Where’s the Na’vi Shaman?

dave&di

I haven’t been to the park since this ride opened. I’ve watched it on videos and I must admit I found the character terrifying! It looks very life like and not very cute! 😊I would be quite glad if it isn’t there during my 2022 trip! (I have seen Avatar..yet! I’ll attempt it before I go!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Anyone seen this blonde around the park lately???
1596719033692.png

HongKongFooy

, but that shaman is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen on any ride.

She(female??) moves convincingly.....very nice fluid motions and likely Disney's best one yet for natural movements.....BUT and the biggest 'but' imaginable enough to please Sir Mixalot..........

As impressive as she is from a technological angle the AA remains boring......such a squandered opportunity. There is nothing interesting, exciting, momentous, noteworthy about her.

Considering designers positioned the AA as the climactic show piece sitting half Indian style waving arms around is not maximising its potential. Such a passive AA with wasted opportunity.

Better if she were hunting with a bow or spear or sling or addressing us with engaging dialogue or surprising us with something, anything. Climb a tree, hang from a vine, warn us or advise us......just do something that is interesting to pull us in instead of sitting and singing.

JIMINYCR

[
I still say that with all of the wonderful creatures dreamed up for Avatar, this boat ride should have been at least as long and as populated as Pirates of the Caribbean.

Why not have a herd of Space Horses or the cool Hammerhead Rhinoceros in AA form?
images
I think they blew all their money on dressing up the land and especially on FoP (which I'm glad they did) then by spending the bucks on the Shaman, the Navi River Journey funds were tapped out. I dont think it ever was intended to be developed as anything more than what we got. The money just wasnt there.

Incomudro

I still say that with all of the wonderful creatures dreamed up for Avatar, this boat ride should have been at least as long and as populated as Pirates of the Caribbean.

Why not have a herd of Space Horses or the cool Hammerhead Rhinoceros in AA form?
images

If the ride had more than one aa - as it should have, than it wouldn't suffer as much when that one aa went down.

HongKongFooy

That critique could arguably be applied to the entirety of Pandora land.

There are no other AA's in Pandora to call boring.........are there?

There's that submerged blue dude in the Flight queue....does that count? If yes, then he's even more passive and uninspiring than the blue musician.

dave&di

I saw a video today, it was suggested it had been replaced by a projection screen of the shaman. I will try to find it. EDIT: it was

Last edited:

FettFan

She(female??) moves convincingly.....very nice fluid motions and likely Disney's best one yet for natural movements.....BUT and the biggest 'but' imaginable enough to please Sir Mixalot..........

As impressive as she is from a technological angle the AA remains boring......such a squandered opportunity. There is nothing interesting, exciting, momentous, noteworthy about her.

Considering designers positioned the AA as the climactic show piece sitting half Indian style waving arms around is not maximising its potential. Such a passive AA with wasted opportunity.

Better if she were hunting with a bow or spear or sling or addressing us with engaging dialogue or surprising us with something, anything. Climb a tree, hang from a vine, warn us or advise us......just do something that is interesting to pull us in instead of sitting and singing.

So really...f you think about it...

This guy

college-student-ET-unievrsal-studios-orlando-56-times-ride.jpg

might have been less technologically impressive, but he was still far more effective.

Really, isn’t ET Adventure at its heart essentially the same experience as Navi River, only with the excitement of a first act where you’re chased by federal agents?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom