Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

DisneyCane

Over 12,000 new cases today. Something’s gotta give. Eventually there will be no choice but to shut everything down. (That’s the last thing I want to see - I own two storefronts in FL and barely made it through the first 2 month shutdown.)

In Broward, we just started an 11pm curfew, eliminated vacation rentals by owner unless the owner lives on property (virtually eliminating the stuff happening in Kissimmee) and banning home gatherings of ten or more people, inside or out. But they left beaches open. 😕

I don't know why there would be any problem with beaches, even if there are "gatherings." Unless people are sharing drinks or making out there really isn't much transmission risk. Typically people try to have some space at the beach. Also, this time of year who is going to sit out there and roast and sweat for hours on end?

The "problem" right now is really a Miami-Dade and to some extent Broward and Palm Beach issue. Miami-Dade was over 25% of the new cases today (well technically yesterday) and the county is nowhere near 25% of the population of Florida.

I can sort of see logic behind a curfew to try and reduce parties (although, by state law it doesn't seem legally enforceable). The vacation rental restriction doesn't really make sense to me since the cases are emanating from South Florida, not being brought there.

Miss Bella

I’m sure he does leave his house. But again, he didn’t say that he doesn’t have Covid and won’t infect others, you did.
I don’t have symptoms of Covid. Masks are supposed to prevent asymptomatic transmission that is why we are wearing them. Of course we don’t really know if asymptomatic spread exists, but out of an abundance of caution we wear a mask. Is that correct.

Tony the Tigger

You actually have to have Covid to infect others. I’m not going to infect anyone at WDW one I don’t have Covid and two I’ll be wearing a mask.
When was your last test?
When was yours?
Not really relevant since he’s not the one proclaiming that he doesn’t have Covid and can’t infect others.
Thank you, Peter.
I assume he leaves his house. Isn’t the purpose of the mask to prevent asymptomatic spread. There’s been pages and pages of debate telling me so.
And we’re lost again. You don’t seem to want to answer the question.

Because as soon as you say you’ve never been tested, or your test was not as soon as yesterday, your results don’t matter and your claim holds no water.

Tony the Tigger

I don't know why there would be any problem with beaches, even if there are "gatherings." Unless people are sharing drinks or making out there really isn't much transmission risk. Typically people try to have some space at the beach. Also, this time of year who is going to sit out there and roast and sweat for hours on end?

The "problem" right now is really a Miami-Dade and to some extent Broward and Palm Beach issue. Miami-Dade was over 25% of the new cases today (well technically yesterday) and the county is nowhere near 25% of the population of Florida.

I can sort of see logic behind a curfew to try and reduce parties (although, by state law it doesn't seem legally enforceable). The vacation rental restriction doesn't really make sense to me since the cases are emanating from South Florida, not being brought there.
You don’t think people come from all over the country and the State to South Florida?

Why would they need to limit rentals if no one from out of town was renting?

Trust me, locals don’t want you all coming here (or Orlando.)

Miss Bella

Thank you, Peter.

And we’re lost again. You don’t seem to want to answer the question.

Because as soon as you say you’ve never been tested, or your test was not as soon as yesterday, your results don’t matter and your claim holds no water.
If you haven’t been tested you better stay home to.

peter11435

I was tested three weeks ago to answer your question. I promise if I start hacking and sneezing I‘ll stay home.
It was never my question.

The point was that unless you’ve been recently tested and had no contact with anyone before or since the test, you shouldn’t say you don’t have Covid and can’t infect others. Even if you are not showing symptoms.

Miss Bella

It was never my question.

The point was that unless you’ve been recently tested and had no contact with anyone before or since the test, you shouldn’t say you don’t have Covid and can’t infect others. Even if you are not showing symptoms.
Ok my bad. Ill change it to I don’t have symptoms and since I’ll be wearing my handy dandy mask my chance of infecting someone is extremely low. Is that better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom