Just Ventin'

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Got off the phone with Disney--had to change my flight numbers (net loss of 6 hours in Florida--grrrr)
Of course I was on hold--I expect that and that isn't the problem.
Whilst on hold I heard a tape loop of Disney features that are not available:
  • luggage handing with Magical Express
  • Dining Plan
  • Park Hopping
I know they aren't an option, but someone with less savvy would be tempted to think, "Wow that Dining Plan sounds perfect!!" Imagine the disappointment to find that you can't have it......

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Got off the phone with Disney--had to change my flight numbers (net loss of 6 hours in Florida--grrrr)
  • Dining Plan
  • Park Hopping
I know they aren't an option, but someone with less savvy would be tempted to think, "Wow that Dining Plan sounds perfect!!" Imagine the disappointment to find that you can't have it......

Yeah a local pizza place stopped offering deep dish pizza about a year ago, but to this day it's the only phone spiel when placed on hold.....and then of course I fell for it and asked if it was back a couple times.....not. Sounds pretty convincing though.....enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Lack of a dining plan, park hopping, luggage pick up have been made pretty clear and I'd assume that the average Joe (probably not the ones going to Disney right now) can grasp that the on hold loop has not been updated to reflect changes during the pandemic.
Let alone the more knowledgeable people that are the ones most likely going right now.

JIMINYCR

Since its an unknown when the Carona virus might be over, and those Disney items may be returned to guests, I can see why they wouldnt change over their recorded speil right away. If it becomes certain that they are going away for good then Disney will update the message presented while on hold. Someone not informed that those choices arent available cant be THAT upset if theyve just heard about them 30 seconds ago over the phone and dont have any details to decide they want them.

crawale

• Dining Plan
  • Park Hopping
Web sites have the same problem. DVC website has not refreshed the screen that shows resorts available with little notice since June 1st and now everything on the page is out of date.

Ricky Spanish

I guess it’s all how you look at it.
Imagine (over)paying for the dining plan and showing up to WDW only to find half(or more) of your dining options closed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I tended to enjoy being on hold with Disney, except when they started in with annoying you every 45 seconds with the computer-generated voice talking to you about this, that, and the other thing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sleeping Beauty Suite at Disneyland Hotel? 😍

Oh OK, Newport Bay Club? 😛

I want to book Hotel New York for Fall 2021, but you can't book past September 30 yet.

Can't say we were terribly impressed by the rooms at Newport Bay, at least not for the price we paid. The hotel itself is visually very nice, and of course you can't beat a 10-ish minute walk to both parks, or a 5 minute walk to Disney Village.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom