Disneyland Paris Reopening

cjkeating

Original Poster
Just thought I'd start a thread regarding the reopening of Disneyland Paris which started today with the first of two days of Cast Member previews, Monday and Tuesday are Annual Pass previews with the official reopening on Wednesday.

Unfortunately I wasn't there (I have a trip scheduled for two weeks today) but you will be able to see a good overview of everything on the DLP Report Twitter feed.

From what I have seen online DLP has knocked it out of the park with preparations and amended offer. Hopefully this can be maintained once it is opened to guests next week.

Toni25

For those that don't have a twitter (I made one just to follow Disney news and slowly got into it), if you make one,
you should follow "DLP Report": https://twitter.com/DLPReport
They keep me updated on the latest Disney Paris news. I don't know if they have an account on this forum or who runs it or whatever.
Here's a couple exciting renovations they posted on their twitter page:

Toad Hall refurbishment:

Castle stage and Plaza Gardens Fountain renovated:

New castle-front mini stages, no more cracks. Also new plants 🤭 :

And the cherry on the top of the cake, SMALL WORLD FOUNTAIN crack "fixed". The water is running again:

There might be many other little things renovated.
Also the NEW Lucky Nugget Saloon show and the new food options.
I think the park looks better than ever and I am looking forward to visit it !!!
I am curious if there is any news regarding the CASTLE RENOVATION (there used to be talks about a paint job last year?). Any updates???

cjkeating

Original Poster
Surprised the Disneyland Paris forum has been so quiet during opening week. Unless everyone is there except for me!

2 days into the main opening it looks like the park has handled this exceptionally and the guests have been respecting the social distancing measures well.

Toni25

So AECOM finally posted attendance report and it looks like Disneyland Paris had fever visitors in 2019 than in 2018:

2018: 9.843.000 (main park); 5.298.000 (studios)

2019: 9.745.000 (main park); 5.245.000 (studios)

Overall it's the second highest resort attendance of all time. Doesn't mean much, considering the Main Park used to attract around 12 million in the older days around the time the Studios opened. In the meantime, the studios attendance grew, while the main park kept decreasing.

If the studios won't see at least around 8 million after that investment...I doubt they'll invest anything for decades.
No to be pessimistic, but the future looks a little dark right now for the European Resort.
I think it would have been better if they invested in the Main Park to be honest, as a first step, rather than vice-versa.
Even though the studios were in a desperate need for new rides, the castle park is the main attraction and probably has a higher chance of drawing crowds. Time will tell.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So AECOM finally posted attendance report and it looks like Disneyland Paris had fever visitors in 2019 than in 2018:

2018: 9.843.000 (main park); 5.298.000 (studios)

2019: 9.745.000 (main park); 5.245.000 (studios)

Overall it's the second highest resort attendance of all time. Doesn't mean much, considering the Main Park used to attract around 12 million in the older days around the time the Studios opened. In the meantime, the studios attendance grew, while the main park kept decreasing.

If the studios won't see at least around 8 million after that investment...I doubt they'll invest anything for decades.
No to be pessimistic, but the future looks a little dark right now for the European Resort.
I think it would have been better if they invested in the Main Park to be honest, as a first step, rather than vice-versa.
Even though the studios were in a desperate need for new rides, the castle park is the main attraction and probably has a higher chance of drawing crowds. Time will tell.
TWDC has to be very careful about how it pitches prices over the next few years. They’ll want a ROI but the market is volatile with a larger majority than in the US willing to say “that’s too much”

Sir_Cliff

TWDC has to be very careful about how it pitches prices over the next few years. They’ll want a ROI but the market is volatile with a larger majority than in the US willing to say “that’s too much”
Must admit that I was tempted to take a quick trip down in August, then I looked at the price of the hotels...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Must admit that I was tempted to take a quick trip down in August, then I looked at the price of the hotels...
Their prices are up the creak at the moment. Hopefully they’ll stabilise.

But to their credit they’ve honoured a voucher we had from our cancelled April trip. Newport Bay later this year, at a price that’s 50% off the advertised rate, and with free dining that’s unavailable.

fradz

Have 2 friends working there, and a few friends who went already at least once:
The parks are incredibly empty (highest wait time right now at Parc Disneyland: 15min), sure some things will be closed, but you still get most of the experience (personally, am currently planning to come back once Illuminations is back on the menu, but I might be going earlier anyway).
So the question you have to ask yourself is: are you willing to "take the risk", ever so little, to enjoy the park in these special conditions.

theodau

In the Parks
Yes
In fact, those attendance reports are only estimations so be careful. Furthermore, they are based on the first park you enter during the day... At Disneyland Paris, guests are usually doing two parks per day (with a lot of back and forth between those two) every day. However, only one park will be counted in the attendance report (most of the time it will be PDL because almost everybody will start with PDL).
At the end of the expansion, guests will stay an entire day at the studios so the attendance will increase.

cjkeating

Original Poster
UK is reimposing travel quarantine on trips to France. Wonder how this will affect visitors at DLP?

I'm glad I got an early trip in now, was planning for a mid September and also a November trip so I'd think at least the first is off the cards now.

Hopefully France can get its numbers to plateau under the 'new normal' and the restrictions are to be lifted, I can't see how cases won't rise in every country as lockdown measures are relaxed.

RobUK

I have been thinking a lot about Disneyland Paris recently as I was trying to decide what age the kids need to be before I take them, which is an entirely different discussion, but I am quite happy that their young age does take the difficult decision of whether to risk going there out of my hands. Boris putting France in the naughty list helps too.

If it was just me and the good lady, and Boris said it was ok, I daresay I think I would go. However, when you factor in young children who will GRAB EVERYTHING in a way resembling a greedy Octopus that it makes going to places difficult. I guess that’s the same for all parks. One of our local attractions - Monkey World, in case any of you UK folk know of it - opened to limited peoppe and it was wonderful as the majority of it was outside, which helped. But queuing for a ride at Disney, with walls and railings people may have touched, regardless of any cleaning protocol.... no thanks.

peep

I was literally planning to book up a mid-September trip too but looks like that won't be happening. Sad I'll miss out on the updated Lion King show. Like @cjkeating said, hopefully France can start controlling their numbers back down a bit again.

Looking like I paid silly monies for the Infinity pass in the wrong year, feeling a bit robbed.

cjkeating

Original Poster
I was literally planning to book up a mid-September trip too but looks like that won't be happening. Sad I'll miss out on the updated Lion King show. Like @cjkeating said, hopefully France can start controlling their numbers back down a bit again.

Looking like I paid silly monies for the Infinity pass in the wrong year, feeling a bit robbed.
Rhythms of the Pride Lands and Jungle Book Jive are expected to run through to the end of October... so hopefully you will be able to make it still?

I know once France is off the quarantine list again (whenever that is) I'll be back over ASAP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom