IS THIS THE NEW DISNEY?

yensid67

No virtual queues, single rider line or FastPass+ when the Walt Disney World parks reopen
From Disney:
"Despite early talk about virtual queues, they will not be used, including at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Disney appears confident that it can control attendance at the park, which will in turn mean manageable queues at the rides.

We have known that FastPass+ will not be available for some time, but Single Rider lines will also no longer be available.

Disney will be using every inch of its vast queue capacity to maintain social distancing.

So assuming you can secure a reservation into the park, the lack of queue complications should make for a very pleasant, no-planning experience."

What are the thoughts of our seasoned bloggers?

Stitch826

My reply question is this...
#1- How many think this NEW DISNEY will be the way in the future? I think when all is said and done, Disney will see that Guests are more happy with smaller crowds and no FP+
#2- If THIS is the new way going forward, would you pay MORE for a single park day if there were more manageable crowds? I would pay $150 per day if they could guarantee that there will be smaller crowds and no need for FP+

Having to plan even when to breathe takes a lot of the magic even from just planning a Disney trip! PLANNING use to be just as enjoyable as Park Days, but with FP+, planning became a nightmare! With no FP+, planning just got a little more easier...like it USE TO BE!(in the good 'ol days of '99)

$150 per day? Considering tickets already start at $115 or more, I don’t think that price increase would have any noticeable effect on crowd levels. Tickets would have to go up even higher for that effect. Besides, Disney needs more bodies in the parks. More bodies equals not only more money spent on tickets, but also food, souvenirs, hotel rooms, etc.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

My reply question is this...
#1- How many think this NEW DISNEY will be the way in the future? I think when all is said and done, Disney will see that Guests are more happy with smaller crowds and no FP+
#2- If THIS is the new way going forward, would you pay MORE for a single park day if there were more manageable crowds? I would pay $150 per day if they could guarantee that there will be smaller crowds and no need for FP+

Having to plan even when to breathe takes a lot of the magic even from just planning a Disney trip! PLANNING use to be just as enjoyable as Park Days, but with FP+, planning became a nightmare! With no FP+, planning just got a little more easier...like it USE TO BE!(in the good 'ol days of '99)
I don't think this is a NEW DISNEY. I think this is a TEMPORARY DISNEY.

I also think you're operating under a mistaken premise. I don't think guests will be considerably happier with smaller crowds. Disney will lower the number of cast members and amenities (food carts, shows, etc.) to match attendance. I suspect Disney works at a careful balance in order to attain the biggest profit. What is the acceptable level of guest satisfaction vs. operating cost? Some people may prefer no FP+, but some people also are upset at the lack of parkhopping or the lack of single rider lines.

Just like pre-covid, operating hours were longer when attendance was higher; certain food carts only open at certain times of year, some times of the year might have multiple nighttime shows vs. one, etc.

Would I personally pay more if lines were limited to 45 minutes like they are right now and parks were emptier and more airy instead of packed with people? Sure. But I don't think it'll stay that way. I think Disney would have to raise prices a lot higher than $150 to make that plausible, and it just doesn't fit their economic model. WDW banks on people filling its hotels and buying its food and merchandise in addition to park tickets.

Upvote 0

dizneegirl13

Not only is it what Disney wants (to be operating as close to pre-covid as possible) but lots of people want it too. I even have seen some comments that they don't like the parks so empty! o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave B

The problem isn't really the lack of crowds The problem is they have nothing open it's just a regular amusement park it's nothing more than six flags at this point just rides watch some of the videos Hollywood studios only had five rides open the other day also none of the food options are open it's really limited right now it is empty but there's also not much to do. Disney cannot enjoy this,they can't be making any money

Upvote 0
I expect around next week there may be an announcement of a further reduction of park services, just the absolute bare minimum atteactions running and with minimal cast members. Disney wont close but it cannot run at full steam either.

Upvote 0

Lirael

People would love the small crowds if it came with regular, pre-Covid, levels of service and options offered. But when with the cut in crowd comes cut in entertainment and ride options while the prices remain the same or even go up, no one is going to like it.

Would I pay more to be able to receive less just because I would get shorter lines in the few things available? No.

Right now Disney is getting away with it because there are little options to go to, and many already had the vacation scheduled, so they can keep prices up, attendance and offerings down. But when things go back to closer to normal, with people being able to travel elsewhere and such, service limitation + hiked prices will start mattering more. Disney will never decrease price, but they'll bring back discounts and other offerings back by then

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom