What projects are gone?

yensidtlaw1969

The surveys were done. Quite a while ago.
Right, which is why I was trying to find the line of the point of no return - it seems easy enough to cancel a project if they had merely surveyed the land, but I didn’t think the Poppins plot had moved past that step into further construction processes. Which is why it seemed like that project might be dead at this point.

jt04

PatF Bayou overlay will happen at the MK. Bookmark this if you think it won't. It will also have Frozen queue length wait times. And will sell more plush than Splash did traditionally. 🐊🐸

Facts.

Giss Neric

Disney should probably just keep their mouth shut about new or upcoming projects like what Universal is doing with their new attractions even though you already see the obvious. Less disappoinment and people will be more excited. Let guests be guessing and speculating.

Homemade Imagineering

Is there a slight possibility that Imagination might get prioritized over another project? I know that might sound completely ridiculous since it’s never been on Disney’s top priority list of updates, and I’m sure they’re not necessarily thinking about ditching an at least announced project for one that hasn’t even been green-lit yet, especially during the pandemic, but I guess it’s worth asking, and I just want to know your opinion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there a slight possibility that Imagination might get prioritized over another project? I know that might sound completely ridiculous since it’s never been on Disney’s top priority list of updates, and I’m sure they’re not necessarily thinking about ditching an at least announced project for one that hasn’t even been green-lit yet, especially during the pandemic, but I guess it’s worth asking, and I just want to know your opinion.
I’d be very surprised

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney should probably just keep their mouth shut about new or upcoming projects like what Universal is doing with their new attractions even though you already see the obvious. Less disappoinment and people will be more excited. Let guests be guessing and speculating.

As much as Universal doesn't announce in advance, insiders leak what's coming as much as they do for Disney for projects that are greenlit.

A company can be mum about a coaster being built in Jurassic Island or a tower being built next to the Contemporary, but we all know what's happening.

Announcing ahead of time has its pros and cons. Cons are that there's confusion if the project is cancelled. Anxiety if the project takes way too long to build. And the possibility that guests will hold off visiting until its finished.

Pros of announcing ahead of time: Continuing marketing opportunities to drive up interest. Makes the company look good that they're improving the experience. Clears up misconceptions about what the construction is all about.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Speculating is part of the fun.

Do you recall “The Disney Decade”?

techgeek

So much was “promised” that didn’t happen. Muppet Movie Ride. Traceys Crimestoppers. Roger Rabbits Hollywood. Mickeys Movieland. Mermaid ride. Switzerland. Journeys in Space. Russia. Noah’s Ark.

I've only very rarely seen mention of this one, and when I have it was as an early but quickly discarded AK entrance concept with 'Genesis Gardens'. Was it ever considered outside of that context?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've only very rarely seen mention of this one, and when I have it was as an early but quickly discarded AK entrance concept with 'Genesis Gardens'. Was it ever considered outside of that context?
A night time show on Crescent Lake. IIRC planned for 1992.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom