Perrey and Kingsley are going be getting some fresh royalty checks next year..

Touchdown

Also as for no floats looking good in front of the castle, The Tink & Drum Float, Slinky, and Mickey Floats would look great.

I don’t have it on this phone but somewhere I have a great shot from the peak of Town Square of Slinky head on during the 60th that looks fantastic.

brb1006

Idk bringing PTN to WDW sounds fantastic to me. I mean we’re definitely not getting anything new, and PTN is a solid parade. When can I see it again?
Still against bringing the parade to WDW. Don't want to see the parade move on the same street as Spectromagic once did. If anything, WDW deserves it's own special parade.

brb1006

1. I’m really glad some parade is happening.

2. Unlike others, I really like PTN, it’s a fantastic parade.

3. The energy it gives the crowd, is infectious; it’s a “Disney Rave” in the best way.

4. It does not at all fit the Magic Kingdom which has always presented itself as regal and bordering on pretentious (it’s longest running light parade was a waltz.). However, personally I think PTN is a much better option then MSEP.

How are they going to modify Mack, or are they going to replace him?
But I liked the Waltz for Spectromagic (there's a reason it was referred as the anti-MSEP by people who made it). It made nighttime at the park feel more special and charming. Helps that Jiminy Cricket used to host this parade and Wishes for a while.

brb1006

Would love if they gave the Spectomen their balls back and created a grand finale float similar to Specto with some other properties to hold Minnie, Donald, Goofy and a bunch of others before closing with Mickey’s float as a tribute to Spectro and give PTN a better finale.
The Spectromen deserve to return if Disney actually creates successor the Spectromagic.

Touchdown

But I liked the Waltz for Spectromagic (there's a reason it was referred as the anti-MSEP by people who made it). It made nighttime at the park feel more special and charming. Helps that Jiminy Cricket used to host this parade and Wishes for a while.

I did too! It’s not a critique, just a demonstration of why PTN isn’t the best fit.

brb1006

From the multiple comments I’ve seen in various threads, it’s definitely snotty. It’s fine to prefer other things, but that doesn’t make MSEP or PTN trash. I’m really tired of seeing people be so negative. SpectroMagic was destroyed (thanks to Disney not taking care of the floats) and Tokyo generally gets the best of everything. Yeah, it stinks, but it doesn’t make other parades worthless. I’d rather see something than nothing at all. Is it fair that that’s the question being posed? Obviously not. Again, it’s 2020, we’re here now and it is what it is.

Exactly my point. It’s been too long, and expecting a new parade at this point under current circumstances is just unrealistic.

If we’re being literal, the odds are 50/50 - TWDC either will or will not do it. But here’s the thing. Disney is having a hard time reaching the limited capacity numbers now after declaring pre-reopening that WDW had “pent up demand.” The crowds aren’t coming the way they expected. People are scared or unable to travel and it’s going to take a long time for the travel/leisure industry to recover - analysts estimate 5 whole years. As we’ve seen from WDI in recent history, it’s easier and cheaper for them to do a slight “refresh” for an area or attraction and then market it as something new and exciting to entice visitors. It’s easier for them to ship a mothballed (and not that old) parade and market it as something grand for WDW’s 50th, and not that expensive to perhaps change out a section or two. The 50th has a budget, however limited it may be.

Heaven knows they’ve saved some money on entertainment recently.
There's a good reason why a lot of use are like this. From what I heard, MSEP was originally going to run for the Summer of 2010 then leave. Meanwhile, Spectromagic was planned to get some sort of update after MSEP finishes it's run. But since Disney decided to keep the parade running much longer. They decided to leave Spectro to rot.

Parker in NYC

I just hate how the lines for SDMT, BTMRR, Splash, Space and Pirates spill out onto the midways, it really makes moving around the park more difficult I wish they would just close those attractions, it would make things so much easier.

That’s what you sound like to the rest of us who enjoy the shows.

I've said this often in the last few months but ever since COVID, I never realized how many folks on the boards don't care about shows, parades, fireworks, meet and greets, restaurants, and resort hotels. Hell, even the Electrical Water Pageant can't catch a break. When it was suspended and/or killed, folks cheered!

Touchdown

I've said this often in the last few months but ever since COVID, I never realized how many folks on the boards don't care about shows, parades, fireworks, meet and greets, restaurants, and resort hotels. Hell, even the Electrical Water Pageant can't catch a break. When it was suspended and/or killed, folks cheered!

Don’t worry, they are just a vocal minority, if they weren’t then the crowds for the shows wouldn’t be so big nor would Disney continue to do them.

gljvd

I’m going to agree with you and add something on as well: make Fireworks special event only
I could get down with that. Or maybe have it a rotating thing where a single park does fire works / show while the other parks don't have it. Or maybe 2 parks are firework free for that night and the other two put them on and they alternate ?

don't hate. The attendance pre covid was just to high to push parades down 50 year old park designs. Maybe if they developed that back ally into something like a restaurant row or add another ride behind or off to the side of Tony's and have traffic be able to flow down that way all day it would be better

Also until the covid scare goes away i doubt they will be running parades and might not even run them for a long time after due to lingering fears. People used to be packed like sardines

SteamboatJoe

Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party

Not one of my personal favorites but I fail to see how it was so much worse than some of the other stuff that has been done. The 20th Anniversary parade wasn't exactly high art either. Fun and entertaining but far from being a spectacle of sophistication and grandeur; big inflatables dressed in Mardi Gras gear and everybody partying.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom