France Exec. Chef retires no timeline on table service

MerlinTheGoat

Le Chefs hasn't been very good for a long time now IMO. It WAS genuinely great during the period of time I first visited WDW (between 1991-1997). I've also been lucky to have visited the actual country multiple times and eaten many wonderful meals there, so i'm not without a decent point of reference for what to expect. But I stopped visiting WDW for well over a decade and didn't return again until fall 2010. I discovered that Le Chefs' food had gone downhill dramatically.

Rider

Chefs was entirety authentic to a meal I had at a tourist restaurant with views of the Effiel Tower.

It's expensive low quality French food that no-nothing tourists pay a lot of money for because of the location.

I only appreciate it because of how well they copied the real Paris experience.

Chefs was entirety authentic to a meal I had at a tourist restaurant with views of the Effiel Tower.

It's expensive low quality French food that no-nothing tourists pay a lot of money for because of the location.

Thank you.

You just described every restaurant in World Showcase. That is the experience. However, food-wise, France is where Ive had the best meals.

sbunit

Thank you.

You just described every restaurant in World Showcase. That is the experience. However, food-wise, France is where Ive had the best meals.

Spot on. While I am not discounting the food, you go to Epcot for the experience (and even that can be debated, but regardless it’s still good fun). If you want authentic food go visit the country. I never understood why people put so much stock in the food at Epcot

DisneyOutsider

Spot on. While I am not discounting the food, you go to Epcot for the experience (and even that can be debated, but regardless it’s still good fun). If you want authentic food go visit the country. I never understood why people put so much stock in the food at Epcot
When the expectation is theme park food, I think they have some solid options. Of course most of the good ones are not operated by Disney.

UNCgolf

It's not top of the line quality, but it's solid (mostly) and it has a huge variety of foods that you won't find anywhere else at WDW. That, combined with the overall experience, is why people are big on the food at EPCOT -- at least in my opinion. I think it's more about the variety than anything else.

JoeCamel

Le Chefs hasn't been very good for a long time now IMO. It WAS genuinely great during the period of time I first visited WDW (between 1991-1997). I've also been lucky to have visited the actual country multiple times and eaten many wonderful meals there, so i'm not without a decent point of reference for what to expect. But I stopped visiting WDW for well over a decade and didn't return again until fall 2010. I discovered that Le Chefs' food had gone downhill dramatically.

Thank you.

It's not top of the line quality, but it's solid (mostly) and it has a huge variety of foods that you won't find anywhere else at WDW. That, combined with the overall experience, is why people are big on the food at EPCOT -- at least in my opinion. I think it's more about the variety than anything else.

OK y'all repeat after me ala MM club ...... DDP - DDP-- DDP is the reason for what we see...... DDP.......

sbunit

i will certainly 100% concede to the huge variety. I’m not anti-Epcot food, but for someone who lives in NYC and is lucky enough to experience more authentic cuisine in one of the world’s biggest melting pots, it can be hard sometimes to overlook the differences present in theme park dining. But as another poster stated, go in with the right theme park mindset and it’s actually well above average. Like my wife says, I’m just turning into a food snob

UNCgolf

i will certainly 100% concede to the huge variety. I’m not anti-Epcot food, but for someone who lives in NYC and is lucky enough to experience more authentic cuisine in one of the world’s biggest melting pots, it can be hard sometimes to overlook the differences present in theme park dining. But as another poster stated, go in with the right theme park mindset and it’s actually well above average. Like my wife says, I’m just turning into a food snob

Yeah, I live in Atlanta (which certainly isn't on NYC's level) but I've also spent time in NYC, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, London, etc.

The EPCOT food certainly isn't on the level of an actual quality restaurant in any of those places, but it's better than what you're going to get throughout most of the rest of WDW, with a few exceptions.

novum

Although the theme park has opened, its attendance numbers have not been sufficient to fully reopen all the culinary operations, or to bring back the furloughed staff."

NOTE: Following the original publication of our article, Weistroffer's joke questioning "if" the restaurants would reopen was removed from Scott Joseph's article. According to Joseph, JBI intends to reopen the restaurants "when it is safe and reasonable to do so."

Seems like a reasonable stance, from both a business and public safety point of view. In addition, the foodservice industry hasn't yet sorted out all the disruptions caused by COVID, which results in the short menus everywhere. a lot of "fine dining" establishments prefer not to open under such conditions.

eliza61nyc

Yeah, I live in Atlanta (which certainly isn't on NYC's level) but I've also spent time in NYC, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, London, etc.

The EPCOT food certainly isn't on the level of an actual quality restaurant in any of those places, but it's better than what you're going to get throughout most of the rest of WDW, with a few exceptions.
lol do people really go to a theme park thinking the restaurants are going to be like fine dining in those cities?

anyhoo, wow 38 years, I'd retire too. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom