So Has Anyone Read the New Disney Files?

MagicRat

Original Poster
We just got the new DVC magazine, Disney Files, the magazine likes to show how members make their homes Disney style. This quarter there was a showcase of a member’s pool. It was beautiful and it was all about Splash Mountain.

My question is if Disney was going to castaway Splash because of the racial problems with it, why would they showcase a member’s pool with the Splash theme?

I feel for that family for now being left to dry and shame on you Disney for being full of BS.

JoeCamel

We just got the new DVC magazine, Disney Files, the magazine likes to show how members make their homes Disney style. This quarter there was a showcase of a member’s pool. It was beautiful and it was all about Splash Mountain.

My question is if Disney was going to castaway Splash because of the racial problems with it, why would they showcase a member’s pool with the Splash theme?

I feel for that family for now being left to dry and shame on you Disney for being full of BS.
I doubt this is the right forum for this but most of those publications are laid out 6 or more months in advance and the articles are deliberately timeless

MagicRat

Original Poster
I doubt this is the right forum for this but most of those publications are laid out 6 or more months in advance and the articles are deliberately timeless

Well it’s news because it’s timely. That is one of the first parts of a news story and fine it was planned six months ago. Then why did Disney say the Splash changes were in the works for over a year?

MagicRat

Original Poster
Components of a news story;

• Proximity. ...
  • Prominence. ...
  • Timeliness. ...
  • Oddity. ...
  • Consequence. ...
  • Conflict. ...
  • Human interest. ...
  • Extremes/superlatives.

• Yep, it fits in the news, rumors and current events section.

WDW Pro

Maybe Disney Files has some bosses working out of Tokyo ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom