News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

Yeah, it would take a catastrophic hit to the economy and especially the entertainment industry for Universal ever to consider selling or sharing Marvel theme park rights to WDW, while, at the same time, Disney has a nice nest egg it's sitting on.

That'll never happen.

That doesn't change anything about my post, though. They can't right now, which is all I was saying.

I wasn't speculating about the future, although I personally think what you're referencing makes it less likely to happen, not more. Why would Disney spend a bunch of money to buy back rights that would then require them to spend even more money to actually build new attractions? They're cutting spending as much as possible. I don't think Universal would sell right now either, because it would also require them to spend the money to totally retheme one of the areas of their park. It's hard to see how the financials would work in a way that was actually beneficial for both parties.

Even moreso now that many of the major MCU characters are finished. It's hard to imagine Disney deciding to build an MCU ride based on characters who have been out of the MCU for 10 years (which is likely how long it would be before they actually designed and built anything), because those specific incarnations may not have a long lifespan. As tremendously successful as they've been, they don't really seem like the type of movies that will be attracting many new viewers 10-15 years from now. Not that they couldn't base it on the comics instead, but I don't think they'd consider that a very big draw.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Looks like they’re still working on the infamous blue building, as evidenced by the tarp for the (green) boom lift, and new plastic coverings above the utility door for some new decoration(s).
71C433D6-1E1F-42B1-83AA-FB49738C7A00.jpeg

9C0CF502-FBB2-4910-84B9-43DD57716DDD.jpeg

DA1AFBED-A732-4FBC-93CA-A85C3C1E3350.jpeg

Also something new — there’s hanging planters on the bottom windows which should look pretty when finished and decorated! I think they’ll also add it to the upper windows as well since there’s a blank space below the windows.
As seen here on week of Aug 5th, hanging planters haven’t been installed yet:
942047F4-2960-4D4E-8202-F21A2001D475.jpeg

Pictures come from site that shall not be named...observations are my own from comparing new and old photos!!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Looks like they’re still working on the infamous blue building, as evidenced by the tarp for the (green) boom lift, and new plastic coverings above the utility door for some new decoration(s).
View attachment 491221
View attachment 491222
View attachment 491223

Also something new — there’s hanging planters on the bottom windows which should look pretty when finished and decorated! I think they’ll also add it to the upper windows as well since there’s a blank space below the windows.
As seen here on week of Aug 5th, hanging planters haven’t been installed yet:
View attachment 491224
Pictures come from site that shall not be named...observations are my own from comparing new and old photos!!
Glad to see they're still working on blue building, The new planters are a nice touch.
I've been following it's progress and can't wait to see the finished product. Thank you!

Giss Neric

That street leading up to the ride looks so cramped. How can they implement a entrance/exit only walkway for social distancing when it opens and the line for the ride spills through WS. Unless they have backstage queues built in.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That street leading up to the ride looks so cramped. How can they implement a entrance/exit only walkway for social distancing when it opens and the line for the ride spills through WS. Unless they have backstage queues built in.
Obviously capacity across the board will be down. If needs be they’ll divide the new promenade down the middle.

Assuming they feel it safe to open a new attraction when Covid-19 is so rampant in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom