• Main Street, U.S.A. (Nighttime)

Votes: 45 36.3%
  • Adventureland (Daytime)

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Adventureland (Nighttime)

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Frontierland/Liberty Square (Daytime)

Votes: 29 23.4%
  • Frontierland/Liberty Square (Nighttime)

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • Fantasyland (Daytime)

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Fantasyland (Nighttime)

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Tomorrowland (Daytime)

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Tomorrowland (Nighttime)

Votes: 57 46.0%

• Total voters

DisneyNittany

Original Poster
As everyone knows, the parks take on a new life after the sun goes down. However, it is my belief that some parks and some lands play better in the daylight, while others shine in the night.

You're allowed up to 3 selections

*Poll would only allow 10 selections, so I apologize for grouping Liberty Square and Frontierland together.

Last edited:

JustAFan

I was just thinking about a poll like this! For me, it's not even close. I only voted for one. I love Frontierland in the day and night. I love Main Street U.S.A. at night. A lot of cool things at MK, but Tomorrowland at night is one of my favorite things in all of Disney World.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Tomorrowland nighttime used to be the logical answer... Nowadays with the new paint scheme going on, definitely not so much.

I'm going for Fantasyland at night, specifically right before park closing. It is so nice to be in that land at night, with no screaming kids, virtually empty, and a little cool.

DisneyNittany

Original Poster
Full transparency: I voted Main Street (night), Tommorowland (night), and Adventureland (day). I’d agree that the park is best after the sun goes down, and while I love how dark it gets in Frontierland and Adventureland at night, there’s just something about Adventureland first thing in the morning. Maybe because that’s the direction we always head? Maybe because, like Animal Kingdom, it feels more authentic and jungle like first thing in the morning?

I think the only one I could do without is Tomorrowland during the day. It’s a completely different land at night.

Pepper's Ghost

Got to say I'm a fan of the nighttime. My picks.... Tomorrowland, Frontierland/ Liberty Square, Main Street USA at night. The way the park changes as the sun goes down and the lights come on, the different way the park feels and presents itself makes it seem as an entirely different park.
My picks identically. Couldn't agree more. Nothing beats Liberty Square at night. It feels like being transported through time.

Heppenheimer

Adventureland during the day because it has marginally more shade than most of the remainder of the park.

Close call between Frontierland/Main Street/ Adventureland/Liberty Square at night because the lower lighting really sells the immersion so much better. But ultimately, I gave Main Street the vote because there simply is no place on earth more cozy and inviting after the sun goes down. And the look has become so iconic that everytime I see old buildings lined with strings of lights, I instantly think of Main Street USA.

13*Minute*Wait

My 2 votes are in the minority, but I love Fantasyland at night. From Tangled's bathrooms to Storybook Circus, I really like the lighting of the land throughout. Plus, its nice to watch the fireworks from Gaston's or Storybook.

I also really like Main Street at night, but it reminds me of leaving the park, so I chose Mainstreet daytime. Walking into the park in the morning and seeing the castle as we walk down Main Street always puts me in a great mood and happy with anticipation of what the day will bring.

DisneyNittany

Original Poster
My 2 votes are in the minority, but I love Fantasyland at night. From Tangled's bathrooms to Storybook Circus, I really like the lighting of the land throughout. Plus, its nice to watch the fireworks from Gaston's or Storybook.

I also really like Main Street at night, but it reminds me of leaving the park, so I chose Mainstreet daytime. Walking into the park in the morning and seeing the castle as we walk down Main Street always puts me in a great mood and happy with anticipation of what the day will bring.

As a 30 year old without kids (one on the way though!), my wife and I didn’t spend too much time in Fantasyland. However, I agree that there’s something about it at night too. We’d always try to time it up, so that we could walk through it, while nearly empty, at the end of the night (go from Tomorrowland around to Adventureland, until we had a CM tell us to head to the hub).

Again, not my favorite, but there is something about the Mad Tea Party area at night that for some reason screams “Disney”.

Pepper's Ghost

Walking into Liberty Square and seeing the Liberty tree lit up in lanterns, the riverboat lit up... makes me feel like I'm in the period.
EXACTLY! It's such an unbelievable feeling. I'm all about the atmosphere and mood, and Liberty Square transports me to a different place. I'm also a fan of all things spooky, so after walking through LS and approaching the Haunted Mansion is just chilling! LOVE IT! 😁 No surprise too that my favorite fast food restaurant in WDW is Columbia Harbour House. It's another place that's all about fantastic atmosphere. Food might be the same or similar to Cosmic Ray's, but CHH is just so much better from an atmosphere standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom