Disney and Augmented Reality

jeanericuser001

Original Poster
Disney has for decades taken advantage of 3d but over time 3d has sort of lost its luster. As time has passed augmented reality has begun to show its potential and I thought I would ask you all what your thoughts were on augmented reality. Should disney switch some of its rides from 3d to ar? I myself lean heavily towards disney using AR for a lot of its dark ride based attractions. The use of AR would allow for disney to preprogram a number of varying effects into the rides as well as add unique random occurrence to further enhance the ride's feel. So what are your thoughts on this subject?

MickeyMouse10

I think that both can exist in the parks. That's what makes Disney so great, it has a variety of different types of rides that will keep your interests.

Miru

Disney has for decades taken advantage of 3d but over time 3d has sort of lost its luster. As time has passed augmented reality has begun to show its potential and I thought I would ask you all what your thoughts were on augmented reality. Should disney switch some of its rides from 3d to ar? I myself lean heavily towards disney using AR for a lot of its dark ride based attractions. The use of AR would allow for disney to preprogram a number of varying effects into the rides as well as add unique random occurrence to further enhance the ride's feel. So what are your thoughts on this subject?
I feel like AR technology on large scales isn’t really advanced enough to work at a theme park just yet. Some smaller amusement parks have tried VR with headsets, which is what I imagine AR would be handled with as well, and these were clunky. I feel some AR using a simple downloadable app could work, mainly to add effects to rides such as The Haunted Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom