News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don’t often self-plug, but coming in December is a huge edit I’ve made of Rise of the Resistance. I’ve taken an in depth look at the lands origins, the rides design, layout and construction, and then the whole experience from walk in to walk out, using a good two dozen ride throughs to select the best angles and to ensure no detail is missed, from the preshow to the transport, from the Star Destroyer to the ride. The audio mix is also one of my better-than-just-live custom mixes.

Given the state of the world this year I couldn’t have produced this without the help of some generous friends and websites, WDWMagic included.

KevinPage

Ughhhh I’m at 20.

0A491A3E-0312-43C3-9925-F6E31E69A45A.gif

I know wifi is park wide, but is there a 'Best' spot where you get the best signal. When every second counts , every little bit helps.

@lentesta is a proponent of the Animation Courtyard. I only use cellular so I just go where I get full bars (all over the place w/ AT&T)

techgeek

Had my first RotR experience this morning - everything went completely smooth thanks to the collected and up-to-date advice on this thread... so a big thanks to all!

My data points for the record: Arrived by car at the parking booths around 9:05, probably 15-20 cars in front of us by that time. They opened parking at 9:12 and we got through the booth a little after 9:20. Directed to park at the end of row 3, so we had a decent walk - but the arrival experience was very smooth through temp check / security / touchpoints... we barely stopped walking at any point and were in the park by 9:40. Found a shaded bench over by Echo Lake to countdown, had full bars and quick loading cell service with AT&T so stuck with that. Sat on the RotR virtual queue page and refreshed that constantly starting at about T-20 seconds, "Join" appeared promptly at the top of the hour and I quickly selected (party of 2), confirmed and received boarding group 8!

Walked onto Star Tours and our group was called just as we were exiting - proceeded over to Rise and found they had just gone down and didn't have an ETA... just "check back later". Hey, all part of the experience, right? We hung out for about 20 minutes to see if it was going to be a quick fix, then jumped over to Docking Bay 9 for an early lunch. By the time we were done, they were back up and we walked the line almost straight into the first preshow.

I've been avoiding spoilers, so I can't comment on specific effects... but nothing came across as 'bad show'. Without breaking into a full review, I have to say the attraction absolutely lives up to the hype. The pacing is insane and the experience incredibly immersive.

britain

I don’t often self-plug, but coming in December is a huge edit I’ve made of Rise of the Resistance. I’ve taken an in depth look at the lands origins, the rides design, layout and construction, and then the whole experience from walk in to walk out, using a good two dozen ride throughs to select the best angles and to ensure no detail is missed, from the preshow to the transport, from the Star Destroyer to the ride. The audio mix is also one of my better-than-just-live custom mixes.

Given the state of the world this year I couldn’t have produced this without the help of some generous friends and websites, WDWMagic included.

Good to know December will bring great new SW content again! I was worried what I’d watch this Christmas. 😄

Jimdalva

QUESTION; At home I get a 'Not so Fast', and I call that a win. But If I was in the park, would that be the end, a win, OR is there another step before you are awarded a BG ?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom