HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

BrianLo

First phase of quarantine facilities in Penny's Bay is now complete
And I have to say they actually look quite nice :0
Too nice that I feel like they'd stay for quite a while,
which makes me worry if they'd hinder the resort's second gate development

This mostly occupies a future parking lot expansion and maybe some backstage. It's more on the edge of the second gate plot than actually occupying it.

HKDLer

This mostly occupies a future parking lot expansion and maybe some backstage. It's more on the edge of the second gate plot than actually occupying it.
The initial 100 units which opened today, along with phase 2 (another 700 units that are under construction) already occupy part of the second gate plot. The government also announced plans to expand the facility and provide 3500 units eventually.

This video shows the magnitude of the project:

Last edited:

HKDLer

Right.
Also, as you can see, the width of the castle is around 4-5houses in the Arendelle town area. No guest will be able to see the castle from the side and the back.

If we reference to the aerial view of the castle, the footprint of the castle, excluding the courtyard, seems quite similar to the one in HK, my concern is how to create the courtyard and it’s depth from the wall to the castle.View attachment 484585View attachment 484582
The prop castle, having a similar size to Sleeping Beauty Castle, will look great from afar by the lake with the help of forced perspective. I think it's such a missed opportunity that guests won't be able to enter the castle when they have enough space this time. They should have built it like Tokyo's BatB where the castle bridge and courtyard form part of the queue, which will greatly enhance the entire experience.

This is from ep5 of the Imagineering Story. I'm not sure if this and Charita Carter are related to HKDL's Frozen project.
70aefb0bc63f58e780177f6f63f0b5062dab4c5e.png

This pic of TDS Cape Cod (minus the volcano) is a good indication of how Arendelle village will look like:
american_waterfront_003.jpg

Photo: tdrfan.com

I really like the socially distanced Country Bear greetings at WDW and old atmosphere shows at TDS. Some rooftop performances can make the area feel lively without getting too cramped on the walkway, because I don't think the size of the lake can accommodate water shows...

Last edited:

IMDREW

The prop castle, having a similar size to Sleeping Beauty Castle, will look great from afar by the lake with the help of forced perspective. I think it's such a missed opportunity that guests won't be able to enter the castle when they have enough space this time. They should have built it like Tokyo's BatB where the castle bridge and courtyard form part of the queue, which will greatly enhance the entire experience.

This is from ep5 of the Imagineering Story. I'm not sure if this and Charita Carter are related to HKDL's Frozen project.
That actually looks like the castle replica miniature prop inside the Frozen Ever After attraction after the drop.

This pic of TDS Cape Cod (minus the volcano) is a good indication of how Arendelle village will look like:
american_waterfront_003.jpg

Photo: tdrfan.com

I really like the socially distanced Country Bear greetings at WDW and old atmosphere shows at TDS. Some rooftop performances can make the area feel lively without getting too cramped on the walkway, because I don't think the size of the lake can accommodate water shows...

Totally agree! Especially when guests already cannot enter the Fantasyland Castle (both SBC and Castle of Magical Dreams), they really should try to compensate by letting guests enter the Castle in Arendelle. Sad it's again another props castle.

disney.dreams

Totally agree! Especially when guests already cannot enter the Fantasyland Castle (both SBC and Castle of Magical Dreams), they really should try to compensate by letting guests enter the Castle in Arendelle. Sad it's again another props castle.
maybe its because getting too near to the arendelle castle will break the forced perspective?
but I really want to enter the castle just like the 'for the first time in forever' scene : (

Asa

That actually looks like the castle replica miniature prop inside the Frozen Ever After attraction after the drop.

Why they didn't let the ride splash into the lake when there is a prop castle besides it is just beyond me. Now they have two prop castles, one outside the ride and one inside the ride, and neither of them are great.

Why they didn't let the ride splash into the lake when there is a prop castle besides it is just beyond me. Now they have two prop castles, one outside the ride and one inside the ride, and neither of them are great.
Agree! Especially when the Park lacks a Splash Mountain-type ride as well...

HKDLer

Videos of the new Adventurers Suite at Disney Explorers Lodge!

I heard that they're refurbishing the rooms at Hollywood Hotel during the coronavirus downtime. If this holds true I'm sure they'd be remodelling some of the rooms into Marvel suites like the ones Paris will receive.

Videos of the new Adventurers Suite at Disney Explorers Lodge!

I heard that they're refurbishing the rooms at Hollywood Hotel during the coronavirus downtime. If this holds true I'm sure they'd be remodelling some of the rooms into Marvel suites like the ones Paris will receive.

OMG! The suite is insanely detailed! UV hidden characters and horoscopes...

Record-breaking 105 new local cases of COVID-19 today. Starting to doubt if the Park can reopen by its 15th anniversary.

By the way, I'm curious about how the landscape of Arendelle will change the scenery of the park. How tall will the two mountains be? How far away will the guests be able to see them? E.g. within or even beyond Fantasyland?

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Record-breaking 105 new local cases of COVID-19 today. Starting to doubt if the Park can reopen by its 15th anniversary.

By the way, I'm curious about how the landscape of Arendelle will change the scenery of the park. How tall will the two mountains be? How far away will the guests be able to see them? E.g. within or even beyond Fantasyland?
Forgive me but only 105 cases? How big is HKDL's local area??? WI had over 1100 yesturday!

HKDLer

Forgive me but only 105 cases? How big is HKDL's local area??? WI had over 1100 yesturday!
7.5 million. The US numbers could have been much lower given the lower population density. In HK it's almost impossible to maintain physical distance unless a lockdown is implemented.

disney.dreams

7.5 million. The US numbers could have been much lower given the lower population density. In HK it's almost impossible to maintain physical distance unless a lockdown is implemented.
the size of Hong Kong is just 1106 square kilometer, while the size of WI is 169,639 square kilometer
local infection chains could easily be formed in such a crowded place.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom