Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Millionaire2K

This is three weeks old. It has changed a lot since then.

DUH it's 3 weeks old, dude was asking me a question for info I posted 3 weeks ago.

I posted info from that article on June 28th.

On July 11th "Captain Neo" asked where I got the info from.

Today July 14th I quoted him to give him the info.

Follow along next time trojanjustin.

EricsBiscuit

There is certainly a story to be told. Another example, although anecdotal of course, my niece made an appointment at CVS to get tested and she cancelled it. A few days later she got a call back saying she tested positive. 🤔
I personally know of two people in my extended family’s network that have died of something other than COVID but their deaths were classified as COVID. My best friend canceled his test and received “results” saying he was positive. It really makes you wonder.

TrojanUSC

I personally know of two people in my extended family’s network that have died of something other than COVID but their deaths were classified as COVID. My best friend canceled his test and received “results” saying he was positive. It really makes you wonder.

Doctors who sign death certificates certifying non-COVID deaths as COVID deaths could lose their licenses. As has been repeated ad infinitum, there are clear and specific guidelines of when something must be recorded as a COVID-19 death.

His "results" were probably someone miskeying in a phone number or test #, not actually that something was being scammed.

These are all anecdotal at best and there is no evidence this is actually happening in large numbers anywhere.

DisneyDebRob

If WDW closed again, many including millions of current jobless will be in a desperate situation starting August 1. The $600 per week stimulus money ends at the end of this month.
Just a quick note on this before it gets dropped off this thread. The 600 bucks will end in a lot of states on July 23, not the 31st. It’s the way the accounting works.

EricsBiscuit

Doctors who sign death certificates certifying non-COVID deaths as COVID deaths could lose their licenses. As has been repeated ad infinitum, there are clear and specific guidelines of when something must be recorded as a COVID-19 death.

His "results" were probably someone miskeying in a phone number or test #, not actually that something was being scammed.

These are all anecdotal at best and there is no evidence this is actually happening in large numbers anywhere.
I hope it’s not happening in large numbers for the sake of accuracy. All I’m saying is these constant mistakes erode the trust and legitimacy of the official numbers. Only God knows how many ppl rly have it and have died from it. To me, I don’t see why the number of cases matters. If you’re sick, stay home. If you’re about to die, go to a hospital. I see all these ppl attacking Disney for reopening. If you’re in a high risk group, stay isolated. Everyone should be able to make their own risk calculations for themselves. For some, not being able to eat bc they don’t have a job is a far bigger risk than dying from COVID. Who are we to tell willing employees and patrons what to do?

EricsBiscuit

I’m really tired of this argument, it’s unfair to bring it up here because the answer is for (taboo discussion point) to step in.

Can we please have this argument (But the economy!) be taboo too?
No it’s perfectly related to whether WDW could/should close again. It’s totally fair game and shouldn’t be political or taboo. You can’t see the tree and miss the forest.

Nmoody1

Disney is getting absolutely slaughtered on social media over re-opening right now. Though I think they should still be closed, it's a shame because their measures and low crowds make them far safer than going into a typical grocery store.

People NEED groceries. People don't NEED to ride space mountain. I do agree they seem to have done a good job. I just question if reopening now is the right time.

bartholomr4

This is very concerning. Please #MOM, not being political but this matters in people trying to make informed decisions on trips.

Scott Gottlieb was just on CNBC and the reporter asked him about this..... The CDC will still get the data it has been receiving andthe CDC will make the data available to the public. The CDC infrastructure is old and processes are antiquated (not designed to handle these volumes). According to Dr Gottleib, HSS has the systems to gather the data at a quicker pace, and their focus is on allocating drugs to where it is needed now.

The new cases reported yesterday in Florida are averaging a 7 day test to results delay and the lag is getting worse. The need to speed findings within processes not designed to handle this volume, is going to require changes, and temporary modifications of process. If your decision to attend the parks is based on Florida data reported yesterday on an average 7 day delay, that may be a bigger data gap, than the professional employees at HSS reporting the results instead of the professional employees at the CDC.

threvester

This is very concerning. Please #MOM, not being political but this matters in people trying to make informed decisions on trips.
its a better faster system...not concerning at all

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If WDW closed again, many including millions of current jobless will be in a desperate situation starting August 1. The $600 per week stimulus money ends at the end of this month.
No (sane) person wants the parks to close again. I don’t. I have many friends who would be impacted directly and indirectly. We still have a visit that’s not totally cancelled yet. But if that’s the lesser of the evils it’ll happen. Hong Kong shows it’s not an impossibility.

If it did happen it could be up to Washington to decide if they want to provide more assistance.

Jon81uk

And then when you reopen its going to spike again. So what is the answer?

It doesn't always. Many countries have done this and cases kept going down. Look at us here in the UK for example. We had a tighter lockdown for around two months, then slowly over another month or two re-opened things and cases are still going down, but some cities have had to lockdown again as cases spike. But manage it well and you can basically eradicate the virus as New Zealand did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom