So... a Splash Mountain log sank..

celluloid

I have little doubt that this could be because of the continuing terrible maintience standards of Walt Disney World by executive leadership and management.
Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and People Mover being the most recent obviously safety issues.
Show upkeep is another big issue. If things can be cut from what you are supposed to see, time and buget is likely being cut from the things you don't. Eventually, it leads to likelyhood of more safety issues. I feel like we are in the WDW pressler era.

I am not saying that a design could not be better, but just to clear the thought out, does anyone think this situation could have been caused by rocking the boat while beocming wrestless waiting for evacuation, thus causing more and more water to come in? After stepping out even more water would enter the boat.

The sad possiblity is Disney executive management uses this as an excuse to down the ride and push the retheme they want.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
More Photos from the sinking were just posted.

@realBobChapek this is an example of SYNERGY in brands thanks to @TheRealBobIger brilliant purchase of 21CF.
7ff2dca8b628deb838445a3dc2561d9889047620.jpg

067c2d323fdbdc9cb06c02e3afebb65d4ae94561.jpg

titanic3dimax04.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Moka

Original Poster
Overweight guests overloaded boat?
Actually makes me wonder what the weight limit on these things are lol. But from why I know they clearly got stuck somewhere, and what’s interesting is it happened just a few moments after they powered off the ride. Then they noticed it was sinking and they stepped out and that’s when it went fully under. Apparently this has happened in the past, but I guess CM’s are not permitted from speaking about it on property, which makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom