Movies That Don't Get Any Love

britdaw

Original Poster
I was watching "Home on The Range" today with my son, and my daughter and I started lamenting the Disney movies that don't get any/enough love in the parks. I've always thought "Home on The Range" would have been a perfect addition to Frontierland, and I would LOVE to see some "Meet The Robinsons" love in Tomorrowland or EPCOT. My daughter always get ed that there's not enough "Hunchback of Notre Dame" and Tarzan representation in the parks, too.

What are some of your favorite Disney movies that you'd love to see represented somewhere in the parks?

dmw

In the Parks
No
I was watching "Home on The Range" today with my son, and my daughter and I started lamenting the Disney movies that don't get any/enough love in the parks. I've always thought "Home on The Range" would have been a perfect addition to Frontierland, and I would LOVE to see some "Meet The Robinsons" love in Tomorrowland or EPCOT. My daughter always get ****ed that there's not enough "Hunchback of Notre Dame" and Tarzan representation in the parks, too.

What are some of your favorite Disney movies that you'd love to see represented somewhere in the parks?
AK used to have the Tarzan Rocks show that I really liked. MK used to have the Davy Crockett Canoes, Mr Toad's Wild Ride and 20k Leagues. HS used to have HISK and Dalmations (in the backlot tour). Those movies have no more representation. :cry:
Why no Herbie, even after so many movies?
I guess it would be very difficult to get the excitement up for new rides/shows based on old movies.

JIMINYCR

I agree there are so many phenomenal movies featuring fabulous characters and plots that are deserving of a spot in WDW but thats the problem... there are so many. Disney couldnt fit them all in. But theres no reason there couldnt be some kind of minor placements of character recognition snuck in somewhere along the vast property.
My favs would be Robin Hood, Great Mouse Detective, 101 Dalmations, Jungle Book, Davy Crockett, Zorro, Sword in the Stone, The Incredibles and so many more that I could go on and on. See soooo many.

Heppenheimer

Pretty much if a movies doesn't do well, you'll never see it beyond some temporary meet-and-greets in the parks. I don't know when either Disney World or Disneyland closed their petting zoos, but I imagined if they still existed at the time Home on the Range came out, they could have added a quick lay-over. Maybe something like that would have fitted on Listen to the Land also.

As far as I know, the only mention of the Hunchback of Notre Dame was an exhibit about the cathedral in the waiting area for Impressions de France.

Herbie made a brief appearance during the Hollywood Studios backlot tour.

Disneyland has a Sword in the Stone in Fantasyland, Tarzan's treehouse (a re-theme of the Swiss Family Treehouse) as well as the Incredicoaster (one of the cheapest re-themes they've ever done).

I don't think there was ever a Robin Hood attraction, but the characters made very frequent appearances until probably sometime in the 80s.

My favorite underrated Disney movie is easily The Emperor's New Groove. If they ever decide to add a South American section to Animal Kingdom, this might be a good place to reference the film. An actual stand-alone attraction, though, is probably not in the cards.

Worldlover71

For those looking for Herbie, there is a whole section at All Star Movies dedicated to The Love Bug. You can even get a picture with him. He also used to be part of Lights! Motor! Action! and before that, the Backlot Studio Tour.

chrisbarry

Someone else mentioned Emperor's New Groove - would love to see that in an attraction or area of a park somehow. Hunchback is in Happily Ever After.
We were meeting Robin Hood, the Sheriff and Prince John in the Magic Kingdom pretty regularly '03-'05.(guesstimate)

Something Atlantis would be very cool!

Disney4allseasons

Would love something themed to the rescuers. Am really excited about princess and the frog splash mountain but would have been great if they‘d done the rescuers in the bayou. I’d love something for basil the great mouse detective I’m a Brit so it definitely needs to be added to Epcot. I don’t mind Disney added new attractions for properties like Frozen or the new Star Wars but a lot of the lesser known animated classics is where my heart is.

mf1972

5EF8E684-ADAC-4570-AB34-6760A11A468B.jpeg

a black hole dark ride in tomorrowland

Yert3

Black Cauldron. It bombed HARD at the box office which is why, and I’m not exactly fond of it at all. Feels more like an early Bluth movie than a Disney movie. but I’m surprised they haven’t tried to revive it at some point. It’s been 35 years, times change. Maybe audiences today would like it. Who knows. I’m just surprised it got representation anywhere, like with the awesome Horned King AA in Tokyo.

at 4:25

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom