Perrey and Kingsley are going be getting some fresh royalty checks next year..

aladdin2007

The Spectromen needed a few costume changes to make them less creepy, but overall a great concept. IMHO, they help bring the parade to life and give it a certain energy.

I loved their sound effects and zoooommmm zooommmmm zoooomm, that parade brought pure nighttime sparkle to the park, something it has totally lacked since its demise.

PaisleyMF

We did. Fantillusion.
Just saw Fantillusion for the first time and damn, looks older than MSEP.

with that said. I did find creepy the Spectromen but with technology like OLED that can take any form and can be curved. Making their faces morph could be fun.

Projection may be a bit tricky but doable. Just the possibilities of a Spectro 2.0

brb1006

They actually removed something Frozen-related from the parks? Wow. I'm legitimately surprised.

That "On This Magic Night" song was great. The only thing I didn't like about SpectroMagic were those creepy Spectromen guys. I could do without seeing THEM again...
Like them or not, there were actually my favorite characters of the parade. At least Disney decided to redesig the Spectromen sometime in 2007 and later gave them more lighting making their faces more visible.

SteamboatJoe

Wouldn't this imply Disney would have to spend a substantial amount of money for a parade that would wait until the pandemic is over for it to debut?

I highly doubt this would happen unless they have a nighttime parade sitting in WDW Storage. DL may need PTN when they reopen to get guests back (if and when they can have nighttime spectaculars again)

Probably but that is not impossible. Maybe D'Amaro had been working the concept while at WDW and found a way to get it done once he got promoted. I could see Chapek not getting as involved in parks. Doesn't seem like he ever really liked that role. Or maybe he told Josh, here is your parks capital budget, do with it what you will, just be sure to hit your numbers.

brb1006

Just saw Fantillusion for the first time and damn, looks older than MSEP.

with that said. I did find creepy the Spectromen but with technology like OLED that can take any form and can be curved. Making their faces morph could be fun.

Projection may be a bit tricky but doable. Just the possibilities of a Spectro 2.0
Fantillusion doesn't look that old, if anything it's bascially a parade version of Fantasmic (helps that the same people who worked on the parade also worked on Fantasmic).

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Wouldn't this imply Disney would have to spend a substantial amount of money for a parade that would wait until the pandemic is over for it to debut?

I highly doubt this would happen unless they have a nighttime parade sitting in WDW Storage. DL may need PTN when they reopen to get guests back (if and when they can have nighttime spectaculars again)

That is kind of the idea. Start working on getting something together now to have something newish for next year. These things take time, they are not overnight. Putting something together using what you already have, with a refurb of course, is substantially cheaper than building something new from scratch, which was the original plan.

There are also more things stored in warehouses around the Orlando area than you probably realize.

SteamboatJoe

That is kind of the idea. Start working on getting something together now to have something newish for next year. These things take time, they are not overnight. Putting something together using what you already have, with a refurb of course, is substantially cheaper than building something new from scratch, which was the original plan.

There are also more things stored in warehouses around the Orlando area than you probably realize.
It would be incredibly short sighted and poor business management to not prep for the future due to present conditions. If anyone knows how to get creative with money, it is Disney.

brb1006

Did they ever scrap Mickeys Jamming Jungle and Pixar Parade from DAK and DHS?

What happened to the frozen float from a Frozen Summer?
Mickey's Jamming Jungle Parade has been long gone after it's final performance in 2014. As seen in this video, you can tell this is the final showing since the parade is more energetic and interactive than usual. Heck the parade actually did a couple stops throughout the parade route as a result.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Mickey's Jamming Jungle Parade has been long gone after it's final performance in 2014. As seen in this video, you can tell this is the final showing since the parade is more energetic and interactive than usual. Heck the parade actually did a couple stops throughout the parade route as a result.

Right, I remember it leaving during the cuts. They cut all parades to get FoF!

I wonder if some of the units are still being stored somewhere. (Including the other parades)

SteamboatJoe

They actually removed something Frozen-related from the parks? Wow. I'm legitimately surprised.

That "On This Magic Night" song was great. The only thing I didn't like about SpectroMagic were those creepy Spectromen guys. I could do without seeing THEM again...

From what I recall Frozen was removed for 2 reasons:

1. The float was too tall to clear overhead red car trolley lines in DCA.

2. PtN went to DCA for the Pixar Fest summer celebration DLR had in 2018. They likely wanted another Pixar float in the parade to play off the festival. Incredibles was probaby chosen because it was/is the IP used in the (poor) overlay of the California Screamin' roller coaster.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From what recall Frozen was removed for 2 reasons:

1. The float was too tall to clear overhead red car trolley lines in DCA.

2. PtN went to DCA for the Pixar Fest summer celebration DLR had in 2018. They likely wanted another Pixar float in the parade to play off the festival. Incredibles was probaby chosen because it was/is the IP used in the (poor) overlay of the California Screamin' roller coaster.

When are we going to see 20th Century floats?!

brb1006

This would be the perfect opportunity to kill the temporarily unavailable Move It! street party so many here loathe and re-purpose those floats.
I miss the days when Movie it! Shake It! didn't exist. Because I remember the only thing rolling down Main Street besides Horse Carriage was the afternoon parade. If I remember correctly, Movie It! Shake It! was suppose to be a temporary thing for a promotional event.

SteamboatJoe

I miss the days when Movie it! Shake It! didn't exist. Because I remember the only thing rolling down Main Street besides Horse Carriage was the afternoon parade. If I remember correctly, Movie It! Shake It! was suppose to be a temporary thing for a promotional event.

Being a huge Main Street vehicles fan, I totally get that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom