Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

mm52200

Speaking of equity actors, does lion king use equity actors? Has TWDC considered replacing these actors?
Yes, the singers, tumble monkeys, fire twirler, and the ballet bird couple are all equity.
You can’t a run a show that has equity performers without them or replace them.

However, you can open “new shows” that are slightly reworked, or have a name change. Since these count as new productions they don’t have to have equity. However though, any actor with scripted lines, live singers, or dancers of a certain level have to be equity performers, so they do have to work around those limitations.

Archie123

Please can they bring back temporarily Wishes or any retired fireworks show that doesn't require projections in the castle. Just fireworks with music and lights is fine.

Probably not since people will congregate in areas to get the best view and Disney doesn’t want or need that. Even if they tried to socially distance the crowds it would be difficult at night.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The big issues are figuring out who gets what spot (a Tokyo like lottery system supposedly came up at some point, but I doubt that got past the “pitching” phase), how do you stop people without designated spots from stopping and crowding things, and what do you do when the show is over?
These are indeed considered huge issues.

Its also been flagged how much viewing has been eroded over the years by structures and trees. You can’t make tape boxes under a tree.

Patcheslee

March 1st 2021. There isn't much logical reason except if they want to keep the same operational hours pyro could still be scheduled without extending.
Or I'm completely off base and it's February 29th :hilarious:

jt04

These are indeed considered huge issues.

Its also been flagged how much viewing has been eroded over the years by structures and trees. You can’t make tape boxes under a tree.

I'm just happy to hear stadium seating may be on the table for the lagoon. Would be a great addition.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Assuming each party can stand in a metre square box, and with the minimum of 1 metre between boxes, 650 parties could see a lagoon show. 1300 parties if you staggered a second row one metre behind the first. Even if every party had four people on average and with two rows that’s less a capacity of just over 5000 guests.

And that’s based on one metre, or three foot.

With masks of course.
Isn't that more than the number of people showing up to Epcot right now?

crawale

When the pandemic ends. You can't do night time in the parks because the sun is necessary to destroy the virus. That's why protests at night were so terrible for super spreading... no sun is no UV rays is virus gets to live on stuff much longer.
So what do you do when the sun isn't out? When it rains - which it does all the time in Florida - do you scuttle back to your bunker. I hope this was a joke.

WDW Pro

So what do you do when the sun isn't out? When it rains - which it does all the time in Florida - do you scuttle back to your bunker. I hope this was a joke.

Well regardless of the satire, the issues have changed now. There is no incentive for Disney to have anything at night currently until attendance can improve. Everything until that point will be based around how to lower expenditures.

Touchdown

Well regardless of the satire, the issues have changed now. There is no incentive for Disney to have anything at night currently until attendance can improve. Everything until that point will be based around how to lower expenditures.

But there I think we have the problem:

Attendance won’t improve until there is more entertainment.

Prince Thomas

32,322 dead compared to 5,930?o_O
EE928BBF-51BF-4A10-92C6-8335C3CC896C.gif

TTA94

Original Poster
Definitely going to be a issue with capacity, as it currently is, and park reservations once evenings and nighttime shows return. I think a lot of people are holding off and waiting for that to happen.

NickPytlinski

lets be honest, it seems the hotter the country the more covid cases they have at the moment.
im not scientist but something seems out lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom