WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I had originally posted it went down to $240, which was insignificant compared to the previous $241. But, that was a typo.

It's down to $204/night (for the first week in December). That's significant.

That's without parking and resort fee I'm guessing. So all in around $280/night. Not bad. I still long for the days before Marriott bought Starwood. You could get early December for about $149.

And they've really mucked up the points program. Just priced a three night stay M-Th using points - 150k. (which converts at 1 point per dollar spent on the card - or you can outright buy the points with their "special promotion" and end up spending about $1200 for the 3 nights that you could book on your own without points for about $900). I hate deeply dislike Marriott.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Its just a pool.
This is just a pool:
5FFCC9FB-ED9D-4A88-B545-BF42E7765BD6.png

This is a mini-waterpark attached to a hotel:
B89A42A2-6503-43B1-9389-03990597E1F8.jpeg

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I am currently under the impression that when Coronado opens they will only be opening Gran Destino and maybe some Casitas rooms if demand requires it (unlikely). With that, expect limited amenities (likely only the feature pool and maybe one quiet pool open), except for maybe restaurants. There seems to be a real reluctance to re-furlough CM’s at the restaurants that would be most likely to not reopen to guests due to demand. As of now, the only lock is the Quick Service (after that’s when there becomes a lot of either/ors, like Toledo vs. 3 Bridges and Barcelona vs. Dahlia).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am currently under the impression that when Coronado opens they will only be opening Gran Destino and maybe some Casitas rooms if demand requires it (unlikely). With that, expect limited amenities (likely only the feature pool and maybe one quiet pool open), except for maybe restaurants. There seems to be a real reluctance to re-furlough CM’s at the restaurants that would be most likely to not reopen to guests due to demand. As of now, the only lock is the Quick Service (after that’s when there becomes a lot of either/ors, like Toledo vs. 3 Bridges and Barcelona vs. Dahlia).

Will they be able to accommodate requests for California King and Alaska King beds?

As I understand it, the NBA is only using the Gran Destino (for teams) and the Casitas (for media). The only open restaurants at the moment are Rix and Siestas Cantina (the pool bar). The only open pools are The Dig Site (feature pool, for teams) the Casitas quiet pool (for media). Maybe more will open once players' families/guests arrive.

With that in mind, I think you're right. I'd guess that Rix closes, replaced by El Mercado de Coronado (QS food court) and Three Bridges (the safest option because it's open air).

dreday3

As I understand it, the NBA is only using the Gran Destino (for teams) and the Casitas (for media). The only open restaurants at the moment are Rix and Siestas Cantina (the pool bar). The only open pools are The Dig Site (feature pool, for teams) the Casitas quiet pool (for media). Maybe more will open once players' families/guests arrive.

With that in mind, I think you're right. I'd guess that Rix closes, replaced by El Mercado de Coronado (QS food court) and Three Bridges (the safest option because it's open air).

They need to have something open inside Gran Destino. 3 Bridges, the quick service, and Barcelona Lounge (open past 9 pm please) would be a good compromise. Plus the feature pool and leave one quiet pool open.

Though I just can't seem to stomach paying the same price for the hotel with more restaurants/bars closed than open.

Magic Feather

Original Poster

It’s my understanding that 3 Bridges has been open at some point during the NBA’s stay (unsure if it still is).

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney has just announced that they plan on keeping Disney’s Polynesian Resort closed until Summer 2021 as they complete refurbishment work."

"As we continue to reopen additional Disney Resort hotels to Guests, we are modifying the reopening date for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort which will reopen next summer. This schedule adjustment also allows us to complete some refurbishment work at the Resort hotel, including enhancements to the Great Ceremonial House and Guest rooms. We expect work to begin in early October and look forward to sharing more about these changes in the future. The Villas and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will remain open during this refurbishment."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom