Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Jrb1979

You have been one of the most outspoken advocates for closing Disney despite that they are mandating stricter safety measures than anywhere I can think of. I've always been pro-masks but also don't see any evidence for shutting down any business doing this safely. I will bet a hundred bucks that a majority of these cases in Florida are from people who are taking bigger risks.
Disney can have all the safe measures in the world in place. The problem is people outside of Florida traveling to Disney.

Dizneykid

There's nothing "positive" about the situation. However, it isn't the worst pandemic to ever hit humanity and isn't the apocalypse either. Life doesn't need to completely stop in response and WDW can operate as currently configured without endangering the population.

I actually take this virus very seriously but we've been going out with our masks. It was eye opening to see how many people are doing the same. The media has a way of making a narrative. More people want to live life than not and masks have paved us a way to do it safely. HLN interviewed a man visiting Disney after it opened. She kept trying to bait him into saying something bad and he wouldn't. He said he never felt safer than at Disney.

havoc315

There, I brought it up. The poster I replied to is suggesting that strict full lockdowns are the right thing to do and would have "smashed" the virus if they were done in Florida. I brought up Sweden because they didn't do that.

I really don't get why anyone would point to Sweden's choices -- Sweden has been a total disaster. 10 times worse than their border countries. Their mortality rate will soon surpass countries that were hit hard and early.
Sweden is 1 of the few countries that have actually handled Coronavirus nearly as badly as the USA.

Jrb1979

How could you possibly know this when you live in Canada.
From what people are posting here about grocery stores and people not wearing masks. The fact airlines are filling planes with no social distancing in place. In all honesty you're much better off driving to Disney and only stopping for gas til you get there.

Dizneykid

Inside the park people are following the rules but outside the park most aren't. You have to travel to through the places where people aren't following rules to get to the park.

What are you referring to? Airlines require masks as far as I know. People have been flying all along. There aren't many businesses left that aren't focusing on new safety. You have to follow the rules at Disney. Why does it matter much what people do outside of that if the park itself literally screens guests and makes them wear a mask everywhere? Masks either work or they don't.
I'm going go bring up the protests again too (NOT POLITICAL) because most Disney closure enthusiasts were confidently vouching for the mass protests as low risk while a theme park with strict guidelines is considered evil. If the protests didn't prove that masks work, what would? I can't for the life of me understand the targeted outrage being hurled at Disney over any other theme park currently open.

DisneyCane

No, it isn’t. Park attendance being stopped is a mild inconvenience. I know all about it. Cast would expect their elected leaders to provide some support.

Buy hey.

Activities like going to WDW are part of actually living life. Elected leaders can't just keep spending money that doesn't exist to let people survive. Eventually the amount of money printing worldwide to deal with this is going to hurt everybody. The more they print, the worse it will eventually be.

WDW862

Hardly.

Closing the parks is not life coming to a standstill.
Im not saying that Disney should/shouldn't close, but for much of our economy, closing the park is life coming to a standstill. Watch what happens when 100k people are furloughed for a long period of time.

DisneyCane

What are you referring to? Airlines require masks as far as I know. People have been flying all along. There aren't many businesses left that aren't focusing on new safety. You have to follow the rules at Disney. Why does it matter much what people do outside of that if the park itself literally screens guests and makes them wear a mask everywhere? Masks either work or they don't.
I'm going go bring up the protests again too (NOT POLITICAL) because most Disney closing enthusiasts were confidently vouching for the mass protests as low risk while a theme park with strict guidelines is considered evil. If the protests didn't prove that masks work, what would? I can't for the life of me understand the targeted outrage being hurled at Disney over any other theme park currently open.

A lot of the argument that WDW shouldn't be open comes from the attitude that asks, "how can you possibly try and enjoy anything while people are dying of COVID?"

It isn't about safety or the science of spread at WDW under the current measures.

Jrb1979

I'm going go bring up the protests again too (NOT POLITICAL) because most Disney closing enthusiasts were confidently vouching for the mass protests as low risk while a theme park with strict guidelines is considered evil. If the protests didn't prove that masks work, what would? I can't for the life of me understand the targeted outrage being hurled at Disney over any other theme park currently open.
The outrage comes from the fact theme parks being open draw people from out of state. Considering that most states are putting in quarantine rules they really don't want people traveling. Its one thing if it were just locals going but it's not.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hardly.

Closing the parks is not life coming to a standstill.

This.

Perspective - People need to get a healthy dose of it. A theme park closing isn't "life coming to a standstill". It's an inconvenience for most of us, and it's admittedly terrible for some, like CMs, without a doubt. Getting sick and dying, or losing people you care for and love is "life coming to a standstill". Going to WDW? Right now it's a nice bonus, staying healthy is priority 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom