Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

Jrb1979

No different than Disney Springs in the World of Disney area, especially on a weekend lol. Very little social distancing going on there. At least with exiting Fant guests would be moving in one direction and they could have CMs lined up making sure everyone is spacing themselves out.

If things continue on the right path, maybe we could see something happen in November of December? Unless Disney’s idea of feeling “comfortable and safe” is when there’s a vaccine, then we definitely will be waiting many many more months for entertainment.
While its good to have hope it's highly doubtful that evening shows will make a return by then. At this point it has more to do with cost and money then Covid-19. Till people start filling resorts I don't see much coming back.

techgeek

I’ve heard that suggested (I also heard it suggested for RoL, and look at what happened there haha). The issue isn’t getting people in and getting people spaced; the issue is getting people out without causing a crowd. (And, even reduced cap studios is expected to have a demand for Fant! That would exceed supply).

F! could be a consolation prize for those that can't secure RotR boarding groups.

Not that anyone wants to sit around for 15-20 minutes after a show ends, but I would think they could solve some of the exit issues by simply directing people to remain in their seats and dismissing one section at a time. Of course, you'd probably need about 5x the normal numbers of F! crowd control cast to manage it all.

TTA94

Original Poster
F! could be a consolation prize for those that can't secure RotR boarding groups.

Not that anyone wants to sit around for 15-20 minutes after a show ends, but I would think they could solve some of the exit issues by simply directing people to remain in their seats and dismissing one section at a time. Of course, you'd probably need about 5x the normal numbers of F! crowd control cast to manage it all.

I believe there Is ways they could do nighttime shows, IF they wanted to. Shanghai has started their fireworks with no vaccine Plus just increased capacity. My personal opinion for WDW is it’s more of a budget cut than anything else.

I guess we will see what the coming months bring.

Last edited:

CJR

In November, it'll be dark around 5:30pm, so technically they could keep the hours the same as September or October and three out of the four parks could still do something at night.

EDIT: We should have an idea for MK in about a month, since Dream Lights install soon. Seems unlikely they would spend the time and money (especially during a time when money is tight) to install them if there was no plans to use them in some capacity.

Last edited:

robhedin

All of that aside, I doubt there will be any nighttime entertainment like fireworks until after people start flying in again. I doubt that will happen before October/November and I wouldn't be surprised if things were largely as it is now until 1st Quarter 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

gerarar

Premium Member
Did someone report this on these boards? Brayden seemed to borrow a lot of information from here.
I don’t think so. Personally, I think and believe he does have inside sources. He was sorta right on the castle repaint when he stated it would get a pink gold treatment, as well an interim show after RoE and before Harmonious. He has other things that he got right as well, but it’s up in the air.

TrojanUSC

I don’t think so. Personally, I think and believe he does have inside sources. He was sorta right on the castle repaint when he stated it would get a pink gold treatment, as well an interim show after RoE and before Harmonious. He has other things that he got right as well, but it’s up in the air.

He definitely got the interim show news from @marni1971. Kid's ego is a 12 though.

legwand77

No different than Disney Springs in the World of Disney area, especially on a weekend lol. Very little social distancing going on there. At least with exiting Fant guests would be moving in one direction and they could have CMs lined up making sure everyone is spacing themselves out.

If things continue on the right path, maybe we could see something happen in November of December? Unless Disney’s idea of feeling “comfortable and safe” is when there’s a vaccine, then we definitely will be waiting many many more months for entertainment.
I am thinking by the end of october, probably when dst ends

Last edited:

legwand77

that is what they do at other parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom