On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Woah...a knockdown dragout over na’vi...don’t see that everyday 😉

Yeah... rise of the resistance, flight of passage, mystic manor, Shanghai pirates, radiator springs racers, runaway railway are all “not that bad.”

I see your point...but it’s also a bit of a cherry pick, isn’t it?

And I’m not blaming WDI specifically...but there is management missteps, some fails on rides and budgets blown to smithereens all over the place.

You know that it’s not all homers.

peter11435

I see your point...but it’s also a bit of a cherry pick, isn’t it?
Hasn't it always been though? It’s not like every attraction built in the 50’s 60’s 70’s etc was a winner either. Obviously the pirates of the Caribbean’s and haunted mansions were exemplary and lasted through the test of time. But there’s countless others that weren’t on their level and have been replaced and forgotten. We judge the present rostr of new attractions based on its collective whole, we judge the past based on those that stood the test of time and further through a lens of nostalgia.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hasn't it always been though? It’s not like every attraction built in the 50’s 60’s 70’s etc was a winner either. Obviously the pirates of the Caribbean’s and haunted mansions were exemplary and lasted through the test of time. But there’s countless others that weren’t on their level and have been replaced and forgotten. We judge the present rostr of new attractions based on its collective whole, we judge the past based on those that stood the test of time and further through a lens of nostalgia.
Perhaps...but you got a list over 10 years...only 3 stateside. You know the variables are different in Asia too...different dynamic with WDI.

jury is out on Mickey, is it not?

Also...the new crown jewel is good...but will need a major IP overhaul in the not too distant future.

peter11435

Perhaps...but you got a list over 10 years...only 3 stateside. You know the variables are different in Asia too...different dynamic with WDI.

jury is out on Mickey, is it not?

Also...the new crown jewel is good...but will need a major IP overhaul in the not too distant future.
My list wasn’t complete, there are others I would put on that list.

Having experienced Mickey several times I can say It more than qualifies and based on guest feedback the vast majority agree.

As for rise, I think the jury IS still out on that IP change.

UNCgolf

I think they need to figure out how to get it operating efficiently before they worry about changing anything else.

Although I suppose if they needed to shut down for a bit to make changes for A, they could do B at the same time.

Kingoglow

this is what I want WDI to be doing: every applicant must come to the interview with plans, schemes, ideas and concepts for the nextHauntedMansion, as measured by the original. I don’t mean to say that they ever replace the classic. Only that they use the designs as a measure of the imagination and big ideas each applicant world bring and, perhaps, elevate the ideas inside WDI.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My list wasn’t complete, there are others I would put on that list.

Having RODE Mickey several times I can say It more than qualifies and based on guest feedback the vast majority agree.

FTFY

Points taken...but “based on guest feedback”??

...you are and “disciple” for sure.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

this is what I want WDI to be doing: every applicant must come to the interview with plans, schemes, ideas and concepts for the nextHauntedMansion, as measured by the original. I don’t mean to say that they ever replace the classic. Only that they use the designs as a measure of the imagination and big ideas each applicant world bring and, perhaps, elevate the ideas inside WDI.
That makes no sense but does show how well Disney has created this false idea that a small group does everything.

the.dreamfinder

That makes no sense but does show how well Disney has created this false idea that a small group does everything.
1597112726209.jpeg

UNCgolf

That’s how it always is...everyday.

And in Orlando...the break out meetings are always held at Fulton’s (whatever it’s called now) with a lovely brunch with custom lobster Benedict prepared tableside.

Everyday. I swear. 🤞🏻

I think it's Paddlefish now.

I actually had some incredibly good ribs as a late dinner one night back when it was still Fulton's. About a decade ago, maybe longer. Honestly some of the better ribs I've ever had, which was shocking for multiple reasons.

Laketravis

Reading everyone's comments about then and now causes me to reflect back on the first couple of times I went to WDW in '72-'73. Just two resorts and the Magic Kingdom. The monorail was a ride. Renting little speed boats at the Contemporary was a unique experience. Space Mountain hadn't even been built yet but Tomorrowland Speedway, Haunted Mansion, and even the gondola sufficed. The concrete was still white and the landscaping still young. Being able to get an inside peek at the Utilidor was like 2001: A Space Odyssey.

And then I realize it's hard to be as innovative today when they simply aren't trying as hard as they use to. Which is disappointing because the technology and resources available today blows away anything Walt could have envisioned 50 years ago.

Shame on Iger.

Getachew

Reading everyone's comments about then and now causes me to reflect back on the first couple of times I went to WDW in '72-'73. Just two resorts and the Magic Kingdom. The monorail was a ride. Renting little speed boats at the Contemporary was a unique experience. Space Mountain hadn't even been built yet but Tomorrowland Speedway, Haunted Mansion, and even the gondola sufficed. The concrete was still white and the landscaping still young. Being able to get an inside peek at the Utilidor was like 2001: A Space Odyssey.

And then I realize it's hard to be as innovative today when they simply aren't trying as hard as they use to. Which is disappointing because the technology and resources available today blows away anything Walt could have envisioned 50 years ago.

Shame on Iger.

You got any good photos or videos that you would like to share?:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom