News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

One of the stranger budget cuts imho. Spend 100 million or more on an attraction / land that looks terrible from outside of the park.

How much more to extend the canopy?
A lot. The original canopy ate up a lot of money.

They’re not done. If it still looks awful when they’re done, then I think the criticism is fair, but I am still in wait and see mode.
The walls aren’t going to move. They are there. That is what they look like.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Be careful and stop complaining. It's not too late for me to backtrack and convert this building into a DVC tower. I was kind enough to give you guys Tron Lightcycle Run®, but that gift can very easily be taken away!

Ignore @realBobChapek he knows he doesn't have the power at Disney he just likes to pretend he does, he isn't allowed to do anything without TheOneTrueBob's permission :p

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm assuming you don't think they're going to be able to hide the Guardians building, so I'm not sure why you think they care about hiding this one.
I have no idea what they’re gonna do or not do. There is certainly a decent chance they do nothing! But I don’t think anyone else here knows either. I just am advising waiting to see if they mitigate. It might turn out fine. I agree if they do nothing it will look crappy.

SilentWindODoom

That’s a poor point of view in my opinion. From the second you step onto WDW property everything is on stage.

While I feel this point of view is the optimal situation, the giant modern air conditioning units I can see from the window of my turn-of-the-century resort disagrees.

Cf. FoP, SWGE.

It's not a concern for current management.

Everest. You forgot Everest. One of the biggest controversies I've seen on here. Although I haven't seen any images from the back since construction.

Also Cars Land which seems really crazy because it could be free advertising.

Still don't know why they don't just put attraction posters or billboards up on these things like there are on the Star Tours building.

Star_Tours_MGM_outside.jpg

I'm on the "wait and see" train. From the drive in and from the monorail, you will see it. We know that. There are ways of hiding it, but that will diminish Space, so it's better off to leave it as is and just see the backside of Tron. We went for decades looking at the dingy roofs of the "tents" of Fantasyland. If anything, this is better show than any time one might consider the golden age of the parks because it can be hidden from inside the parks.

The TTA/PM does wonders in cutting sightlines in Tomorrowland. A shot from the Astro Orbitor platform suggests it is aligned perfectly for the canopy to hide the building from there. Storybook Circus's sightlines are... staggering. It's incredible what a little bit of woods can do to hide the giant white peak right nextdoor. The recent shots that have caused a stir look like the view can easily be hidden with trees. The trees on the other side of the monorail spur line are currently almost at the height of Space Mountain, seemingly obscuring the Tron building from half of Bay Lake Tower (vertically). Much smaller trees can obscure it from view from Storybook Circus and the railroad.

lazyboy97o

While I feel this point of view is the optimal situation, the giant modern air conditioning units I can see from the window of my turn-of-the-century resort disagrees.

Everest. You forgot Everest. One of the biggest controversies I've seen on here. Although I haven't seen any images from the back since construction.

Still don't know why they don't just put attraction posters or billboards up on these things like there are on the Star Tours building.

Star_Tours_MGM_outside.jpg

I'm on the "wait and see" train. From the drive in and from the monorail, you will see it. We know that. There are ways of hiding it, but that will diminish Space, so it's better off to leave it as is and just see the backside of Tron. We went for decades looking at the dingy roofs of the "tents" of Fantasyland. If anything, this is better show than any time one might consider the golden age of the parks because it can be hidden from inside the parks.

The TTA/PM does wonders in cutting sightlines in Tomorrowland. A shot from the Astro Orbitor platform suggests it is aligned perfectly for the canopy to hide the building from there. Storybook Circus's sightlines are... staggering. It's incredible what a little bit of woods can do to hide the giant white peak right nextdoor. The recent shots that have caused a stir look like the view can easily be hidden with trees. The trees on the other side of the monorail spur line are currently almost at the height of Space Mountain, seemingly obscuring the Tron building from half of Bay Lake Tower (vertically). Much smaller trees can obscure it from view from Storybook Circus and the railroad.
You don’t bother with a patterned finish if it is not going to be seen. You use green, not grey and blue, if you’re going to hide behind trees.

SilentWindODoom

You don’t bother with a patterned finish if it is not going to be seen. You use green, not grey and blue, if you’re going to hide behind trees.

While trees can hide it from the circus, there's a pond between it and the road. Unfinished exteriors like Everest, Mansion, Small World, Pirates, and the back of the World Showcase pavilions are visible from small access roads. This is visible from World Drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom