First visit coming up during Covid

rreading

Original Poster
Okay, so we're some of the crazy ones and are going to Orlando during Covid. It's going to be a short trip, and we're hoping that lines will similarly be short so we're thinking about a single day at Universal. We're DVC members and so staying at GF. The questions that I have are:

1. Universal opens at 9AM and closes at 7PM. We're getting a park hopper to experience as much of Universal as possible. Would you try to rope drop it or just arrive whenever and expect that there should be plenty of time? We're really just interested in the Harry Potter stuff primarily and will experience everything else as available. Looks like 30min on a Saturday AM would be a likely travel time - sound about right?

2. I expect that the lines/crowds will be smaller than usual. I'm hoping to not buy the express pass but will do what we need to. Thoughts?

Thanks for any tips!

JoeCamel

Okay, so we're some of the crazy ones and are going to Orlando during Covid. It's going to be a short trip, and we're hoping that lines will similarly be short so we're thinking about a single day at Universal. We're DVC members and so staying at GF. The questions that I have are:

1. Universal opens at 9AM and closes at 7PM. We're getting a park hopper to experience as much of Universal as possible. Would you try to rope drop it or just arrive whenever and expect that there should be plenty of time? We're really just interested in the Harry Potter stuff primarily and will experience everything else as available. Looks like 30min on a Saturday AM would be a likely travel time - sound about right?

2. I expect that the lines/crowds will be smaller than usual. I'm hoping to not buy the express pass but will do what we need to. Thoughts?

Thanks for any tips!
Pretty crowded today.

Do the rope drop, if you can find a way to do the early admission do that. Universal is 15 - 20 minutes before posted opening when they start letting people through.

Yes, 30 mins to get from WDW to Universal is about right.

rreading

Original Poster
Pretty crowded today.

Do the rope drop, if you can find a way to do the early admission do that. Universal is 15 - 20 minutes before posted opening when they start letting people through.

Yes, 30 mins to get from WDW to Universal is about right.

I’ll be there with my 11 and 15yo. We’re okay to wait in lines but would like to experience most things. Would you purchase the express pass?

thanks!

JoeCamel

I’ll be there with my 11 and 15yo. We’re okay to wait in lines but would like to experience most things. Would you purchase the express pass?

thanks!
No express, with express you can always get it in park if you feel the need but if you rope drop whichever hp land is open you will get to experience it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom