POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

peter11435

It's eight months away, seems a bit premature to be making that prediction.

I don't think the mask mandate lasts past Christmas, personally, but nothing would shock me.
5 months ago we were talking about what impact the virus might have on WDW and 4 months ago they were closed. Since that time the situation has only gotten worse, I see no reason to think it’s going to do a 180 any time soon.

Lirael

It's eight months away, seems a bit premature to be making that prediction.

I don't think the mask mandate lasts past Christmas, personally, but nothing would shock me.
Back in March when I was forced to cancel my vacation trip (Japan...), I remember looking at my September Disney trip and thinking "Whew, at least that's far away, I don't need to cancel that since in 6 months time this will all be over". And here we are.

carolina_yankee

I have no plans and will have no plans to visit WDW until quarantine issues get sorted out, which means getting numbers sorted out. I likely won't go until Jambo House is fully open and certain key attractions are running again.

I won't go in the summer due to masks, but will have zero issues with being masked in cooler months. I would like to go to WDW as soon as possible, but I'm prepared to and expect to write 2021 off.

Animaniac93-98

Masks will remain in place way into 2021 (like I said a few months ago).

This will be true for many travel suppliers, not just Disney.

Even if a vaccine is made, not everyone will have access to it right away...or even choose to get it (a separate discussion for another thread).

Cruise ships, hotels, airlines, etc won't take the risk of word getting out that an infected person was using their product.

CaptainAmerica

5 months ago we were talking about what impact the virus might have on WDW and 4 months ago they were closed. Since that time the situation has only gotten worse, I see no reason to think it’s going to do a 180 any time soon.
Back in March when I was forced to cancel my vacation trip (Japan...), I remember looking at my September Disney trip and thinking "Whew, at least that's far away, I don't need to cancel that since in 6 months time this will all be over". And here we are.
Past performance is not an indicator of future results.

What you're saying is essentially "it's been raining the last six days so there's no way it could possibly be sunny tomorrow."

CaptainAmerica

This will be true for many travel suppliers, not just Disney.

Even if a vaccine is made, not everyone will have access to it right away...or even choose to get it (a separate discussion for another thread).

Cruise ships, hotels, airlines, etc won't take the risk of word getting out that an infected person was using their product.
The federal government has already ordered 100 million doses of Pfizer's vaccine with an option to buy another 400 million. They're going into production before they even complete their clinical trials. The first 100 million will be produced by the end of 2020.

Animaniac93-98

The federal government has already ordered 100 million doses of Pfizer's vaccine with an option to buy another 400 million. They're going into production before they even complete their clinical trials.

Reread the second sentence in my post.

Like the Flu Shot, a vaccine may not give 100% immunity either. As long as there is a major risk of spread, travel suppliers will not significantly modify the safety policies they've spent months and millions preparing.

CaptainAmerica

More like: it's been raining for the last six days, so there possibility of everywhere still being wet tomorrow -rain or no- is very high
Still no reason to cancel my trip TODAY. If masks are still required in March, I'll cancel my April trip. I gain absolutely nothing by cancelling today.

Mando58

Heading to WDW Labor Day weekend. I will be hitting Universal first for a day and a half and then over to WDW for 3 days. I went to Universal for the 4th of July and it was not crowded, all wore mask. I was a good time.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Other than the virus issue, most people (myself included) are still unemployed. Chances are good I won't be able to spend a mortgage payment on a theme park trip anytime in the near future. And why the rush anyway Disney hardly maintains their rides over in Florida so you're paying for a so-called premium experience without the premium.

Heppenheimer

Several things need to happen before I'll go to Disney World again.

1) I and all of my family need to be vaccinated.

2) Vaccination levels of the general population need to be high enough to make up for any shortfalls in the vaccine's efficacy.

3) The case numbers in the Orlando area need to be low enough so that I can travel there and back without a mandatory quarantine upon my return.

4) Operations have returned to a level of normalcy to justify the time, effort and cost to visit again.

Right now, I don't realistically see all four conditions being met until 2022 at the earliest. We might hit #1-3 sometime in 2021, but until Disney starts seeing a steady stream of guests again, they won't have the cash flows needed to operate at something approaching their former normal.

Last edited:

carolina_yankee

2) Vaccination levels of the general population need to be high enough to make up for any shortfalls in the vaccine's efficacy.

3) The case numbers in the Orlando area need to be low enough so that I can travel there and back without a mandatory quarantine upon my return.

4) Operations have returned to a level of normalcy to justify the time, effort and cost to visit again.

Right now, I don't realistically see all four conditions being met until 2022 at the earliest. We might hit #1-3 sometime in 2021, but until Disney starts seeing a steady flow of guests again, they won't have the cash flows needed to operate at something approaching their former normal.

#4 is the big one for me. I've written off MK's 50th celebration, and without complaint. I get that Disney can't make spectacular due to COVID and finances. I'm likely writing off Epcot's 40th due to the shape Epcot is in. If that can be a nice blast, then I can see a 2022 trip. I'm considering holding my fire until AK's 25th so there there is a strong chance of a nice celebration and the new headliners will have died down a bit so waits won't be horrific.

For comparison, until now, Disney was a 1-2x a year thing for me. Now I don't see it for at least 2 years, and maybe 3.

G00fyDad

Right now, I don't realistically see all four conditions being met until 2022 at the earliest. We might hit #1-3 sometime in 2021, but until Disney starts seeing a steady flow of guests again, they won't have the cash flows needed to operate at something approaching their former normal.

This is precisely how I feel about returning. 👍👍👍

Dizneykid

We stayed home more or less exclusively until July and we couldn't let our summer slip away. We started slow but we've been doing as much as we can in the safest possible way. We've done retail shopping, ice cream, outdoor dining, beach, indoor dining, and visited with small groups of family. We wore masks for everything except visiting family. We asked if they preferred masks and they said no. We always tell people where we've been before visiting so they have a choice to wait until another time.

I think Disney sounds extremely safe and I would go for sure. I would also quarantine upon my return out of an abundance of caution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom