Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

nickys

Premium Member
They can attend closed-to-the-public events like fishing, golfing, or a park after-hours. All those things are controlled by the NBA including signing up, check-out, and check-in. The park events aren't nightly. There are several scheduled and players have to sign up for the night it runs.
From one of the “bubble“ videos it seems there were other people on the golf course with them. Unless they were team officials from a different team that they didn’t know. People were seen giving the players directions back to the club house.

nicb88

From the angle of the photo, it could also be an optical illusion.

If nothing else, the spur could just be to ensure that the gravel pathway stays away from the guest walkway. If the gravel met the paved guest area it could easy cause a huge mess and trip hazards with small stones, etc, so it’s a more elegant way of the two meeting.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
If nothing else, the spur could just be to ensure that the gravel pathway stays away from the guest walkway. If the gravel met the paved guest area it could easy cause a huge mess and trip hazards with small stones, etc, so it’s a more elegant way of the two meeting.
Or it could allow direct access from (a) the soon-to-be-announced "Magic Kingdom Westside Premier Parking" and/or (b) the new boutique resort rumored to be destined for the wedge of land between the two canals.

nicb88

Or it could allow direct access from (a) the soon-to-be-announced "Magic Kingdom Westside Premier Parking" and/or (b) the new boutique resort rumored to be destined for the wedge of land between the two canals.

Eventually I’m sure something else will appear in that direction but given the current state of things, I can’t think it’ll be too soon.

lazyboy97o

It’s a best practice for maintenance of both. The geometry of the gravel road has to change as it approaches a paved surface and this is easier to do with a perpendicular transition. Maintaining that transition helps prevent the development of potholes that can make the transition dangerous and eventually, if left unattended, compromise the pavement as water washes out the area beneath the edges of the hardscape. Excess debris on the pavement is also a problem for issues of pedestrian safety and maintenance of the paved surface. The gravel road is not new and the best practice is to a perpendicular transition. If a new hotel is built in the area it’s not going to be oriented to an old service road along a canal.

Love Ft Wilderness

Nice. The NBA is there only through September, right? I've been eyeing a Winter/early Spring trip, so maybe the bridge will be available by then. Will be very glad to have this option.
Last I saw the NBA will finish up maybe mid-September? I was hoping to take advantage of the special resort rates that end 9/30 and stay at GF just to try out the new walkway. I'm keeping an eye on it.

JoeCamel

That gravel road along the canal has existed for decades.
Yes. But the paved spur is odd.
Interesting that the concrete leading to the gravel road appears a bit wider than the path leading toward GF. Maybe it will accommodate emergency vehicles if necessary.
Not really. A perpendicular transition is the better design. It's easier to navigate and maintain.
From the angle of the photo, it could also be an optical illusion.
Eventually I’m sure something else will appear in that direction but given the current state of things, I can’t think it’ll be too soon.
Clearly, it's access to the porta-potty. ;)

You all are BLIND! Its leading to a monorail footer as you can plainly see. Plain sight in all the photos. You call yourselves WDW fans, sheesh if you can't see it I can get @(certainmononut) to point it out to you.

toolsnspools

A few pics from last week. There was no way (that I could find) to get to the entrance through the Grand Floridian with the NBA there, so I wouldn't expect it to open prior to the NBA bubble popping.

20200731_110205.jpg
20200731_110207.jpg
20200731_110236.jpg
20200731_110241.jpg
20200731_163739.jpg
20200731_163902.jpg

halltd

If you zoom in to the fourth picture, it definitely looks like there's some type of piston that presses up on the bottom of the bridge to bring it up level with the sidewalk. Can't wait to see videos of this in action once it opens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom