Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Chipperson

Oh! Oh! I get to pretend to be a tiny bit impartial!

How many folks are getting tested and how often? We need to know that to know if this matters very much.

Boy, Dr. Pino’s motorcycle comment is showing up constantly in the dark recesses of the internet - always used in good faith, of course.

The NBA had 0 positives out of 346 tests over the past week. I don't know what the MLS numbers were. If it's anything like the NBA then I'd say it's insignificant compared to the number of tests administered each week in the county and state.

oceanbreeze77

The NBA had 0 positives out of 346 tests over the past week. I don't know what the MLS numbers were. If it's anything like the NBA then I'd say it's insignificant compared to the number of tests administered each week in the county and state.

you mean to say that a large group of people living with major restrictions to keep a virus out...worked????

WeekendGM

Oh! Oh! I get to pretend to be a tiny bit impartial!

How many folks are getting tested and how often? We need to know that to know if this matters very much.

Boy, Dr. Pino’s motorcycle comment is showing up constantly in the dark recesses of the internet - always used in good faith, of course.

”With testing every other day through October 13th, an estimated 17,000 tests will be done just on players. That number does not include NBA league staff, coaches, and others in the Orlando bubble.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

SamusAranX

I would say it (New Zealand) can’t be emulated here only because of their geographical difference. They’re a large island, quite rather easy to eliminate any going in and out. Smaller area to cover. Different political system as well, US is full of states and subdivisions so what one state does will be different from another. Preventing mass unity in action such as in New Zealand.

carolina_yankee

NJ is reporting data collection problems from Quest. I wonder if that is nationwide, or just affects NJ somehow? At any rate, our numbers are expected to
Oh, no! New Zealand is rounding up citizens and throwing them into camps!! That must be a horrible thing to have an unmarked vehicle roll up to your house in the middle of the night and break down your door and rush you to a camp and put you into a barracks with sick people and all you have is a cot and no air conditioning or heat!!

Oh wait...

It's nothing like that. People flying into NZ have to quarantine in a managed hotel for two weeks. That's the law. People who break the law get arrested.

That's... quite reasonable.

I'f I'm not mistaken Hawaii has taken similar steps with a few people from the mainland who broke quarantine. Maybe it's a Pacific Island thing. :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
New Zealand is NOT a place we want to emulate. Unless you want citizens of the United States to be forcibly placed in Corona camps. And arrested and moved to prisons if they try and leave. Call me crazy, but that's not something I am interested in seeing here.

Can I pick who gets put in camps? I have a few people in mind ;) Outside of full autonomy for me to select, I don’t want to see that. New Zealand is an island. They really don’t have a choice. If a virus takes hold there it will rip through the population. Hawaii was one of the most strict places in the US for the same reason. It’s easy to lock down the borders on an island too.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.33.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.34.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.34.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.34.17 AM.png

Touchdown

Yikes, why is testing totals so low on Tuesday? Usually testing on Monday is the highest for the week as anyone having surgical procedures for the week get tested. Although, I guess most hospitals in Florida have suspended elective procedures, so that’s not true down there...

jaklgreen

Yikes, why is testing totals so low on Tuesday? Usually testing on Monday is the highest for the week as anyone having surgical procedures for the week get tested. Although, I guess most hospitals in Florida have suspended elective procedures, so that’s not true down there...

Are hospitals testing everyone that comes in? Our local ones do not. They said that they test only if someone is showing symptoms. I imagine those in an area that has high numbers, like Florida, really should test everyone. The inconsistencies from area to area, especially at the heart of this situation, is very frustrating. I can't imagine that I am the only one that is fed up with how things have been handled. Also am angry at those who did not want to do what was necessary from the start. We all stayed home and did very limited shopping trips. Why was it so hard for some to sit their behinds at home? Also a bit miffed at those who hoarded toilet paper unnecessarily. Yep, still angry about that since I had to buy Scott's brand TP and that is like sand paper. LOL

Touchdown

Are hospitals testing everyone that comes in?

No they aren’t at least out here (Wisconsin,) on admission you will be tested if you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms and/or an unexplained fever on admission, you’ll also be tested with no symptoms if you need an emergent procedure/operation.

On discharge to a nursing home/rehab facility you will be tested then.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think it’s just the backlog now. With tests taking so long to come back a lot of the ones reported as yesterday were actually tested last week or even before in some cases.

Touchdown

I think it’s just the backlog now. With tests taking so long to come back a lot of the ones reported as yesterday were actually tested last week or even before in some cases.

Surgical tests are prioritized and done within 48 hours (most hospitals have the ability to do onsite testing in their lab of a set amount of cases, inpatients and surgical cases are prioritized in this group) so there should still be a large amount of tests being reported on Tuesday from being tested Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom