News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magic Feather

This is good info that I haven't seen anywhere else! That would alleviate some worry about queuing for something and having to board/ride right at 10.

Using MMRR as an example, if I did this, would the space for this at MMRR be a spot where I could get a reliable signal to get a Boarding Pass?

In my instance, I'd be walking from the Boardwalk area. So from what you said, if I'm there early enough and with the first people into the park, and go immediately to MMRR, I should be on and off the ride before 10 anyways, correct? I know I've had a similar experience at DAK with FoP, I've been off the ride literally a minute after official park open. I wasn't sure how they were doing things at DHS currently.
Usually, the Runaway Railway “hold area” is the ADA Loading Zone, which supposedly has good reception. I’ve only heard of reception getting a smidge dodgy in the ride itself (of note, TSMM’s queue, and the bowels of tower also aren’t great.
Thats a really good guide to the process!
Thanks! Hopefully this helps (although, as with most WDW ops, some stuff is subject to change).

KevinPage

I like a mix of old and new, just mix in some more old! And yeah we've had Star Tours , and it was great, but technically GE is light years ahead. I can't wait to see it in September!

You could meet Darth Vader in Launch Bay & see him in Star Tours 😂

And Nien Numb is from Return of the Jedi (and blew up 2nd Death Star w/ Lando), he just happens to have small roles in the new films as well.

Lt Bek looks & sounds like Admiral Ackbar (again from Jedi) as well (guess its a Mon Calamari thing). 😂

Last edited:

KevinPage

This is good info that I haven't seen anywhere else! That would alleviate some worry about queuing for something and having to board/ride right at 10.

Using MMRR as an example, if I did this, would the space for this at MMRR be a spot where I could get a reliable signal to get a Boarding Pass?

In my instance, I'd be walking from the Boardwalk area. So from what you said, if I'm there early enough and with the first people into the park, and go immediately to MMRR, I should be on and off the ride before 10 anyways, correct? I know I've had a similar experience at DAK with FoP, I've been off the ride literally a minute after official park open. I wasn't sure how they were doing things at DHS currently.

I do not think they are loading people on the ride prior to 10am. Been there 3x in the past week+ and at opening time and have not seen anyone exiting ride that quickly.

KevinPage

First time I saw this today. But I’m a tad closer than normal waiting to park 🤩
85CDED1A-83E4-4EEE-BCC8-FD914BD9BFF8.png

nyrebel3

I do not think they are loading people on the ride prior to 10am. Been there 3x in the past week+ and at opening time and have not seen anyone exiting ride that quickly.
When we were there in Mid July, we road both SDD and TSMM prior to 10:00 on two separate days. If I remember correctly, SDD started loading at 9:50 and TSMM started at 9:55. We never tried MMRR at rope drop because the lines were too long.

Also back in March (PC - pre Covid!), I tried getting a BG inside MMRR and failed because the cell reception is so poor inside. If you are inside, I would use WDW Wifi or wait outside.

KevinPage

Everything working EXCEPT Probe droid laser (par for the course) & first laser cannon (no lights, no movements

Was 2nd in queue and had preshows with same
other person throughout. Timing was perfect, so kept the immersion up entire time.

Knowing it was last time until AP’s have more availability on weekends, I shedded a few happy 😭

Oh and as a “give back”, @disneygeek90 can still hold over my head that she had a solitary ride experience 🤩🤩🤩

disneygeek90

Just curious, when a blog posts that all boarding groups have been filled in X amount of time, how do they know that?
It might show this information on the "My Queues" page if you actually have a boarding group, but we would need somebody in the park to confirm that.

Not nearly as pretty or convenient as if they showed it in the app, but you can use this link to find that info. Just look for "currentArrivingGroupStart" and "currentArrivingGroupEnd".
Using the link Joel provided you can read the “code” for how long the system has boarding groups as “Open” to “Paused.” You have to basically be viewing and counting it in real time but luckily @DCBaker is all over it.

Magic Feather

When we were there in Mid July, we road both SDD and TSMM prior to 10:00 on two separate days. If I remember correctly, SDD started loading at 9:50 and TSMM started at 9:55. We never tried MMRR at rope drop because the lines were too long.

Also back in March (PC - pre Covid!), I tried getting a BG inside MMRR and failed because the cell reception is so poor inside. If you are inside, I would use WDW Wifi or wait outside.
Most rides start loading before 10 now to prevent building lines from getting too out of control. Off the top of my head, MMRR officially starts running between 10:20-30, but usually starts running as soon as they get guests back to the preshow area.

I think Slinky is a 9:45 along with all of the TSL attractions. I’ve heard conflicting reports on RnRC and tower, but they are sometime between 30 and 45

Jimdalva

I know wifi is park wide, but is there a 'Best' spot where you get the best signal. When every second counts , every little bit helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom