The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

If it's 130 degrees in Death Valley, why in the world would you wear pants.
I give a lot of thanks to our men and women in the military. They fought in full battle gear in 120-130 degree summertime temps in Iraq during the Gulf War.

MySmallWorldof4

If it's 130 degrees in Death Valley, why in the world would you wear LONG pants.
Fixed it for you. I would hope someone would always wear pants in public. :hilarious:
I went to Death Valley with my parents in '88. A really interesting place.

John park hopper

Are they sure she left the water running? Maybe a broken pipe?
Travis (son) said they cut the water off to the house initially, turned it back on and no leaks, wish it was a broken pipe. House was built in 1990 (they bought the house 4 years ago) it just never crossed their minds (never noticed it not having an overflow) that bathroom sinks may not have an overflow. I wonder if that would have a bearing on insurance coverage or not ?

Tuvalu

Speaking of kids' shows, when I was little, there was a local TV show hosted by a clown, and the kids all thought he was a riot. Anyway, one of my brothers was in Cub Scouts, and the mothers of the boys decided it would be fun for the troop to attend a show. (Each show had about 30 kids who got to sit on perimeter stage benches, and be on camera for the show.)

So, the mothers got tickets for the boys, and drove them (about 16 boys) to the studio. I also went along for the ride, because I was too young to stay at home by myself (I was about 4 at that time). My mother told me that only the boys could go on the show, and that I'd stay with her and the mothers, behind the scenes.

Before the show started, the producer called up the Cub Scout troop to go and sit on the benches. My mother watched me (in horror ... :hilarious: ) literally crawl on the floor between the producer's outstretched legs, and then BOLT toward the benches and sit with the boys!!! :p (Then the show started, and no one pulled me out of there.) :joyfull:

Oh, and we all got swag bags after the show, on the way out! (Candy, little coloring books, crayons, etc.) :happy:
You were on Bozo?!!!!

😍 🤡

Rista1313

Speaking of kids' shows, when I was little, there was a local TV show hosted by a clown, and the kids all thought he was a riot. Anyway, one of my brothers was in Cub Scouts, and the mothers of the boys decided it would be fun for the troop to attend a show. (Each show had about 30 kids who got to sit on perimeter stage benches, and be on camera for the show.)

So, the mothers got tickets for the boys, and drove them (about 16 boys) to the studio. I also went along for the ride, because I was too young to stay at home by myself (I was about 4 at that time). My mother told me that only the boys could go on the show, and that I'd stay with her and the mothers, behind the scenes.

Before the show started, the producer called up the Cub Scout troop to go and sit on the benches. My mother watched me (in horror ... :hilarious: ) literally crawl on the floor between the producer's outstretched legs, and then BOLT toward the benches and sit with the boys!!! :p (Then the show started, and no one pulled me out of there.) :joyfull:

Oh, and we all got swag bags after the show, on the way out! (Candy, little coloring books, crayons, etc.) :happy:
Sounds a lot like the Bozo show!

MouseDreaming

Since we are talking about kid shows, I used to love Romper Room. But she never saw me in her magic mirror. I never missed it though, because I just knew she would see me that day. I remember being reminded to "Send your pictures, to dear old Captain Noah! Send right away, please don't delay!". I remember in 2nd grade, if we were really good, the teacher would plug in an old antennae tv, and we would get to watch Electric Company. Hey you guys! Zoom was great to watch after school. And Mr. Rodgers was for watching with my grandma.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom