So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day
First thoughts on Muppets Now?
Overall, a pretty great start. Not perfect or anything but some solid Muppets fun. I'd love to see some new stuff more along the lines of the Muppet movies or Muppets 2011 where it blends more story and complex emotions with the comedy (I want that Rainbow Connection moment showing it has more than just laughs). But a sketch show is the right call to kind of relaunch Muppets.

Segments best to worst:
  1. Okey Dokey Cooking - Exactly what I want from this show
  2. Muppet Masters - Something about it just really made me smile
  3. Mup Close - I'm excited for future versions of this segment, but I have never really watched much with RuPaul. I like them, but without a personal connection the interview parts fell a little flat
  4. Lifesty - Very classic Muppets feel. But a little too classic. Felt like I've seen all the jokes before. I liked Miss Piggy's cameo in Muppet Masters more lol

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So I watched 5 mins of Muppets Now, what is up with the voice of Kermit?
Me, after hearing Kermit's new voice:
3GS.gif

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
It has been faaarrrr too long since the last Sonic Game. Sonic Forces was on 2017 and was a short game sold at a discounted price partly as a proof of concept for the new engine that would let then make games faster.

I need more from Sonic than just an awesome Twitter account!

DisneyManOne

If Epic Universe truly is cancelled, and not just "postponed" to hear how Comcast is telling it, I wonder what they'll do with some of the concepts? I honestly think that if Epic Universe is cancelled, they'll do what they were gonna do originally and have Super Nintendo World replaced KidZone, and have Universal Monsters replace either Toon Lagoon or Lost Continent.

tcool123

If Epic Universe truly is cancelled, and not just "postponed" to hear how Comcast is telling it, I wonder what they'll do with some of the concepts? I honestly think that if Epic Universe is cancelled, they'll do what they were gonna do originally and have Super Nintendo World replaced KidZone, and have Universal Monsters replace either Toon Lagoon or Lost Continent.
Based on what the insiders have been saying on the other side of the forum currently Universal is “scrambling” to fit Nintendo World into KidZone. With DK acting as a phase two to save on costs and to allow for the Orlando Nintendo World to open quicker.

The rest is me spitballing and not saying anything an insider has said.

Id imagine HTTYD is going to be scrapped by them if they even get to working on Epic Universe again. While luckily (if you can call it that) Fantastic Beasts has three more films, and given that they’ll probably be delayed due to Hollywood releasing the 2020 slate into 2021 and the ammount of delays that will cause. Fantastic Beasts could poteniallh open alongside the last one in the franchise which by then could have righted the ship.

The last land on the table is Monsters, again as luck will have it this is the only land that truly is classic and could fir anywhere. They could leave it as Epic Universe fodder, or rework it to replace an area in World Expo at Studios or Lost Contintent which starting next week will be operating with 0 attractions.

I believe there were some stand a lone attractions planned as well in the plans for Epic Universe? If true they could throw that to World Expo in the Fear Factor Live spot which is going dark soon as well.

tcool123

Based on what the insiders have been saying on the other side of the forum currently Universal is “scrambling” to fit Nintendo World into KidZone. With DK acting as a phase two to save on costs and to allow for the Orlando Nintendo World to open quicker.

Id imagine HTTYD is going to be scrapped by them if they even get to working on Epic Universe again. While luckily (if you can call it that) Fantastic Beasts has three more films, and given that they’ll probably be delayed due to Hollywood releasing the 2020 slate into 2021 and the ammount of delays that will cause. Fantastic Beasts could poteniallh open alongside the last one in the franchise which by then could have righted the ship.

The last land on the table is Monsters, again as luck will have it this is the only land that truly is classic and could fir anywhere. They could leave it as Epic Universe fodder, or rework it to replace an area in World Expo at Studios or Lost Contintent which starting next week will be operating with 0 attractions.

I believe there were some stand a lone attractions planned as well in the plans for Epic Universe? If true they could throw that to World Expo in the Fear Factor Live spot which is going dark soon as well.
Mind you when I mean quicker I just mean compared to if they wait for Epic Universe to start up again. Not that it would open in two years, they would have to demolish most of KidZone first.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Getting Mario faster should definitely be a priority. If it was being pushed as an anchor for a new park and then not opening until like 6 years after other versions it wouldn't really look good.

Outside of Mario, none of the lands seemed like big must do exciting draws to me. Cool stuff, but nothing that feels like it has a huge "wow" factor. A THIRD Harry Potter land based on the least exciting movies, a land based Dreamworks third best trilogy (Madagascar is great, fight me @TheOriginalTiki!), and a solid filler land based on old movies (I see this as the Frontierland of the park. No one goes to Disney for Frontierland).

DashHaber

Getting Mario faster should definitely be a priority. If it was being pushed as an anchor for a new park and then not opening until like 6 years after other versions it wouldn't really look good.

Outside of Mario, none of the lands seemed like big must do exciting draws to me. Cool stuff, but nothing that feels like it has a huge "wow" factor. A THIRD Harry Potter land based on the least exciting movies, a land based Dreamworks third best trilogy (Madagascar is great, fight me @TheOriginalTiki!), and a solid filler land based on old movies (I see this as the Frontierland of the park. No one goes to Disney for Frontierland).
Exactly. Nintendo is easily the biggest draw that Epic Universe had to it, so there's no way they'd leave money on the table by not getting it into Universal Orlando as soon as they can.

tcool123

For me none of the lands had a huge draw tbh 😅
Also adding fuel to the DreamWorks fire, beyond Shrek, none of their IPs have lasted in popularity the way Disney has. This is not to discredit their work but Lilo and Stitch is still relevant while Madagascar, with three box office smashes, has faded away in popularity. For evidence look to Universal Singaore replacing its Madgascar land for more Minions a franchise that will outlive us all at this rate.

IDK what it is but Nintendo World to me looks cheap, tacky, and plasticy.

Luckily Nintendo has three strong IPs (Mario, Zelda 1/2 of Pokemon) to offee to Universal. Zelda while not being as huge would still be a bigger draw than Monsters, Fantastic Beasts, or HTTYD. If they use Breath of the Wild as a base I could easily see five rides based off elements of it:
- parachute drop tower w/ revalis gale as the storyline
- Goron mine cart coaster
- sand seal flat ride ala Maters/Swirling Saucers
- water raft ride throughout Zoras domain
- some big E-Ticket through Hyrule with Ganon at the end

(Ive actually put a lot of thought into a Zelda land cause Ive been working on one 😅)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
For me none of the lands had a huge draw tbh 😅
Also adding fuel to the DreamWorks fire, beyond Shrek, none of their IPs have lasted in popularity the way Disney has. This is not to discredit their work but Lilo and Stitch is still relevant while Madagascar, with three box office smashes, has faded away in popularity. For evidence look to Universal Singaore replacing its Madgascar land for more Minions a franchise that will outlive us all at this rate.

IDK what it is but Nintendo World to me looks cheap, tacky, and plasticy.

Luckily Nintendo has three strong IPs (Mario, Zelda 1/2 of Pokemon) to offee to Universal. Zelda while not being as huge would still be a bigger draw than Monsters, Fantastic Beasts, or HTTYD. If they use Breath of the Wild as a base I could easily see five rides based off elements of it:
- parachute drop tower w/ revalis gale as the storyline
- Goron mine cart coaster
- sand seal flat ride ala Maters/Swirling Saucers
- water raft ride throughout Zoras domain
- some big E-Ticket through Hyrule with Ganon at the end

(Ive actually put a lot of thought into a Zelda land cause Ive been working on one 😅)
Honestly kind of agree with Nintendo World. Hoping it looks better in person though. It is heavily based on the very safe and sanitized aesthetic of the New Super Mario Bros games. And that style has taken over basically the entire franchisee now. Mario used to be a lot more odd and have a lot more personality and that seems missing in the land. But I do love the kinetics and scale of it!

That sounds like a fantastic Zelda land! I'd personally prefer if it was based more on the classic OoT-Skyward Sword era of games. But Breath of the Wild had an amazing world and that lineup would be a great way to experience it!

tcool123

Honestly kind of agree with Nintendo World. Hoping it looks better in person though. It is heavily based on the very safe and sanitized aesthetic of the New Super Mario Bros games. And that style has taken over basically the entire franchisee now. Mario used to be a lot more odd and have a lot more personality and that seems missing in the land. But I do love the kinetics and scale of it!

That sounds like a fantastic Zelda land! I'd personally prefer if it was based more on the classic OoT-Skyward Sword era of games. But Breath of the Wild had an amazing world and that lineup would be a great way to experience it!
I also live the kinetics and definitely think at the end of the day its gonna be extremely fun and very modern putting many of Universals older rides to shame.

BOTW is the only one ive ever played ☠
But I’d wager it would be the style Universal would go with given its the best selling game of rhe franchise, and getting a direct sequel allowing for even more exposure.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I also live the kinetics and definitely think at the end of the day its gonna be extremely fun and very modern putting many of Universals older rides to shame.

BOTW is the only one ive ever played ☠
But I’d wager it would be the style Universal would go with given its the best selling game of rhe franchise, and getting a direct sequel allowing for even more exposure.
You should definitely play Wind Waker! It is the best in the series in my opinion. But BOTW is amazing and definitely the smart move

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom