Pre-Trip We are going back!

First order of business - I am not making light of Covid-19. My entire family has had it and has recovered. Myself, Val, Sterg and Toni caught it from a family member that was in NYC way back in March. Val had it the worse - fever and in bed for a week. I was asymptomatic, Sterg felt "a little" under the weather and Toni lost the sense of taste for a few days. Alexandra, my oldest, caught it in Las Vegas during one of her stints as a traveling nurse. She was also asymptomatic but had to self-quarantine.

So Covid-19 has had an impact on my family. Additionally, my 92 year old Aunt tested positive in March but fully recovered. Sadly we could not see her. The best we could do was knock on the window of her room and wave as we stood between the bushes. She unfortunately passed away a couple weeks ago from congestive heart disease ( the Doctors gave her 3 months to live - almost 18 months ago!).

Second order of business - (most of) the Fractal family is going back to Disney World! I made reservation under convention rates late last year. Little did I know what was to transpire. After the Covid-19 outbreak, the convention was cancelled. However -
Disney still honored the reservation and under the convention rates which were a fraction of off the shelf rates. We have reservations at the new Destino Towers at Coranado Springs Resort from July 21st through the 26th!

The room however only sleeps 4 which is a problem when you have a family of 5. After our last trip, my wife Val proclaimed that she was never going back to Disney. I made these reservation under that directive but currently it's causing some "angst".
Needless to say, I'm committed to going back and my children are thrilled beyond belief. I want to see the new Star Wars land - even if I have to don a mask - and want to ride Mickey's runaway train at DHS, not to mention Toy Story Land!

Alex has taken off - her new assignment is in Columbia South Carolina, and Sterg and Toni are game.

Here they are from last Christmas with their "HI" hats. Hi is a weird thing in our family. If I say I'm going to get a fountain drink from Wawa the response could go something like this; "Hi fountain drink". If I say I'm going for a run after work I may expect this response; "Hi running after work." Almost anything is game for a "HI" comment.

20191225-DSC04850-X3.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:

Longers

Firstly Condolences on the passing of your aunt. Cherish the memories

I can’t wait for this TR - under the current circumstances it will be interesting to see what it’s like - hopefully it will be very quiet. (Just like the old days)

Great upgrade to the contemporary and beautiful picture of your children.

Looking forward to all the photos that I am sure will be coming our way. :D

fractal

Original Poster
Universal sent me an email, buy two days get two days free. Someone still wants our business!

Very tempting!

Is it really a Pre-Trip report if @fractal jr hasn’t made an appearance?

I'm sure it's just a matter of time. :rolleyes:
Yay! And I love your shirt!
Thanks!

But I thought she hated Disney?
Well, I guess she loves me more than she hates Disney - or maybe its the kids...

You married well!l

Yes I did!

Firstly Condolences on the passing of your aunt. Cherish the memories

I can’t wait for this TR - under the current circumstances it will be interesting to see what it’s like - hopefully it will be very quiet. (Just like the old days)

Great upgrade to the contemporary and beautiful picture of your children.

Looking forward to all the photos that I am sure will be coming our way. :D

Thanks! This will be interesting; assuming we get there.

SOOOOOO excited for this!! I love your trip reports!!! Also sending prayers and hugs to you and your family in regards to your aunt.

Thank you and thanks for following along!

I'm late, but I'm here! Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out for you to come and have a fabulous trip! That's a heck of an upgrade! Worst case scenario: lots of time at the pool. ;)

Thanks and yes, we're all crossing our fingers!

Last edited:

Rista1313

I'm so very late! I haven't been looking for new trip reports, well because their was no trips... but YAY! I'm so excited to see you'll be going, I cannot wait to read and see all about your adventures!

I am so glad your family made it thru the covid without hospitalization/ventilators/or death. HI! Very lucky! and I'm so sorry about your Aunt.

I sure hope you get somewhere with tickets soon. This whole mess has been super frustrating just to watch!

fractal jr

First order of business - I am not making light of Covid-19. My entire family has had it and has recovered. Myself, Val, Sterg and Toni caught it from a family member that was in NYC way back in March. Val had it the worse - fever and in bed for a week. I was asymptomatic, Sterg felt "a little" under the weather and Toni lost the sense of taste for a few days. Alexandra, my oldest, caught it in Las Vegas during one of her stints as a traveling nurse. She was also asymptomatic but had to self-quarantine.

So Covid-19 has had an impact on my family. Additionally, my 92 year old Aunt tested positive in March but fully recovered. Sadly we could not see her. The best we could do was knock on the window of her room and wave as we stood between the bushes. She unfortunately passed away a couple weeks ago from congestive heart disease ( the Doctors gave her 3 months to live - almost 18 months ago!).

Second order of business - (most of) the Fractal family is going back to Disney World! I made reservation under convention rates late last year. Little did I know what was to transpire. After the Covid-19 outbreak, the convention was cancelled. However -
Disney still honored the reservation and under the convention rates which were a fraction of off the shelf rates. We have reservations at the new Destino Towers at Coranado Springs Resort from July 21st through the 26th!

The room however only sleeps 4 which is a problem when you have a family of 5. After our last trip, my wife Val proclaimed that she was never going back to Disney. I made these reservation under that directive but currently it's causing some "angst".
Needless to say, I'm committed to going back and my children are thrilled beyond belief. I want to see the new Star Wars land - even if I have to don a mask - and want to ride Mickey's runaway train at DHS, not to mention Toy Story Land!

Alex has taken off - her new assignment is in Columbia South Carolina, and Sterg and Toni are game.

Here they are from last Christmas with their "HI" hats. Hi is a weird thing in our family. If I say I'm going to get a fountain drink from Wawa the response could go something like this; "Hi fountain drink". If I say I'm going for a run after work I may expect this response; "Hi running after work." Almost anything is game for a "HI" comment.

20191225-DSC04850-X3.jpg

More to come!
Just a quick PSA: The excitement I show in this picture does not match the excitement I have to be returning to Disney with the whole Fractal Family! I am stoked beyond belief! (Also Dad, can we get a little bit of an updated picture here? I know you have more...)

Shouldigo12

Sorry about your aunt, fractal. She sounds like a tough lady to have fought her way through so much, for so much longer than the doctors thought. I can't say I'm happy you and your family got the virus, but I'm glad that's hopefully a weight off of your shoulders for the trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom