News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Touchdown

The Mouse does not let anything sneak into the public domain. I doubt that will stop being true for Song of the South.

There is an incredibly high bar that has been set to keep your works out of the public domain once 104 years has passed. You have to prove said work is inextricably linked to your company. Disney is going to win the first of these tests as the Fab 5 meet that standard. “When you Wish Upon a Star” is probably going to stay out as well. Zip was always going to be a hard sell, but if Disney abandons the song for 30 years there is no way they win that battle.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Disney will eventually suppress it everywhere. It's a thing announced. No one should be surprised. Disney's doing what it said it will do.

One is free to not like it.

One cannot think it won't happen. Just like the movie, Song of the South, was permanently pulled; everything associated with it is being pulled, too: attractions and music and film.*

*Except maybe in Tokyo who may have perpetual usage rights and they determine to keep it.
1598439843972.png

yensidtlaw1969

I took a minute recently and got creative sketching out how I thought Frontierland could be modified to bring some New Orleans flavor into the mix without messing with the main drag. This is roughly what I was picturing in my post early in this thread about pushing out the area beyond the Railroad Tracks and retheming the existing buildings to look like New Orleans, essentially building a Mini Land that is largely separate from the existing Frontierland (though of course the new look of the Mountain will intrude somewhat).

The transition happens as you move under the Train Station, the outdoor queue for Splash/PATF winds through a "park" in "New Orleans" with streetlamps throughout, jazz floating through the air, and appropriate-looking buildings on every side. Move the current Restrooms at the Splash Exit and build Tiana's Palace as a table service Restaurant in that area, with a window next door serving hot Beignets for maximum effect. That way you get a whole New Orleans mini-land out of the deal, Tiana's Restaurant would be right there as you get off the ride, and most of it is cordoned off from the Old-West stylings of Frontierland.

Not to scale, of course, but you get the idea:

Princess and the Frog Splash Mountain Walt Disney World  Concept Art - Tiana's Palace Restaur...jpeg

Forgive me for wandering into some serious Armchair Imagineering territory!

Last edited:

Bocabear

I took a minute recently and got creative sketching out how I thought Frontierland could be modified to bring some New Orleans flavor into the mix without messing with the main drag. This is roughly what I was picturing in my post early in this thread about pushing out the area beyond the Railroad Tracks and retheming the existing buildings to look like New Orleans, essentially building a Mini Land that is largely separate from the existing Frontierland (though of course the new look of the Mountain will intrude somewhat).

The transition happens as you move under the Train Station, the outdoor queue for Splash/PATF winds through a "park" in "New Orleans" with streetlamps throughout, jazz floating through the air, and appropriate-looking buildings on every side. Move the current Restrooms at the Splash Exit and build Tiana's Palace as a table service Restaurant in that area, with a window next door serving hot Beignets for maximum effect. That way you get a whole New Orleans mini-land out of the deal, Tiana's Restaurant would be right there as you get off the ride, and most of it is cordoned off from the Old-West stylings of Frontierland.

View attachment 493098

That is the perfect solution actually...and a great idea... The restaurant NEEDS to happen...if nothing more than to expand the dining options on that side of the park...Would love to have an alternative to Pecos Bill's.

_caleb

That is the perfect solution actually...and a great idea... The restaurant NEEDS to happen...if nothing more than to expand the dining options on that side of the park...Would love to have an alternative to Pecos Bill's.
I agree. @yensidtlaw1969 ‘s idea would essentially be creating a new little mini land (similar to Disneyland’s Critter Country) out behind Frontierland. Almost a stand-alone New Orleans courtyard. I’m all for it!

Unfortunately, I’m not sure they’ll spend enough to do this. I’m also not sure MK is serious about doing DL-type thematic transitions, which this would require. MK tends instead to use “spacing things apart” as a transition method.

lilypgirl

Huge Splash fan but after our recent trip I am glad for the redo. It honestly looks like a low budget Six Flags ride now. I honestly hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Touchdown

Also, any resturant back there is going to be difficult to place unseen. The parade shed and show building are behind the mountain, it would have to go to the BTMRR side. That would require a new berm to hide the building from BTMRR (assuming theming is sill important 🙄)

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

Hall of presidents in EPCOT?
American Adventure and Hall of Presidents are the same show...I guess not but that's what I thought and neither seem compelling and I'm a history buff. I HAVE seen American Adventure.

Confusing the American Adventure show with Hall of Presidents show.

Both have a giant movie about the history of the country. Both have AAs.

Most importantly, both have A/C.
Bingo...but again, the A/C wasn't enough to entice me in over 10 trips.

Last edited:

_caleb

Please tell me how Brer Rabbit existing is somehow more offensive than the jokes made about Raj's skin color on The Big Bang Theory.

Seriously, there's one episode where he says, "I'm not dark chocolate... I'm melt-in-your-mouth caramel!"

How is that not racist?
Oops! This thread is about the attraction. For rhetorical questions about what makes it racist, please try the Splash Mountain re-theme announced thread in the Politics and Social Issues boards.

Parker in NYC

View attachment 493098

However folks think of your ideas, this artwork is gorgeous. Frankly, I love where you're coming from.

owlsandcoffee

Uh... have you been on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad lately?

Oh dear, dumb dumb dumb.

I will say though, after considering that...Big Thunder is after a canon flash flood that washed away the Railroad town. Wouldn't it be cool to experience the flash flood? I kinda stand by my original point. Yes the gold rush is part of Big Thunder's story, but not the actual searching for gold.

mary2013

Oh dear, dumb dumb dumb.

I will say though, after considering that...Big Thunder is after a canon flash flood that washed away the Railroad town. Wouldn't it be cool to experience the flash flood? I kinda stand by my original point. Yes the gold rush is part of Big Thunder's story, but not the actual searching for gold.
Whatever happened to the plans to make a movie about Big Thunder Mountain's back story? 🤔

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The removal of the song from Downtown Disney’s background music is part of a continuous process to deliver an environment that features stories that are relevant and inclusive, Disneyland officials said."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom