Your Disney Memorabilia

Chernabog1940

Beach towel from the mid-1980s
IMG_3377.JPG

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Disclaimer, this is not my collection, but I had to share the absolute coolest collection display I've ever seen. I have a few of these pieces, but this person's display is insane!

OMG! I am beyond jealous! I've never looked at these collectibles before (likely because my kids were too young and I rarely had time to step into a shop then and now they're teens and I feel guilty looking shops like these 😂)!! Do the trees go with the set as well or are those just "hobby" trees? Would love to collect these!!

Pepper's Ghost

OMG! I am beyond jealous! I've never looked at these collectibles before (likely because my kids were too young and I rarely had time to step into a shop then and now they're teens and I feel guilty looking shops like these 😂)!! Do the trees go with the set as well or are those just "hobby" trees? Would love to collect these!!
eBay has many of the pieces, and some are reasonably priced compared to original retail cost, but that's relative. :) The mansions retailed for $400 each on ShopDisney.

Most of the trees I see in the vid are part the Olszewski pieces. Most of the ones I have already have trees on the pieces like in these two...

Edit: reposting the pics.

NelleBelle

eBay has many of the pieces, and some are reasonably priced compared to original retail cost, but that's relative. :) The mansions retailed for $400 each on ShopDisney.

Most of the trees I see in the vid are part the Olszewski pieces. Most of the ones I have already have trees on the pieces like in these two...

Edit: reposting the pics.
Very impressive!!

donaldtoo

Other than a few Disney books that I have out (animation, Imagineering, Walt biographies, etc.), my other books and memorabilia are in our walk-in closet in boxes or bags.
Among those items are 4 Disney photostats and one partial, original Donald Duck color animation drawing from a 1980 cartoon.
The photostats are copies that were made from original graphite drawings to be used by other animators as model sheets for drawing the characters.
They came from a reputable dealer, have been authenticated, and they came with the certificates of authenticity.
Below are pics of 2 of the model sheets I took back in April of ‘17...!!! :)

E25CD6FA-EB09-4483-9DC0-C1CF8CE1DD9E.jpeg
671CF9C8-1763-4D96-B36A-3A9F096BA122.jpeg

ETA...
The other 2 photostats I have are another (different) Donald Duck model sheet and one of Pluto.

Last edited:

SirWillow

My backdrops for my videos have a little bit. I also have another shelf unit at home that you can see in my live feeds.

Oh, and then there are the 2 file cabinets just to the sides of these shelves that are filled with park brochures, maps, pamphlets, employee magazines, and things like that, and covered with magnets...

yeah, I have a little bit of an issue. :p

Attachments

• DSC_0524.JPG
    DSC_0524.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0535.JPG
    DSC_0535.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 73

keyframe

Is it just me, or isn't it a bit self-absorbed to be drawing a picture of yourself??? 🤣🤪🙃

Not at all. It’s very common practice for an animator to self-reference with a mirror at their desk or to provide reference to colleagues by physically acting out scenes and actions. This piece is representative of that practice and the craft of animation in general. Plus, it’s simply a nice homage to what started it all.

Pepper's Ghost

Not at all. It’s very common practice for an animator to self-reference with a mirror at their desk or to provide reference to colleagues by physically acting out scenes and actions. This piece is representative of that practice and the craft of animation in general. Plus, it’s simply a nice homage to what started it all.
Totally cool. I was just kidding. Not sure why my self-portrait always has a thick head of hair, and 6-pack abs. I also can't explain why I draw me shirtless. 🤣🤪

EdnaMode

I don't really have any collections or memorabilia, I guess, but in about May/June of 2001, we took our son to Disneyland for his first time. We grew up going there, but hadn't been in several years. (Queue up allllll the horror for California Adventure at that time - Yikes.)

We tried to buy a pin for all of the rides he went on and characters we met (why, yes, as a matter of a fact, he IS an only child....why do you ask??) but I know we missed several of both. For instance, that Orange Stinger thing at California Adventure. I think it was so bad it didn't have a pin?? (Then again, Superstar Limo had one, so....) I think we might have just gotten tired of buying pins, I don't remember why we don't have one for everything? I've never created a little display board for them yet (it's been 20 years, so I guess it's unlikely?) so I just sat these out on a pillowcase for a photo.

I also have about 14 or 15 Nightmare Before Christmas FunkoPop figures and a Jack Skellington pumpkin figure that I put on our mantel every year at Halloween. (That's the sum total of our Halloween decos.....)

These collections are amazing and really fun to look at, thanks to everyone who shared!

IMG_6409.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 4.36.47 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom