News Disney's Animal Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Sounds like a B Mode without the Equity performers.
Definitely would be a B mode. And, I take anything I hear from a front line CM with a huge grain of salt, but wanted to share the info that was shared with us.
They cannot have the four singers, the four monkeys, the guy that spins fire, and the two bird performers.
Interesting, I thought I had read that the monkeys and fire guy were not Equity... granted reading something on these boards is not always entirely accurate. ;)
It’s not that simple.... will be interesting to see what the show opens as.
IF it does open in the next couple weeks we will try to get over and see what exactly they are offering. Obviously not a simple undertaking to remove the main narrators of the show, and surely they can't have the kids get up and dance/parade with the animals. And if the monkeys and fire guy are also out...hmm.

TrainsOfDisney

IF it does open in the next couple weeks we will try to get over and see what exactly they are offering. Obviously not a simple undertaking to remove the main narrators of the show, and surely they can't have the kids get up and dance/parade with the animals. And if the monkeys and fire guy are also out...hmm.

Animal Kingdom has a really good acrobat group that performs in Africa. They are 3rd party and not equity... I’m wondering if they will use them for the tumble monkeys.

The big question I have is can they have a non-equity stage manager call the show?

Interesting, I thought I had read that the monkeys and fire guy were not Equity... granted reading something on these boards is not always entirely accurate. ;)

Up until recently I just assumed that they weren’t equity. I was also surprised the dancers in beauty and the beast are equity... it’s weird how it works in the Florida parks.

Sweet Thing

Animal Kingdom has a really good acrobat group that performs in Africa. They are 3rd party and not equity... I’m wondering if they will use them for the tumble monkeys.

The big question I have is can they have a non-equity stage manager call the show?

Up until recently I just assumed that they weren’t equity. I was also surprised the dancers in beauty and the beast are equity... it’s weird how it works in the Florida parks.
I believe third party entertainment has not been asked to return. Also, from my memory the stage managers at the theme parks are not Equity. They are (or at least were a decade ago) simply entertainment managers who get trained on a particular show.

TrainsOfDisney

I believe third party entertainment has not been asked to return. Also, from my memory the stage managers at the theme parks are not Equity. They are (or at least were a decade ago) simply entertainment managers who get trained on a particular show.

If there are equity performers there has to be an equity stage manager.

For a non-equity show you are correct.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1594859117663.png

disneygeek90

Interesting to see NRJ having "longer" wait times than FOP. Same thing yesterday according to your charts. Has FOP been down a lot or am I not distinguishing the blue line? Thx!
Every time I check the app throughout the day it's at 5 minutes. I'm kind of shocked that it's virtually going the entire day as a walk on.

techgeek

Interesting to see NRJ having "longer" wait times than FOP. Same thing yesterday according to your charts. Has FOP been down a lot or am I not distinguishing the blue line? Thx!

I think the deal there is that Navi River didn't have great capacity to begin with, and has especially bad socially-distanced capacity (I think I saw basically each party has their own boat?). FoP actually has pretty decent throughput - it always ran a long standby line largely because of Fastpass... so it's probably doing 50% of it's total capacity where Navi is a lot less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom