MLS coming to WDW

rabidstoat

I believe the idea was that resort, WWoS, and production staff would, in fact, be tested daily. For players, there were to be multiple layers of screening- prior to travel to Orlando, quarantine upon arrival, and then daily testing. In theory, this would limit exposure. Teams are isolated from regular guests at resorts, and masks/distancing are being enforced.

During the broadcast last night, the commentators mentioned a significant number of false positive tests- that is, players and staff with positive test results which are not confirmed by additional/subsequent testing.

I really hope that false positives are to blame for the postponement of today’s game. I love having soccer back, and I really like the tournament format!

I'm not sure if MLS is staying at the Grand Floridian like the NBA, but at least at the Grand Floridian I've heard there are no other guests. There are, of course, staff who are working there, who may or may not be tested regularly as you said. No guests makes a lot more sense than mixing them at a resort with guests, which I was confused on!

peter11435

I'm not sure if MLS is staying at the Grand Floridian like the NBA, but at least at the Grand Floridian I've heard there are no other guests. There are, of course, staff who are working there, who may or may not be tested regularly as you said. No guests makes a lot more sense than mixing them at a resort with guests, which I was confused on!
MLS is at Swan/Dolphin not the Grand Floridian. There are guests at the Grand Floridian. The GF villas are open as are some dining venues at the resort. They have set up a fence to separate guests from NBA.

rabidstoat

MLS is at Swan/Dolphin not the Grand Floridian. There are guests at the Grand Floridian. The GF villas are open as are some dining venues at the resort. They have set up a fence to separate guests from NBA.

Oh, well, I suppose guest contact is no worse than employee contact. I was thinking at first it would be bad as generally, you don't want to socialize with people from a lot of different areas as it increases your chances of someone having the virus, but probably the biggest chance of people having the virus will be the employees right there from Florida.

Ben_since_1971

Watching the Seattle/San Jose game now. They accidentally played the pop song “Meet Me in the Midde” over the PA system during what was supposed to be a moment of silence for BLM solidarity before the game. Oops!

Also, the production team seems to have fixed the Camera 1 blind spot issue.

EDIT: I noticed that there is no promotion/advertisement/logo of Wide World of Sports, WDW, or Disney anywhere during the televised game. Seems like something of a missed opportunity?

MLS has all sorts of sponsors they need to satisfy first. I have seen some static boards with WDW on it though. They are even highlighting local sponsors. If you notice the right and left side displays are in team colors and those will rotate through the local sponsors. I even saw one of our local (Revs) sponsors on the sideline field level board. I am sure there probably is some WWoS ads going on just not prevalent.
Ok. Both of tonight’s games (airing on FOX networks) feature fake fan crowd audio. The games that air on ESPN don’t play this and instead use an array of mics to let the audience hear the players and coaches.

Fake fan sounds. Next they’ll just digitally insert the top-tier players, who will play from home on their PlayStation5s.

If you stream the Fox broadcasts, the Fox app gives an option with no crowd noise. Interesting thing though was the feed was just a raw feed so at halftime you saw and heard some of the BTS stuff in the studio. While it’s a novel concept, the fake noise is just too fake.

_caleb

If you stream the Fox broadcasts, the Fox app gives an option with no crowd noise. Interesting thing though was the feed was just a raw feed so at halftime you saw and heard some of the BTS stuff in the studio. While it’s a novel concept, the fake noise is just too fake.
AGREE. I saw that- cool feature (though I can’t seem to find a way to toggle off the crowd noise in Hulu). Maybe they could make background music an option. It’d be a much better approach to different language commentary if they could figure out the rights.

PREMiERdrum

I didn’t see a game.. I saw a team who looked like they should be playing in a tourney with my son’s 10U travel team, not in the MLS. 🤦‍♀️
Good job to the Crew though. FCC has some work to do, hopefully adjustments will be made now that the new coach was able to observe the team during a match.

I’ve been less disgusted during a Bengals game.. which says a lot. FCC is supposed to be our shining star, not another heartache. :(

FCC has a pretty great foundation and will be formidable in the future.. they're more Redlegs than Bengals. ;)

(CLE sports fan born and raised in CBus.. I get it!)

ImperfectPixie

That's the Swan and Dolphin hotel where MLS is staying at. Looks like not quite Disney standards. Yes that hallway carpet is disgusting.
That hallway carpet is filthy, needs to be replaced. I see that in $60 a night places
Actually it might not be...we stayed there when the carpet was brand new in 2016...the darker area in the middle is part of the design. It's supposed to look like it's under water, but it's not a good look for a hotel hall rug at all and doesn't achieve the desired effect. (My husband is a flooring/carpet installer...we had a pretty in-depth conversation about it when we saw it, lol.)

ETA: The darker part is supposed to look like the water is deeper in the middle of the hallway. Even brand new, it failed to achieve the "under water" look that was intended, and only succeeded in making the carpet look like it was threadbare and nasty in the middle from the first day it was installed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom