News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyDebRob

I would put this into a spoiler comment, many people here haven’t ridden ROTR yet and it would suck that this effect be spoiled for them.
You are correct. To be honest, I haven’t rode it yet and I have no idea what that picture even represents so at least I’m ok.🙂

rowrbazzle

Can y'all please refresh my memory? If I have a bunch of people (like my kids) on my friends and family list that aren't on a trip with me will they still show up on the list when I try to join the VQ? If it's just me and another person on a trip will that be all I get?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Can y'all please refresh my memory? If I have a bunch of people (like my kids) on my friends and family list that aren't on a trip with me will they still show up on the list when I try to join the VQ? If it's just me and another person on a trip will that be all I get?

Yes, some (if not all) will show up if they are active on your friends/family list.

There does seem to be some sort of glitch lately where not everyone shows up though.

rowrbazzle

Yes, some (if not all) will show up if they are active on your friends/family list.

There does seem to be some sort of glitch lately where not everyone shows up though.

Okay, thanks. I looked at removing those who wouldn't be going, but it said I couldn't because they have active admissions or plans (even though they don't). Weird.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Pretty cool effect. Really convincing in person. The practical hand is creepy.

I would put this into a spoiler comment, many people here haven’t ridden ROTR yet and it would suck that this effect be spoiled for them.
There’s a B mode for this too (like the rest of the ride) - if the screen can’t roll for any reason Kylo just stands there with his sabre.

Joel

without changing the story in the rest of the ride? No, that would not make any sense.
"We just received more intel from the First Order spy, and I know you guys aren't going to believe this, but I swear to Baby Yoda it's the truth... somehow, Vader returned too!"

Jimdalva

without changing the story in the rest of the ride? No, that would not make any sense.
I disagree, I am a casual fan, NOT a super fan like many here. I would bet that 90% of Disney guests are also casual fans and would prefer to see Darth Vader (voted the Greatest Villain of all Time) rather than Klyo Ren (a light weight) and no one but the few super fans care whether or not he fits the 'Story'.

gerarar

Premium Member
There’s a B mode for this too (like the rest of the ride) - if the screen can’t roll for any reason Kylo just stands there with his sabre.
Yup! I have it on my list of B/C modes for this attraction that I posted a while back. Also to note, the timing for when Kylo drops down is different when screen can’t roll:
Yup! It’s amazing how much the imagineers thought of and integrate into this attraction. Here’s a list of B-modes that I’ve come across:

• Only one transport vehicle running, starts on Track B (side AT-AT) and merges to Track A (front AT-AT) on approach to probe droid.
  • After the bridge, when Kylo approaches you in the elevator — if moving screen doesn’t work, Kylo drops down instead, but there’s a slight pause of 3 seconds before it happens to make up time lost for when Kylo would usually walk towards you with his lightsaber.
  • If lightsaber effect in elevator doesn’t work, there’s different music that plays and the transport doesn’t move/squirm anymore. R5 also doesn’t screech as there’s nothing to screech at.
  • If canons in cannon room are not working properly, the canons stay static. There’s actually 2 different modes here (I guess you can call this a B- and C-mode). One is where the canons still fire and the blast effect still shows on the screen, as well the noises from the cannon blasts. The other is if the canons don’t fire, which doesn’t reflect on the screen and in the audio/soundtrack. Therefore, there seems to be separate video feeds for the screens when the canon room isn’t in A- Or B-mode. Note, canons are still static in either option. Also, the transport vehicles themselves do a little dance — they lunge forward then backward, then forward again to continue on their way. Also, different music plays if the canons are not firing since there’s no blast noise from when they do.
  • Final Kylo AA encounter is down, Kylo appears in his ship on the screens. This actually makes the transport in Track A (front AT-AT) go first towards the escape pods instead of Track B vehicle. Normally, Track B always leads the pack after the probe droid encounter.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yup! I have it on my list of B/C modes for this attraction that I posted a while back. Also to note, the timing for when Kylo drops down is different when screen can’t roll:
Every major effect has a B mode, and every show scene has a holding loop should RVs stay longer than usual. Rise has the most alternates WDI have developed for an attraction.

gerarar

Premium Member
Every major effect has a B mode, and every show scene has a holding loop should RVs stay longer than usual. Rise has the most alternates WDI have developed for an attraction.
That’s actually pretty cool! I wasn’t aware that there was a holding loop in every show scene.
The only one I was aware of (only one that was recorded on video online) was if RVs were backed up in unloading and there’s a line of them leading to the escape pods. If RVs were stuck in the escape pod, extra dialogue would play and such. But I guess it’s a domino effect from there and would make sense that there’s a holding pattern for the show scenes before the escape pods. Genius!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom