Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie123

Pharma is getting $1 billion in funding to create their vaccine. That's enough $$ to build 2 AK Pandora's. They are just one of at least a half dozen companies about to receive that kind of windfall. If a solution is found (anyone watch the hydroxychloroquine video that was quickly banned on all platforms) all that $$ isn't needed. Astra-Zeneca is getting $1.2 billion. The maker of Remdesivire (sp?) Just announced they may charge $3,000 per dose.

$1 billion will make $8 to $10 million in interest/growth per month, if invested correctly. That's a lot of potential Ferrari's for Christmas bonuses.

Ok thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin_W

Pharma is getting $1 billion in funding to create their vaccine. That's enough $$ to build 2 AK Pandora's. They are just one of at least a half dozen companies about to receive that kind of windfall. If a solution is found (anyone watch the hydroxychloroquine video that was quickly banned on all platforms) all that $$ isn't needed. Astra-Zeneca is getting $1.2 billion. The maker of Remdesivire (sp?) Just announced they may charge $3,000 per dose.

$1 billion will make $8 to $10 million in interest/growth per month, if invested correctly. That's a lot of potential Ferrari's for Christmas bonuses.

If you're not questioning the "facts" that everyone is putting out, you need to start.

I'm gonna need some pretty think tinfoil for my hat.

RaiseTheShields

DLP opened with those resorts... it’s sadly what started the entire snowball down the hill. If it wasn’t for those resorts, we would be enjoying Westcot and Hyperion Bay on the west coast and who knows what all we would have gotten in Florida.
Really???? Wow. I don’t remember those being there. Getting old sucks. I stayed in some bedbug-ridden 💩hole when I was there.

October82

If you're not questioning the "facts" that everyone is putting out, you need to start.

Speaking of facts, vaccines typically do not make profit for the companies that develop and produce them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1596197466293.png

The decline in total cases is starting to level off instead of deep diving like it did for when NY and NJ were the hot spots.

And here's why...

1596197501467.png

kong1802

Considering that the US economy alone contracted by about $2.15 trillion in the 2nd quarter, I'd say a $1 billion investment towards fixing the worst health and economic crisis of our generation is probably a warranted move.

I kind of like the idea that its all for a few Ferraris.

Kevin_W

View attachment 488047

The decline in total cases is starting to level off instead of deep diving like it did for when NY and NJ were the hot spots.

And here's why...

View attachment 488048

Scaled to the same population (i.e. multiplying Florida #'s by 0.9), the curves do not look terribly dissimilar for Florida's current surge and NYC's original. To follow NY, the past 3-4 days should have gone down more sharply, one hopes we'll see that soon. But then again, NY's peak was early April when things were much more restricted than they are today in FL.

1596199781060.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Scaled to the same population (i.e. multiplying Florida #'s by 0.9), the curves do not look terribly dissimilar for Florida's current surge and NYC's original. To follow NY, the past 3-4 days should have gone down more sharply, one hopes we'll see that soon. But then again, NY's peak was early April when things were much more restricted than they are today in FL.

View attachment 488051
Yeah. It is difficult to make a direct comparison. Personally, I would expect the decline to be more gradual. But I could be way off. Hah.

The Mom

Premium Member
Just to reiterate.

Many posts were deleted because of the same circular arguments. Stating false (or unproven) information of a political nature, or making otherwise political statements is not allowed. Comparing Covid with the seasonal flu , other causes of death (we're all going to die of something so why worry about spreading this) mostly old/sick people are going to die so let the rest of us get on with our lives, etc. comments are going to be deleted. They are very hurtful to those who have lost loved ones - especially a loved one who does not fit the profile- who are reading here.

Posts questioning moderation are also deleted per the ToS. Along with those insulting/arguing with other posters.

I am sure there are hundreds of websites out there where you can argue anything you want about this with no moderation at all.

toolsnspools

Speaking of facts, vaccines typically do not make profit for the companies that develop and produce them.
You wouldn't consider the $955 million that Pharma has already been given a profit? That's before they sell a single vaccine. They will get plenty more if/when they actually have a working product.

Flugell

You wouldn't consider the $955 million that Pharma has already been given a profit? That's before they sell a single vaccine. They will get plenty more if/when they actually have a working product.
If they use it to successfully develop an effective vaccine I would consider it a bargain! Even if they don’t find a vaccine they still need money to undertake research, which may or not help other vaccine developers.

toolsnspools

Considering that the US economy alone contracted by about $2.15 trillion in the 2nd quarter, I'd say a $1 billion investment towards fixing the worst health and economic crisis of our generation is probably a warranted move.
See here for all the funding opportunities-

This is a $Trillion (1,000 billion) honey pot, and there are many ways to get a piece of the pie.

Many of those telling me to wear a tin hat are the same ones that like to complain about how terrible the 1% can be. To think that noone is taking advantage of this is to choose to be blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom