wearing face masks?

Mickey Pride

I don't recall ever saying I would wear the mask improperly.

No you haven't. You've been saying:

And I just don't agree.
I honestly think Disney will have designated area where people will be able to catch some shade and take off their masks like I believe they have done at Universal at different closed locations. I believe one such location might just be the Beauty and the Beast show. It is a large theater space that will not be use and will have more than enough space for social distancing and to take a mask off and be seated.

rk03221

If there is a vaccine by January, corona will be forgotten about like H1N1, SARS, etc. it won’t be a cure but definitely a way for much less people to die and hospitals overflow. We’ll be out of this, we just need to pray a vaccine can come out ASAP

thomas998

I'm assuming nobody is going to give you a problem for eating. Not that I advocate it. But let's just say I buy a "Mickey Preztel". And take a few bites. Then I decide to walk around the park for the next few hours with my half eaten Mickey Pretzel. Any CM that questioned me would get "Hey, I'm eating a pretzel" - and they would be on their way..

I mention this because - I plan to keep up to rule as much as I can - factoring in 90 degree/100%humidity weather. But if it gets too hot I will pull my mask off. I'm just positing a scenario whereby if somebody wanted to spend $5 on a pretzel, or a beer at EPCOT, even a turkey leg in various parks - there are ways they can get around this rule.
That has been one of the truly ridiculous things about how some local governments are implementing masks... Masks must be worn... Except when those people are in a bar or restaurant eating or drinking and then I supposed the viruses have been trained to sit on the bench until the person finishes their meal or drink. It is comical the way the powers that be ignore what would be common to an elementary school students.

Tom P.

Seriously.......:bawling:
I have always been saying that the masks should come off.....only in reserved areas to do so.
There will be higher precautions there.

You have advocated removing it when you need a break away from people.
Which can still get others infected should you be a carrier.
Again, this is not what Disney's policy says. There are no "designated" areas to take your mask off. Not even restaurants. You can take your mask off when you are eating or drinking, regardless of where in the park you are. There is not going to be a designated area for eating your Mickey bar that Disney is constantly sanitizing.

thomas998

Very wrong. Disney has been extremely clear and blunt about the requirements. Cast Members are being instructed to enforce mask wearing the whole time and if a guest is resistant, they will be removed from the park. There is no wiggle room. Those who throw a fit will see consequences quickly. Which is exactly the way it should be. If people are too fussy and whiny to follow the rules and wear masks consistently, they do not deserve to be in the park and need to stay home. And if someone is not wearing one, I hope every other person there pushes them out of the way, removes them from line, and shames them until they either put their mask on or are removed. They aren't following the rules, so they shouldn't expect any rules or policies to protect them, either.
Of course the irony is the places where you aren't going to be required to wear the masks are in the closed in restaurants where you are at a higher risk of exposure. Care to explain the logic in that? Frankly outside in the open air with the sun beaming down your virus is going to have a harder time lasting long enough to infect someone than it will in a dark cool restaurant where it will be driving nicely for yards before it even has to worry about breaking down.

EmmieSue

Again, this is not what Disney's policy says. There are no "designated" areas to take your mask off. Not even restaurants. You can take your mask off when you are eating or drinking, regardless of where in the park you are. There is not going to be a designated area for eating your Mickey bar that Disney is constantly sanitizing.
Disney has stated there are special rest areas where you will be allowed to sit and take your mask off.

NickMaio

Of course the irony is the places where you aren't going to be required to wear the masks are in the closed in restaurants where you are at a higher risk of exposure. Care to explain the logic in that? Frankly outside in the open air with the sun beaming down your virus is going to have a harder time lasting long enough to infect someone than it will in a dark cool restaurant where it will be driving nicely for yards before it even has to worry about breaking down.
You can clean every table and surface after groups leave......BEFORE the next group sits down.
That is what WDW will be doing
You are creating a somewhat controlled environment.
It's not perfect but it will allow peopke to eat in the parks.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So I'm guessing that, contrary to some individuals beliefs, that there will indeed be places to take one's mask off.

"Wear your mask or don't come" no longer seems to be a rallying cry.

Stitch826

You can clean every table and surface after groups leave......BEFORE the next group sits down.
The reason for wearing masks is to keep the virus that you may unknowingly have contained in the mask rather than breathing droplets into the air freely and potentially infecting those around you, including those wearing masks themselves. Again, it is my understanding that cloth masks do not protect you from the virus, but protect others around you. With that being said, I agree with thomas998. Being in an enclosed indoor space without a mask while you are eating (or doing anything around other people) is far riskier than being outdoors without a mask. Yes, the tables and seats will be sanitized between guests, but the virus will still be present in the air.

Storm

I’ll agree that allowing guests to take masks off indoors makes the whole thing ridiculous , if you can take it off inside I don’t see why you can’t take it off outside , looks like things are backward to me as it should be the exact opposite happening

Tom P.

Disney has stated there are special rest areas where you will be allowed to sit and take your mask off.
Yes, but Disney has also said that you can take your mask on whenever eating or drinking. Just observe Disney Springs. People are walking around eating and drinking all over the place with masks lowered.

thomas998

You can clearn every surface in a restaurant, you can wipe every surface down with bleach if you wanted to and it still does nothing to eliminate the aerosolized virus that will be floating in the air for an more than an hour after the person that was infected last let out a yawn or belch to free those tiny viruses that were camping out in his lungs. The simple fact is those aerosolized viral particles are going to be infecting people who are now taking off their masks to eat. People can pretend that wiping surfaces is all you need to do or that only large droplets from a cough or sneeze matter, but that isn't what the virologists are saying (excepting the head of the WHO that has about as much credibility as a used car salesman).

Chi84

Premium Member
You can clearn every surface in a restaurant, you can wipe every surface down with bleach if you wanted to and it still does nothing to eliminate the aerosolized virus that will be floating in the air for an more than an hour after the person that was infected last let out a yawn or belch to free those tiny viruses that were camping out in his lungs. The simple fact is those aerosolized viral particles are going to be infecting people who are now taking off their masks to eat. People can pretend that wiping surfaces is all you need to do or that only large droplets from a cough or sneeze matter, but that isn't what the virologists are saying (excepting the head of the WHO that has about as much credibility as a used car salesman).
There’s no way to be 100% safe. People who go to a theme park now have to accept that masks will be lowered to allow others to eat and drink. Most people who were infected had some type of prolonged contact with an infected person. If you’re not comfortable with being in a space where someone may have yawned an hour ago, the only solution is to stay home. What else can you possibly do?

I’m not aware of any reports or studies showing that enough of the virus remains in the air to actually infect people in the way you described.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Have you actually read through this thread? There's nobody arguing that masks are going to be a part of the Disney experience for the next 20 years.

There are however, people stating that if you can't handle wearing a mask for 12 hours straight - you shouldn't be allowed to go. And I disagree with that. Go ahead, try to change the way I think. Good Luck to you.
Have you been reading that they won't be wearing them for 12 hours straight. Man, let it go. You are continuously trying to make a fictitious point. That is why you asked me if I was able to take a break without the mask and I told you that for about a rounded off, scattered 40 minutes out of 720 minutes a day, I was able to successfully not wear a body mask. I know what you are saying but you are creating a false narrative. No one will have to wear it for 8 or 12 hours straight and no one would. Stop pounding home a point that has no point.

Last edited:

disdonald

It may all comes down to park attendance with how long. If people feel it is not in their best interest to wear a mask and they do not hear it is a positive experience, then the lower attendance will definitely have an impact as to how long and what level. We may see in September or October a different narrative on mask wearing especially if it comes down to stock price and cash flow

NickMaio

Yes I completely agree.......
Kingdom can be an hour or more sometimes to get back to your car. WDW needs to offer some kind of food option to people. This is the best way they can by having specific zones where masks can be removed.
Personally I dont think they should be opening at all because of this risk to others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom