HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

BrianLo

I've been a supporter of this castle project (and still am), but this image... yikes... It's like Princess Barbie's(tm) Castle Playset from Hell... As someone noted earlier, it's this middle front section where they threw in loads of discordant, plastic onion turrets with no visual/arch. link to either the bottom (old castle) or the less busy, more-pleasing top (Cinderella's minaret).

I totally agree. I am also uncouth and like it in-spite of basically all the over the top hodgepodge. It's ridiculous.

ParkPeeker

I've been a supporter of this castle project (and still am), but this image... yikes... It's like Princess Barbie's(tm) Castle Playset from Hell... As someone noted earlier, it's this middle front section where they threw in loads of discordant, plastic onion turrets with no visual/arch. link to either the bottom (old castle) or the less busy, more-pleasing top (Cinderella's minaret).
I will say that the scaffolding, cranes and construction/walls going on all around it are not helping the look. But I agree that it is extremely busy on the lower half. The business makes it look random even though I do see the shapes/design they’ve put into it.

The upper half seems very disconnected, I feel it’s on purpose, sort of to hilight it. I said before that as a whole it kinda evokes a city with a castle peeking over at the top, and I like that. But a closeup/cropped picture of it at this distance is not a look lol. (I’m a sucker for all the little detailing though hahaha)

jrhwdw

Cant wait to see it lit up with Paint The Night in front of it. Thats one of the main reasons to visit HKDL imo.
2 Things:

Anyone know if PTN is still on the schedule?(when HKDL can have a schedule of course!)

When the Castle is all done/Walls are all down, Wil Parades go back to going the long way around the Hub? Right in front of the Castle?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
It seems to me that of all the Asian castle parks, Hong Kong is the most charming.

It’s scale alone makes it the most charming of the three Asia magic kingdoms. Tokyo Disneyland and especially Shanghai Disneyland are massive magic kingdom parks, one of the last words I would use to describe them is “charming”.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I like a lot about it but my biggest issue is the side view. The original castle seems separate from the new. It’s like Sleeping Beauty Castle is wearing a giant castle backpack.

38773036-A7D5-476B-A270-64B2D5D421B8.jpeg

wdpwmlml

47E71918-F103-4B6F-BCC1-77F6D841CA92.png

These new projectors seem a bit too noticeable. Couldn’t they have placed them inside the buildings through the windows? From what I know, that’s what Disneyland does. Unless the interior of the buildings at mainstreet are unusable I don’t see a reason why they couldn’t have done that

waltography

It's jarring but also appealing (in a really, really strange way) how I see the old castle in the new. I just wish it had a more unified color story - I feel super on-the-fence with those Disneyland Diamond Celebration-colored roofs. Maybe something like a burgundy roof?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom