News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

_caleb

I did. It sucked more than anything that has ever sucked before.
The Rocket Rods were an example of why too many restrictions can make Imagineering nearly impossible. The question of what to do with the PeopleMover tracks wasn’t too difficult. But with limited budget and limited time, along with the expectation to use the tracks with no upgrades), resulted in what we got: a LONG and cheap queue for a low-capacity ride that broke down all the time, blew through tires, broke the PeopleMover tracks, and disappointed guests.

There is NO way Disney will ever build another Rocket Rods attraction.

FettFan

Disney: “We’re replacing Splash with Princess and the Frog in commitment to remove offensive stereotypes!”

Also Disney:
07ae2c5b0b2da809f6d7033fdb79cb05.jpg

Cajuns and Creoles living in Acadiana:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

RSoxNo1

I have no idea what a Monte Cristo is, but I'm sure you can already get a better tasting and less expensive one off property. ;)
Nope.

And the ones at Cafe Orleans are really good. It’s one of my few must have TS meals at DL.
Exactly. They're certainly not common on menus and when I do see them they're not even 10% as good as the 3 cheese version at Cafe Orleans. They're also $21 and it's very filling.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The Rocket Rods were an example of why too many restrictions can make Imagineering nearly impossible. The question of what to do with the PeopleMover tracks wasn’t too difficult. But with limited budget and limited time, along with the expectation to use the tracks with no upgrades), resulted in what we got: a LONG and cheap queue for a low-capacity ride that broke down all the time, blew through tires, broke the PeopleMover tracks, and disappointed guests.

There is NO way Disney will ever build another Rocket Rods attraction.
Maybe they feel they can perfect it this time like Doc Ock's plan in Spider-Man 2.

tanc

I found this statue in front of the castle. Wonder if it will be removed.

Attachments

• 20200813_122719.jpg
    20200813_122719.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 125

_caleb

Surprised we haven’t had any leaks re: the Splash retheme. Surely WDI is hard at work on this. Seems like they’d want to keep people talking about this, and a “leak” of drawings or “ideas being floated” would be just the ticket.

owlsandcoffee

Except none of the song alludes to anything frontierish in that manner.

Here's the intro:

Howdy folks! Welcome to the one and only, original, Country Bear Jamboree — featuring a bit of Americana, our musical heritage of the past

But there aren't any songs from the past. No songs about wagon trains or railroads or the wild frontier. Instead, gems like this...
One night, I left the wife at home,
And I went out with the boys.
I was acting like a Don Juan,
And making a lot of noise.
ZEKE​
Tell ’em, lover boy!​
ERNEST​
A go-go girl caught my hand,
I said, “I can’t. I’m a married man.”
She said “If you ain’t gonna steal,
You better not prowl.”

Go-go dancer? That's a 19th century turn of phrase?

The problem with MK's Frontierland is that it confuses "Southern" with "Frontier."

I mean in reality, the CBJ is a country-western show, in the 50s western tradition. That's what they mean by "music of the past": Music that was popular 20 years before the ride opened. It's more Tiki Room than Big Thunder. But at the same time, it is western. More Gunsmoke than Lewis and Clark.

If Frontierland was just "Westernland" there'd probably be more that could be done with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom