Help me prepare for my first deluxe stay.

nickys

Premium Member
One of the recent episodes of the Radio Harambe podcast actually has a great "touring plan" of the Animal Kingdom Lodge where they tell you about all the things you can and should do - I recommend it!
Normally that’s a great idea. Not so much use now since none of those activities are running. All you could do would be to look at the art.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Update
We are back, and I believe we are spoiled now... Full kitchen.... Dishwasher and most importantly Washer and dryer in my room... These were all Lifesavers... My mind is blown. Now I'm not sure we will be able to go without said items... Caught my wife watching the DVC channel on the tv too...

nickys

Premium Member
Update
We are back, and I believe we are spoiled now... Full kitchen.... Dishwasher and most importantly Washer and dryer in my room... These were all Lifesavers... My mind is blown. Now I'm not sure we will be able to go without said items... Caught my wife watching the DVC channel on the tv too...
Glad you had a good time. Were your nieces &/or nephews impressed? I hope you got to see the giraffes.

Just a Spark!

Update
Great news! That’s how they get you!!! 🤣. We’ve been going to Disney for the last 15 years. Our first visits were at All-Star Movies. Through Disney Magic, we were upgraded at check-in, the CM at the desk called a shuttle, and we were swept away to AK. We were DVC Members (Poly) soon after!!! The best part for me is ordering in groceries, preparing breakfast, and boasting to the family how much we saved by not buying a Disney meal 😂!

MickeyLuv'r

Have you had the bread service before?
Yes.
For me...well...locally we have a number of excellent Indian restaurants, so the bread service isn't far off from what we can obtain locally. I'm a big fan of tamarind chutney and green mint/cilantro chutney. To me the tomato chutney's a little like fancy ketchup. Cucumber raita is roughly similar to versions of tzatziki I also often eat locally. (tzatziki is often made with thicker Greek style yogurt, but not always.) and hummus is something I buy at the grocery store every week. So for me, well...I confess, the bread service is good, but pretty standard fare for me.

Funny thing is, whenever we return from WDW, for some odd reason we almost always get takeout from our local kebab place, and bread with tzatziki comes standard with every order there. (Hummus is also an option.) No real reason we developed a habit of going there, except maybe that they're open late.

I'm also spoiled because a local store used to have $.99 samosas every weekend, that were plump, hot, and perfectly crispy! Oh, they were sooo good, and only .$99, so that totally spoiled me! Paying $9 for two samosas feels criminal to me. One time, I did get them at Epcot's F&W Festival, but we just kinda laughed at the size/price.

I do like Sanaa, but I'd say more for the atmosphere. Dining there also always makes us appreciative of our local options. Boy, I could go for a samosa!

MickeyLuv'r

Update
Ah, I posted late! (I really need to pay more attention to original posting dates.)

Glad you had a great trip!

I love AKL!

We also like having a real fridge, and extra space, but not so much doing laundry/cooking at WDW. If we were going now though, we'd opt for a full kitchen.

If you like the bigger space, and can ever pull it off, the WDW treehouses are lots of fun! They are big, so maybe in the after time...if you go to WDW with friends or family.... The theming is great fun, and we really loved the layout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom