Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

lostpro9het

Anyone know what the plan for Hall of Presidents might be when the stage can no longer hold all the AAs? It’s getting pretty crowded...
Hall_of_Presidents.jpg

MickeyMouse10

I'm starting to think Disney wants to get rid of their animatronics. First "Splash Mountain" and now "Hall of Presidents" is getting the ax. Isn't it enough that they only gave us only 1 on Nav'i River Journey and is projecting on stuff everywhere? What's next instead of fireworks they'll have projections of fireworks?

Plus I hate Lin Manuel Miranda.

ElvisMickey

Following a musical isn’t much different to following an opera, a TV show, a play or a movie. Especially when you have these things called programmes which tend to give a synopsis to help people understand the background, key plot moments and important characters.

People can’t even bother reading a full article on social media before chiming in with some stupid comments that, if they only read the article, they would have the answer to. What makes you think they’re going to sit and read a Playbill...especially the young kids? Look, I enjoyed Hamilton. I grew up going to the theater on Broadway in New York. Just saying that it’s not the easiest musical to follow and it helps if you have some background to the actual historical events. When you watched it, did you know what the significance of Princeton was? The Battle Of Monmouth? Hell, could you even explain the significance of half the main characters in the musical or who they were? I’ve also read numerous reviews this weekend where the writer felt the same.

As an aside, you can actually watch Drunk History on You Tube with Lin Manuel Miranda covering Hamilton where you get a much better idea as to what was going on than the musical gives you. And this video lasted less than 10 minutes.

_caleb

I'm starting to think Disney wants to get rid of their animatronics. First "Splash Mountain" and now "Hall of Presidents" is getting the ax. Isn't it enough that they only gave us only 1 on Nav'i River Journey and is projecting on stuff everywhere? What's next instead of fireworks they'll have projections of fireworks?
I haven’t seen any plans that show they’re getting rid of AAs in Splash or HoP.

jt04

Plus I hate Lin Manuel Miranda.

Harsh.

Splash being updated is definitely justified. HoP should be moved to Epcot if a change is inevitable.

No Name

As someone who has seen Hamilton and Hall of Presidents and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln live within the last year I think they are all extremely well produced theatrical productions.

I personally was deeply moved by all 3 and wouldn’t describe any of them a snooze fest.

Neither would I, but we are each just one person.

If it ain't broke.....
But if it needs an investment and causes a stir every four or eight years, and if people, especially younger people, are giving it particularly low ratings, and if capacity is underutilized, then perhaps there’s an opportunity for improvement.

“If it ain’t broke” is how companies go out of business.

mwf5555

I didn’t realize just how connected with Disney Lin-Manuel Miranda is until I saw a “7 things you didn’t know” video on YouTube last night. Some I knew that has already been mentioned, but I didn’t know he wrote the cantina song for Force Awakens or that he was to be involved in the live action Little Mermaid. He even named his son Sebastian. He clearly loves Disney and is connected to the Mouse, so having him do something in any capacity for an attraction makes sense.

If one reads the various critiques of Hamilton, Miranda infuriates both the right and the left, and also counts among his deepest supporters the right and the left. I mean, both **** [Hmm. Ok. Richard] Cheney and Barack Obama loved “Hamilton.” The guy has a Pulitzer, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony. He’s not easily dismissed as a flash in the pan or irrelevant.
he's overrated and somehow feels the need to lecture and insult audience members

nickys

Premium Member
People can’t even bother reading a full article on social media before chiming in with some stupid comments that, if they only read the article, they would have the answer to. What makes you think they’re going to sit and read a Playbill...especially the young kids? Look, I enjoyed Hamilton. I grew up going to the theater on Broadway in New York. Just saying that it’s not the easiest musical to follow and it helps if you have some background to the actual historical events. When you watched it, did you know what the significance of Princeton was? The Battle Of Monmouth? Hell, could you even explain the significance of half the main characters in the musical or who they were? I’ve also read numerous reviews this weekend where the writer felt the same.

As an aside, you can actually watch Drunk History on You Tube with Lin Manuel Miranda covering Hamilton where you get a much better idea as to what was going on than the musical gives you. And this video lasted less than 10 minutes.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

When I go to a theatre I always look at the programme - ours are far more specific to the show by the way than the Playbills you get on Broadway. And when I took my boys to see anything I would tell them what the story was if they didn’t know it. And does it matter if you don’t get every last detail? Maybe it would inspire people to go find out.

Takes me back to last summer and our visit to DC. We saw the sign to the Mason Memorial. I totally admit I knew nothing about him. But I read the info, I read the inscription and when I got back to the hotel I did a search on him. And when we got home I read more about him.

That’s how people learn, get their attention and inspire them to discover more. hopefully those who liked Hamilton will be inspired to go find out more about him and the story. And possibly those who didn’t like it may be tempted to go do some digging and nitpick the inaccuracies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom