Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Who knows how legit this is. I kinda doubt that more workers wouldn‘t have broken their silence if it is true. I guess there is a fear of losing their job, but there are ways to do it anonymously. Either way, I’ve said this before, anyone who visits a theme park in FL and thinks there aren’t workers there who are infected right now is kidding themselves. People know the risk going in.

oceanbreeze77

Who knows how legit this is. I kinda doubt that more workers wouldn‘t have broken their silence if it is true. I guess there is a fear of losing their job, but there are ways to do it anonymously. Either way, I’ve said this before, anyone who visits a theme park in FL and thinks there aren’t workers there who are infected right now is kidding themselves. People know the risk going in.
its so specific, I feel its legit.

Touchdown

He mentions one sister park and calls things attractions, sea world/busch gardens would call them rides, so I assume he is a Universal employee.

Casper Gutman

Anecdotes like this have been circulating over at InsideUniversal for weeks.

I really don’t understand why you think employees would break their silence - they would be risking being fired during a pandemic with sky-high unemployment. And if they did it anonymously, it would show up as anecdotes online - which is what we’re seeing. I strongly suspect both WDW and Universal are watching social media like hawks for any leaks.

And I don’t think a lot of people do know the risk - folks at every level of government and Disney itself are downplaying the risks. WDW is all about creating a bubble of safety, away from the trials of the real world. And that brand is very, very misleading right now, especially for people who want to be misled.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
its so specific, I feel its legit.
I’m not saying it isn’t legit, just that we don’t know one way or the other. I don’t blame someone who would want to stay anonymous when positing this if it is real but it hurts the credibility. We don’t even know the person really works at a theme park Universal? or maybe Sea World? Both could be interpreted as having sister properties if you include Aquatica.

rk03221

I used to work at Disney and still know many cms there. I personally know of two who have recently just tested positive.

oceanbreeze77

Back to the point of this thread:

Theme parks are not safe to be open right now.

They may take precautions, you may FEEL safe, but theme parks should not be open.

Theres a reason Disneyland is not allowed to open. There is a reason that we need to start small when it comes to reopening things.

Theme parks should not be open.

lazyboy97o

*Plays clip of Fauci saying that people should NOT be wearing masks.*
That is absolutely NOT what Fauci said. But go off.
You need to go back and check what was said and include more context. He said masks would not protect the wearer and that remains true. He also said people who are sick should wear masks. What changed is the understanding of who is contagious. The initial assumption was that this is like other respiratory illnesses, that being contagious coincides with symptoms.

Last edited:

Moka

I'm going to put what I said about this post here on this thread as well.

In response to that Reddit post, the problem with that is it could be devastatingly real in 100% of the way, or... it could be greatly exaggerated.

I in no way doubt employees have tested positive for the virus. By this point, it's not even close to a surprise. However... 12-20 PER ATTRACTION? I don't know. It seems everyone believes this post here but this is one post with zero sources of quite literally anything. It's a guy spewing out stuff. Again, I by no means think that is 100% fake, a lot of it is possibly truth about many testing positive. But at the same time a lot of it could be a stretch.

This very much sounds like it could be something like Seaworld since it does mention a sister park (Busch Gardens), and it never exposed which park they were talking about. Definitely not Disney since it just opened. Universal... has 3 parks around, and they've been doing better. Remembering how Seaworld and Busch Gardens are the ones doing pretty bad mask enforcement wise and sometimes distancing.

Casper Gutman

I'm going to put what I said about this post here on this thread as well.

In response to that Reddit post, the problem with that is it could be devastatingly real in 100% of the way, or... it could be greatly exaggerated.

I in no way doubt employees have tested positive for the virus. By this point, it's not even close to a surprise. However... 12-20 PER ATTRACTION? I don't know. It seems everyone believes this post here but this is one post with zero sources of quite literally anything. It's a guy spewing out stuff. Again, I by no means think that is 100% fake, a lot of it is possibly truth about many testing positive. But at the same time a lot of it could be a stretch.

This very much sounds like it could be something like Seaworld since it does mention a sister park (Busch Gardens), and it never exposed which park they were talking about. Definitely not Disney since it just opened. Universal... has 3 parks around, and they've been doing better. Remembering how Seaworld and Busch Gardens are the ones doing pretty bad mask enforcement wise and sometimes distancing.
Oh, I am sure there is hyperbole, if this post is true at all. But I think that the ideas it plays on - that there have been cases among theme park staff, and that theme park execs are taking extreme steps to obscure this - ring true, even if this is a hoaxer.

I’m pretty sure we’re going to see news stories of outbreaks at the parks. WDW in particular has a huge target on their back.

CaptainAmerica

The initial assumption was that this is like other respiratory illnesses, that being contagious coincides with symptoms.
Uh.

That's exactly my point. "The science has changed" is being used as excuse to justify things we got wrong in the past, but "the science" that's being professed TODAY is infallible and not similarly subject to change.

lazyboy97o

Uh.

That's exactly my point. "The science has changed" is being used as excuse to justify things we got wrong in the past, but "the science" that's being professed TODAY is infallible and not similarly subject to change.
Who has said the science today is not subject to change? What new evidence is challenging the widespread view? Realizing that we have a poor understanding of who is contagious is the exact opposite of claiming infallibility. Masks are the result of being less certain.

jaklgreen

So my state, CO, which is still mostly good (we are not on NY's quarantine list yet)... The Governor just changed "last call" from 2AM to 10PM.
I expect more lawsuits and sheriffs not planning on enforcing it.

What is it with people needing to go out and drink? I mean, can't grown adults abstain for a few months or just buy some at the store to imbibe at home? I don't get it.

CaptainAmerica

Who has said the science today is not subject to change? What new evidence is challenging the widespread view? Realizing that we have a poor understanding of who is contagious is the exact opposite of claiming infallibility. Masks are the result of being less certain.
I'm not professing evidence challenging the conventional wisdom, I'm pointing out the utter lack of evidence supporting it. The degree to which we are certain about anything is "not at all." In the absence of compelling evidence, my preference would be to err on the side of normalcy rather than paranoia.

Said another way, the burden of proof is on the party wanting to alter everyone's normal behavior. Absent convincing evidence one way or another, people should be left alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom