, the outdoor queue for Splash/PATF winds through a "park" in "New Orleans" with streetlamps throughout, jazz floating through the air, and appropriate-looking buildings on every side. Move the current Restrooms at the Splash Exit and build Tiana's Palace as a table service Restaurant in that area, with a window next door serving hot Beignets for maximum effect. That way you get a whole New Orleans mini-land out of the deal, Tiana's Restaurant would be right there as you get off the ride, and most of it is cordoned off from the Old-West stylings of Frontierland.

Not to scale, of course, but you get the idea:

View attachment 493098

Forgive me for wandering into some serious Armchair Imagineering territory!

Oh my gosh!!!!! This is breath taking. It is so beautiful and warm and full of life. Wow! I could look at that all day. Wow- you are extremely talented.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Hey, everyday people reading this thread right now. Join the Save Splash Mountain Facebook Group. Nearing 1,000 members.

I’ll join the group. That said I’m not as worried about losing the SoTS theme to be honest as I am about this being a cheap reskinning in light of 1) COVID; 2) Chapek being Chapek; and 3) the veil of wokeness being used as a “criticism shield” to disguise the fact that corners were/are being cut.

I hope at the very least if TWDC sees there is resistance to this project among fans they will at least put the necessary funds into making this a worthy replacement to the original and/or delay the project as long as possible unless/until they can allocate said funding.

Kate F

I took a minute recently and got creative sketching out how I thought Frontierland could be modified to bring some New Orleans flavor into the mix without messing with the main drag. This is roughly what I was picturing in my post early in this thread about pushing out the area beyond the Railroad Tracks and retheming the existing buildings to look like New Orleans, essentially building a Mini Land that is largely separate from the existing Frontierland (though of course the new look of the Mountain will intrude somewhat).

The transition happens as you move under the Train Station, the outdoor queue for Splash/PATF winds through a "park" in "New Orleans" with streetlamps throughout, jazz floating through the air, and appropriate-looking buildings on every side. Move the current Restrooms at the Splash Exit and build Tiana's Palace as a table service Restaurant in that area, with a window next door serving hot Beignets for maximum effect. That way you get a whole New Orleans mini-land out of the deal, Tiana's Restaurant would be right there as you get off the ride, and most of it is cordoned off from the Old-West stylings of Frontierland.

Not to scale, of course, but you get the idea:

View attachment 493098

Forgive me for wandering into some serious Armchair Imagineering territory!
Look, this is nice and all but...could you move it over to New Fantasyland which people consider underwhelming and that way Tiana won’t be separated from the rest of the princesses?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I am / was. I found it a few weeks ago dirty , drab and honestly boring. Sometimes things just need to change.
You lost me at boring. I’m okay with the redo as long as it’s good. But the ride in its current form is definitely not boring. It is one of the all time best storytelling achievements ever created by Disney.

What makes you think a ride themed to PatF in a SWAMP is going to look any cleaner? Also, you described it as “drab” which means dull.

Im actually convinced that you’ve either 1). Never ridden the ride 2). You’re here to troll 3). You just want to be quirky.

All respect is shot out the window. It’s okay to be like “I personally don’t like A B and C about this ride.” It’s okay to say you’re looking forward to the change. But saying “it’s boring” to a ride that constantly builds up suspense, have a thrilling drop, and dozens and dozens of animatronics & details every second on the ride? That’s just a completely ignorant statement and literally makes you lose all credibility for any future argument.

Adieu.

yensidtlaw1969

Look, this is nice and all but...could you move it over to New Fantasyland which people consider underwhelming and that way Tiana won’t be separated from the rest of the princesses?
Well . . . um . . . #NailedIt? 😜

New Fantasyland PATF.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom