News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

tirian

The trees really aided the view down Main Street and it’s a shame they’ll never return.

I made this a while back (5 years ago apparently...) to see how the castle would look with Disneyland sized trees and it works:

Cxf8Uww.jpg

Paris looks fine without trees because of how the castle is framed, as does Tokyo. I’d also argue Disneyland would look fine without trees (not that I’d want them taken down), but the way Cinderella Castle was designed in conjunction with Main Street requires them in my eyes. They helped reveal the castle beautifully, and without them the park has lost a lot of the magic it once had. It also doesn’t help there’s a tacky stage in front of the castle either...
That’s beautiful.

tirian

Did a couple of side-by-sides comparing Tokyo and Orlando:

View attachment 483577
View attachment 483578
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However, any alleged professional creative who supposedly studied color theory, architecture, etc. and thinks the new castle scheme is attractive probably has poor taste in general. I would be shocked that it made it through WDI, but considering the hideous Innoventions paint job a few years ago, it’s becoming more apparent that Disney no longer employs the best in the business.

Jabbas

Don’t hate the castle but don’t love it. It looks way too pink and purply (I know that’s not a word). I prefer it white. It will probably grow on my though. I do like the gold.

MickeyMouse10

I actually like the Cake Castle, at least it was something vastly different. This pink version just looks cheap and unrelated to a Golden Anniversary.

If I gave my dad a pink watch for his 50th anniversary he'd look at me sideways and then take me out of his will.

_caleb

I actually like the Cake Castle, at least it was something vastly different. This pink version just looks cheap and unrelated to a Golden Anniversary.

If I gave my dad a pink watch for his 50th anniversary he'd look at me sideways and then take me out of his will.
Pretty sure your dad isn't the target demographic with the castle makeover (though I'm not exactly sure who is).

jrhwdw

Pretty sure your dad isn't the target demographic with the castle makeover (though I'm not exactly sure who is).
Interesting thought. We all know MK is doing this for the 50th but what/who was TDL targeting for their Castle Makeover over the last year?

HKDL also?

TTA94

Interesting thought. We all know MK is doing this for the 50th but what/who was TDL targeting for their Castle Makeover over the last year?

HKDL also?

Well, technically originally this makeover had nothing to do with the 50th, pre covid.

wedenterprises

Based purely on photos and perhaps an unfinished paint job, it looks dirty and depressing. Maybe they should have used lighter tints as they got higher up, like is done on Sleeping Beauty? I think that might have been done on SB to make it appear taller, but it could still work here. Or just lighten the pink overall?

Not sure what was wrong with it before, just decorate it with gold banners for the 50th.

And bring the trees back

and remove the stage

KBLovedDisney

Disney: "We are in a financial crisis."

..."Let's repaint the castle, PINK"

tenor.gif

Anyone else getting the vibe that on top of the Covid spread, Disney maybe going through a mid-life crisis?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom