Transformers: Theme Park

MickeyJedi

Original Poster
image.png

I am doing a creative thought experiment for a theme park based on the Transformers franchise. It's mainly based on generation one instead of the Michael Bay films. What would be some interesting ideas or names for any rides, restaurants, and shopping? Just let me know

oogie boogie man

I don't think it's an iconic enough franchise to get it's own theme park. There aren't many that are. The only ones I can think of are Star Wars, Marvel and D.C. Comics.

Twilight_Roxas

Yep, it works in Florida because there is no Six Flags in the Southeast. I'd love to see it in Epic Universe instead of Fantastic Beasts. That franchise has faltered at the box office.
Most likely not since Universal still has the theme park rights to Marvel so most likely DC could replace Marvel when the theme park rights expire.

Evilgidgit

I'm not sure Transformers could encompass an entire theme park -- though in Transformers canon, there is a theme park called Six Lasers Over Cybertron. An alternate idea is to do a Hasbro-based theme park, with lands based on Transformers, My Little Pony, its board games, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, etc.

MickeyMouse10

I'm not sure Transformers could encompass an entire theme park -- though in Transformers canon, there is a theme park called Six Lasers Over Cybertron. An alternate idea is to do a Hasbro-based theme park, with lands based on Transformers, My Little Pony, its board games, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, etc.

I love that idea, the walkways could even look like board game pathways like in Monopoly. Like they almost had in the Legendary Years section of Pop Century.

f611afd5038892b99bb4b52a4b64c1ef--art-disney-walt-disney-world.jpg

Disney Dad 3000

View attachment 489056
I am doing a creative thought experiment for a theme park based on the Transformers franchise. It's mainly based on generation one instead of the Michael Bay films. What would be some interesting ideas or names for any rides, restaurants, and shopping? Just let me know

Hope you pursue this and put pin to paper. Even as a mini half park of sorts, this would be amazing (for me at least). I think Gen 1 is still where its at with transformers. Probably watched each of those episodes 20+ times. Don't even get me started on my gen 1 toy collection.

Picturing a coaster and restaurant around this to get started has me drooling.
CrashedArk1.jpg

Between a Dinobots/dino area, cybertron, a city based landscape with constructicons and a decepticon flight school, lots of fun ideas out there. Soundwave has to have a restaurant/club right?

Evilgidgit

Well, let's say if there was to be a hypothetical Hasbro theme park, it would utilise a lot of its games and toys. They have so many iconic and beloved properties, I'm surprised they haven't gone into the park business independently.

Amongst their IP include Transformers, My Little Pony, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, Dungeons & Dragons, Action Man, Beyblade, Furby, GoBots, Hamtaro, Inhumanoids, Jem and the Holograms, Kre-O, Littlest Pet Shop, MASK, Micronauts, Nerf, Play-Doh, Pound Puppies, Rom the Spaceknight, Spirograph, Stretch Armstrong, Visionaries, Yo-Kai Watch, Zoids, and tons of board games like Monopoly, Battleships, Buckaroo, Candy Land, Cluedo, Guess Who, Hungry Hippos, Magic: The Gathering, Operation, Ouija, Risk, Scrabble, and Trivial Pursuit. Pretty good line-up.

I can easily imagine Transformers and My Little Pony getting their own lands, and the board games could have a collective one similar to Toy Story Playland made of giant games. Certain hero-based franchises and animal-based franchises could have their own lands. Hasbro design Sesame Street, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters, so these properties could appear too. Dungeons & Dragons is popular enough to earn itself its own attraction or land, though I know zip about it beyond its reputation.

MickeyMouse10

It would be great if they could actually do good movies for GI Joe and Dungeons and Dragons. As long as they keep Marlon Wayans away from them they may have a chance.

ca687f5c9929d1f277dced5a098651dd.jpg
dungeons-dragons-movie-still-marlon-wayans_365213-305x400.jpeg

Last edited:

oogie boogie man

I grew up with the cartoon. But the sad part about Transformers for me is I've only liked one film in the franchise (Bumblebee). The rest of the movies are typical Bruckheimer bullcrap, where they put explosions ahead of the story and characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom