The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I have to admit that I do miss when they were in the Daddy stage.
My cousins are all older than me on both sides and therefore made up the names for each set of grandparents. On Mom's side, her parents were intended to be Grandmommy and Grandaddy when they were little and then Grandmom and Grandad when they got older. Idk what the issue with my cousins' brains is, but they are full grown adults and still call my grandfather Grandaddy. I didn't have a relationship with them growing up, but he is referred to as Grandad. I was only around her a few times in my life before she passed, so I addressed her as "Grandmother". Now I refer to her as Mildred. You can tell I never liked this woman.

Goofyernmost

I don't know about your kids, but when I'm mad at my dad, he becomes "Father." And similarly, if I'm mad at Mom, she becomes "Mother". 😂
I don't recall them ever referring to us as Father or Mother unless talking to others and saying stuff like my father did this or my mother did that, but as far as addressing us direct it was always Daddy and Mommy when they were little and as they grew Dad and Mom. It always made me feel good to hear it and was re-lived a little when my youngest Granddaughter called me Gampa. That just melted my curmudgeon driven heart. But, alas all that is behind me now unless I happen to live long enough to see any Great-Grandchildren. By then all they will be saying is who is that old man drooling in his chocolate pudding.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My cousins are all older than me on both sides and therefore made up the names for each set of grandparents. On Mom's side, her parents were intended to be Grandmommy and Grandaddy when they were little and then Grandmom and Grandad when they got older. Idk what the issue with my cousins' brains is, but they are full grown adults and still call my grandfather Grandaddy. I didn't have a relationship with them growing up, but he is referred to as Grandad. I was only around her a few times in my life before she passed, so I addressed her as "Grandmother". Now I refer to her as Mildred. You can tell I never liked this woman.
Yep. My kids were in the same boat with family predetermined names for the elders. Me being me we boycotted The choice of theirs grandma and grandpa Sir Name. We went with Grandma (first name) and Papa (first name)

My kids had 3 sets of Grandparents. Their Dad has 2 brothers married to two sisters So creepity the interwoven life. Anyhow the 2 Sis’s folks are the salt of the earth and I love them dearly. They scooped up my kids as part of their family given the odd odds that their kids intermarried into the same family. My kids are closer to the non related grand folks then they were to their Dads Grandparents. My father in law has passed but my kids were never close to either. My MIL is 95 and none of us have seen Grandmama in over 5 years.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Rista1313

Speaking of bad news.. my cochlear implant went kapoof and I'm kinda worried.
I'm hoping its only a broken cable or coil, which is under guarantee and is less than 500 $USD in costs.
What worries me is the possibility that the inside implant is damaged. That would mean 30,000$ to 50,000$ USD D:

Oh no.... good thoughts that it's only the cheaper of the two!

StarWarsGirl

I'm hoping its only a broken cable or coil, which is under guarantee and is less than 500 $USD in costs.
What worries me is the possibility that the inside implant is damaged. That would mean 30,000$ to 50,000$ USD D:
Because if something can go wrong in 2020, it does.

Lilofan

If you want to consider having it done in Mexico it's around $22K. Mexico also caters to AZ, TX,CA residents who want surgeries done across the border.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom